Dallas Cowboys 2018 offseason thread

DougO

They should have cut White. Nobody was going to claim him, he's just too raw and not ready to back up. Good arm, but long way to go. He would have made it to the PS. I didn't like the pick, but it's not like they haven't cut 5th round picks before. Cutting Scarborough was the real surprise for me. I thought he could actually contribute if somebody got banged up.

On Sunday, the Cowboys made a move to add depth at the position. Center Adam Redmond was one of two successful waiver claims the team made after perusing the list of available players on cutdown day.

Redmond was dropped by the Bills, who signed him to their practice squad last October. That came after Redmond appeared in four games with the Colts early in the 2017 season.

Joe Looney is expected to start at center as long as Frederick is out of action. They kept Parker Ehinger, Cameron Fleming and Kadeem Edwards as backup linemen on their initial roster.

The Cowboys also claimed former Texans defensive back Ibraheim Campbell. The 2015 Browns fourth-round pick played in 37 games for Cleveland and appeared in one game for Houston after being cut by the Browns last season.

14 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

You can’t possibly know that you fucked up that evaluation after one fucking preseason. Think about what you’re saying lol. Is it likely that he won’t anount to anything, yes. Because that’s usually what happens with qbs that get drafted after the 1st or 2nd round. But he was widely regarded as a 4th/5th round talent and he’s from a small school. You can’t just cut him after he looks like shit in one preseason. Now cooper Rush on the other hand, in my opinion, should be cut. No point in having two developmental qbs. Might as well keep the one that you invested a draft pick in, and go out and get an established backup since you can probably get one for dirt cheap now 

He looked so poor in camp and during the preseason that no team would sign him to their 53. Easy practice squad stash for next offseason to see if he can be anything more than garbage. The likelyhood of that is extremely small though. Even Romo showed flashes as an UDFA rookie in 2003. Dak showed a lot of flashes in 2016. This guy showed nothing. Zero. Stupid to put him on the 53. 

• Like 2