Ex Cop and son kill unarmed black man jogging

purplepride95

59 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

The Georgia man who recorded the shocking video of 25-year-old Ahmaud Arbery being shot to death has been charged with murder, the Georgia Bureau of Investigations announced Thursday.

William Bryan Jr. was charged with felony murder and criminal attempt to commit false imprisonment on Thursday in connection with Arbery’s February slaying while he was jogging on a residential street in Georgia, authorities said. He is currently being held in Glynn County Jail. 

Looks like some online/cellular communication has now been thouroughly vetted.

Oops!

Obviously found something to reveal that this bowl haircut mf'er was a part of the lynch mob all along.

Edited by Cajun
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, LongestHorn said:

Like what?  He was part of the McDaniels Gang.  

How did you know?  I saw what the NYT reported and nothing else seemed to corroborate it.

Something heretofore unknown had to corroborate what the NYT reported.  Still don't know what it was.  His phone?  Another witness? 

All of that would be evidence.  The NYT isn't evidence.

You can't criminally charge someone just because you earnestly believe it to be true.

Edited by TwiceHorn

Hooooooly shit. Just getting caught up. That’s huge.

So he had to have committed a crime as part of all this in order to be charged. But I bet they are also pressing charges so they can get him to rat on the Cletii for a deal. I hate shit like that but I’m unsympathetic in this case.

• Like 1

False imprisonment charge implies that at least one of the angles being pursued is that he did not have authority to make a GA citizen's arrest.

I don't recall that being one of the charges against the McMichaels.

Edited by JBJ

The “Cletii” surly-ism on this thread is pretty lame.  I get that the current cultural trend is to put a name to our stereotypes, but at least pick an actual southern generic name or nickname. And for Pete’s sake, stop using the incorrect fake Latin plural, that is unless you think the name “Cletius” is common among ignorant southern racists who harbor Chris Kyle sheepdog murder fantasies.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Guadaloopy said:

The “Cletii” surly-ism on this thread is pretty lame.  I get that the current cultural trend is to put a name to our stereotypes, but at least pick an actual southern generic name or nickname. And for Pete’s sake, stop using the incorrect fake Latin plural, that is unless you think the name “Cletius” is common among ignorant southern racists who harbor Chris Kyle sheepdog murder fantasies.  

Why don't you suck our penii?

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

thats-just-like-your-opinion-man_1_.gif

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Cletus

latest?cb=20130424153830

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I get it.   I just don’t think it’s quite the right characterization of these toolbags.   “Cletus” implies a mental deficit.  These guys have a moral deficit, and a big one. 

And the top definition that you linked at UD shows that the “proper‘ plural is Cleti.

The “Cletii” surly-ism on this thread is pretty lame.  I get that the current cultural trend is to put a name to our stereotypes, but at least pick an actual southern generic name or nickname. 

Help us out.  When we have multiple Karens, we have a "complaint of Karens."  When we have sister-fucking, bag-o-dicks hoarding, lying, cheating thieves, we refer to them as "Okies".

I don't want to call these guys rednecks or good ole boys, because I know plenty of folks who fall into that camp, who are not lusting to kill anybody, regardless of skin color.  Some people use "Bubba" instead of Cletus, but I have a cousin-in-law whom I'm friends with, who goes by Bubba.  Plus he's black, and college educated, so it definitely kills it for me.

But Cletus....there's just something about Cletus....I think of Cletus Del Roy Spuckler, aka Cletus the Slack-Jawed Yokel, from The Simpsons.  He doesn't seem to be racist though.  Just inbred.

I get where you're coming from - there is a moral deficit, rather than any inbred slack-jadedness.  

George Wallace wannabes doesn't exactly roll off the tongue.

1 hour ago, JBJ said:

False imprisonment charge implies that at least one of the angles being pursued is that he did not have authority to make a GA citizen's arrest.

Like somebody said, they have something damning on him, and it could very well be his cell phone, or perhaps there are witnesses we don't know about, who may have said he was trying to box the victim in.  Hell, we don't see much of his video, and we are supposed to believe, going by his attorney, that he saw somebody being chased by somebody else and just hopped in his car, rolled up seconds before the shooting, and then started filming.

On 5/20/2020 at 6:57 PM, Goodman said:

Hmm, guessing Viva's guest is the attorney in question?

Cliff's: Everyone's at fault and it'll be tough to convict based on facts. Lots of folks make money and the circle of crime continues. Sad case like most of these are, 2 sides to story. 

Viva's other live stream says it's at least man slaughter, but not likely a hate crime.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JBJ said:

I'm going to assume that because he wasn't armed or confronting the victim, he wasn't a good candidate for agg assault, which is a 1 to 20 in Georgia.

False imprisonment is a 1 to 10.

Also, as noted upthread, I was unclear on how "felony murder" was being used in reporting and discussions of this case.  I failed to notice this in the Georgia statute, which is actually entitled Murder; felony murder:

(c) A person also commits the offense of murder when, in the commission of a felony, he causes the death of another human being irrespective of malice.

So that actually makes it pretty easy for the prosecutors.  Not sure Williams is good for it though.

Also mandatory life, LWOP, or death for murder in Georgia.

Edited by TwiceHorn

7 hours ago, Guadaloopy said:

I get it.   I just don’t think it’s quite the right characterization of these toolbags.   “Cletus” implies a mental deficit.  These guys have a moral deficit, and a big one. 

And the top definition that you linked at UD shows that the “proper‘ plural is Cleti.

Let's review, shall we?

EFB3BHKGJ5DMVKAF2KDJSGZZYI.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

And let's hope this sends a shiver down the spines (if they have them) of any former LEOs who think they can just strap up any ole time they please and play HERO again.

Sorry pals, you're now just the same piece of shit citizens you thought the rest of us were while you were Law Doggin'.

Tough break.

• Like 2

And let's hope this sends a shiver down the spines (if they have them) of any former LEOs who think they can just strap up any ole time they please and play HERO again.
Sorry pals, you're now just the same piece of shit citizens you thought the rest of us were while you were Law Doggin'.
Tough break.

I’m not sure quivering pussies have the bone structure required.

1 hour ago, Buzzrock said:

Unlikely. But for the cell phone video they never would have been arrested. I’m sure the most recent issue of their newsletter has reminders not to film their lynchings.

I'm gonna posit that as dumb as they are there is an awareness, even amongst thier mentally challenged lot, that there are a plethora of non pals who LOVE to pull out their smartphones w/the the video app engaged.

Edited by Cajun
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, HRSchenker said:

Does the arrest of the guy behind the camera suggest that he played a role in setting up this killing? Lots of people were making him out to be just a random guy who happened to see it and decided to film it for evidence.

From the linked article announcing the arrest:

On the day of the shooting, Arbery was spotted walking around an open construction site and the McMichaels pursued him in a pickup truck, according to the police report. When they passed Bryan's home, Bryan got in his own vehicle and followed, The New York Times reported. 

When Arbery ran around the McMichaels' car, Bryan tried to block him, Gregory McMichael told investigators. Arbery ran past Bryan's car, too, and the two vehicles reportedly turned around and continued pursuing him. At 1:14 p.m., Bryan took the video of Travis shooting Arbery, the Times said. 

He actively participated in the illegal detention of Arbery, which directly led to his murder.

• Like 1

Help us out.  When we have multiple Karens, we have a "complaint of Karens."  When we have sister-fucking, bag-o-dicks hoarding, lying, cheating thieves, we refer to them as "Okies".
I don't want to call these guys rednecks or good ole boys, because I know plenty of folks who fall into that camp, who are not lusting to kill anybody, regardless of skin color.  Some people use "Bubba" instead of Cletus, but I have a cousin-in-law whom I'm friends with, who goes by Bubba.  Plus he's black, and college educated, so it definitely kills it for me.
But Cletus....there's just something about Cletus....I think of Cletus Del Roy Spuckler, aka Cletus the Slack-Jawed Yokel, from The Simpsons.  He doesn't seem to be racist though.  Just inbred.
I get where you're coming from - there is a moral deficit, rather than any inbred slack-jadedness.  
George Wallace wannabes doesn't exactly roll off the tongue.

Just call them peckawoods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

On 5/21/2020 at 11:24 AM, burntorangebongos said:

Hmmm. So like a flash mob but only for lynching?

On 5/6/2020 at 8:03 PM, TexasEd said:

My unsubstantiated theory is this "Neighborhood Watch" has a police scanner and some sort of radio network or text group that sends out the bat signal whenever a person of color is in the neighborhood and they all take it upon themselves to show themselves and be armed.  If it was a radio there may not be discovery but hopefully it's nextdoor, facebook messenger, or SMS that can be recovered and admitted to evidence.  I would bet the Duke Brothers that record would be revealing.

The prior gun burglary and the inspection of the construction site are just excuses (in their mind justification) for their actions to harass and dispense their form of vigilante justice. 

What do I win for calling this 18 days early?

• Like 4

8 hours ago, elfenix said:

Felony murder rule

That's the common-law variant, which makes any accessory to a felony in which a death occurs liable for murder.  Pretty nasty rule, actually.

I posted the Georgia variant, which is narrower as it appears that one must contribute somewhat ("caused") to the death, whether intentional or otherwise.  Not sure ol Bryan/Roddy is quite good for that.

Like somebody said, they have something damning on him, and it could very well be his cell phone, or perhaps there are witnesses we don't know about, who may have said he was trying to box the victim in.  Hell, we don't see much of his video, and we are supposed to believe, going by his attorney, that he saw somebody being chased by somebody else and just hopped in his car, rolled up seconds before the shooting, and then started filming.

How dare you!
Roddys lawyer said he had nothing to do with that shooting and he barely knew the cleti. Said Roddy was a hero.
You know lawyers dont lie!