Ex Cop and son kill unarmed black man jogging

purplepride95

Guest Lobo
55 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Special Prosecutor assigned.

I’m wary of the concept of hate crimes because it strays into the realm of thought crimes. But I don’t think that’s why Georgia is lagging.

There is another school of law with regard to thought/hate crimes.  You don't necessarily hunt and murder the black guy.  You chase and shoot him because you know in your jurisdiction, given his race and your background---you'll get away with him.  You just wanted to kill somebody with your son as a bonding experience, and this poor young black man was the most obvious target by which you'd evade justice.  A handful of Germans partook in killing Jews not because of any particular hatred or vitriolic anti-semitism...they just knew they had murderous rage in their hearts and killing a hated minority like that would be largely obfuscated from legal entanglements.  Cletii wanted to go "a-shootin' one day" and Sr. knew from his days on the force, this would all get swept away nicely so they did what they did.  They have opened up such a pandora's box, these two idiots have no idea what they've done to our judicial system.  People deserve their revenge and these guys deserve to die.  

23 minutes ago, Lobo said:

There is another school of law with regard to thought/hate crimes.  You don't necessarily hunt and murder the black guy.  You chase and shoot him because you know in your jurisdiction, given his race and your background---you'll get away with him.  You just wanted to kill somebody with your son as a bonding experience, and this poor young black man was the most obvious target by which you'd evade justice.  A handful of Germans partook in killing Jews not because of any particular hatred or vitriolic anti-semitism...they just knew they had murderous rage in their hearts and killing a hated minority like that would be largely obfuscated from legal entanglements.  Cletii wanted to go "a-shootin' one day" and Sr. knew from his days on the force, this would all get swept away nicely so they did what they did.  They have opened up such a pandora's box, these two idiots have no idea what they've done to our judicial system.  People deserve their revenge and these guys deserve to die.  

You think a lot of weird shit.  

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

You missed your calling as a writer.   Your imagination is off the charts.  I mean, we all we have imaginations, but you take things to an 11.   

And you’re willing to give voice to that imagination.  

For instance, I like to imagine that I was still a dancer and manager at a Chippendales, and that Kelly Rippa or Elisabeth Hasselbeck came in, only they were calling themselves “Karen”, and after a few rounds of drinks, they decided they needed to complain to the manager, me, and because the music and crowd were so loud, I had to take “Karen” back to my office so that she could properly complain about whatever it was that pissed her off, and I could do what I had to do to make sure she was satisfied.

But I would not post that on a public message board.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Herpa Derpa said:

Should've salted the earth and let the rivers run red.  No half measures.

Yeah that would have been great for the future of the nation.  Just render a whole region of your own country uninhabitable. Thank God Lincoln was president.

On 5/10/2020 at 6:34 PM, Dr. Beeper said:

If someone points a gun at me, I’m stopping in my tracks. 

I'm sorry but I just can't get over the ridiculousness of that statement. You're running down the street,a truck in front of you stops, and two bubbas pull out their shotguns. If you want to stop in your tracks and allow yourself to be executed, that's on you. Most people are going to either run away or fight back.

• Like 1

Just now, HRSchenker said:

I'm sorry but I just can't get over the ridiculousness of that statement. You're running down the street,a truck in front of you stops, and two bubbas pull out their shotguns. If you want to stop in your tracks and allow yourself to be executed, that's on you. Most people are going to either run away or fight back.

Well fighting back isn't much of an option, so you Better be a damn fast, and swervy running mother fucker.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Yeah that would have been great for the future of the nation.  Just render a whole region of your own country uninhabitable. Thank God Lincoln was president.

To be fair, parts of this country, namely the South, are damn near inhabitable during the summer months as it is.  

It was a joke though, poking fun of the idiot racists down there.    

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Well fighting back isn't much of an option, so you Better be a damn fast, and swervy running mother fucker.

You’d have to swerve off the road and into somebody’s backyard, at which point the Cletii are going to claim he was threatening other folks by running onto their property, and therefore they had to kill him.

Just now, atomheartbevo said:

To be fair, parts of this country, namely the South, are damn near inhabitable during the summer months as it is.  

It was a joke though, poking fun of the idiot racists down there.    But seriously, after the war, there were folks who did try to make it uninhabitable for folks of a certain skin color.  Which is why we are still dealing with the fallout.  

Thread drift imminent ... must ........ not........... reply.....

Just now, atomheartbevo said:

You’d have to swerve off the road and into somebody’s backyard, at which point the Cletii are going to claim he was threatening other folks by running onto their property, and therefore they had to kill him.

Yeah who knows how you'd react to having 2 shotguns pointed at your person.

32 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

bro this is surly, everyones CEO banging 10's and trained in the finest self defense martial arts, a firearm pointed at them kicks in the surly bravado that theyve been training for all their life.    for us common folks reality is you freeze shit yourself and pray.  ive had weapons pointed my way several times prior to and in the mil. you lock the fuck up to assess wtf.   but im just a common man  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

bro this is surly, everyones CEO banging 10's and trained in the finest self defense martial arts, a firearm pointed at them kicks in the surly bravado that theyve been training for all their life.    for us common folks reality is you freeze shit yourself and pray.  ive had weapons pointed my way several times prior to and in the mil. you lock the fuck up to assess wtf.   but im just a common man  

I keep forgetting how utterly badd ass we all are....

• Haha 1

I'm not a huge fan of hate crimes.

Argue racism or hatred as an aggravating factor, but don't create a new fucking crime. 

There are also "vulnerable victim" crimes for the elderly or disabled.  Don't really like those either.  Same deal, argue it as an aggravating factor.

To me, they are political pandering by criminal law.  That shit needs to stop ASAP.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Like 8

So do we make a new thread every time an officer or former officer of the law attempts or succeeds at a lynching?

MAY 11, 2020 12:42 PM EDT

(WILMINGTON, N.C.) — A sheriff’s deputy in North Carolina is facing criminal charges after authorities said he led a group of armed people to the wrong home in a search for a missing girl.

New Hanover County District Attorney Ben David said Friday that Jordan Kita, who worked in the New Hanover Sheriff’s Office, will be charged with trespassing and breaking and entering.

Kita led an armed group May 3 to the home of Dameon Shepard, a senior at Laney High School in Wilmington, according to James W. Lea, a lawyer for Shepard’s family who is preparing a civil lawsuit.

The all-white group tried unsuccessfully to force its way into the home of Shepard, who is black, news outlets reported.

So do we make a new thread every time an officer or former officer of the law attempts or succeeds at a lynching?
BY ASSOCIATED PRESS   MAY 11, 2020 12:42 PM EDT

(WILMINGTON, N.C.) — A sheriff’s deputy in North Carolina is facing criminal charges after authorities said he led a group of armed people to the wrong home in a search for a missing girl.

New Hanover County District Attorney Ben David said Friday that Jordan Kita, who worked in the New Hanover Sheriff’s Office, will be charged with trespassing and breaking and entering.

Kita led an armed group May 3 to the home of Dameon Shepard, a senior at Laney High School in Wilmington, according to James W. Lea, a lawyer for Shepard’s family who is preparing a civil lawsuit.

The all-white group tried unsuccessfully to force its way into the home of Shepard, who is black, news outlets reported.

4d6971caa63e96bec1172ae1ea60be1d.jpg

Just bring it, bitches.
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

This is the truth. I find the responses about "GETTING IN OTHER PEOPLE'S BUSINESS" humorous. It's an empty lot with a concrete slab and some framing on it. It's owned by the developer, it's not fenced, there is no signage on it telling you to stay out. And that's getting in someone's business? Ha.

Yes, that is getting in someone's business and trespassing.  It's property not owned by you and not a park, store, or other location open to the public.  I've never lived in suburban America but it sounds like a hellscape if people assume they're permitted on residential construction sites unless there is a sign telling them to stay out or a fence preventing them from entering.  You know you don't own the lot.  You know it's not open to the public.  Stay the hell out.  There are a million places open to you.

(Again, I feel like the need to state that I'm in no way condoning the murder by the vigilantes.  I assume trespassing is punishable by a small fine.  It shouldn't open you up to being killed by racist assholes.)

2 hours ago, CDAK said:

Yes, that is getting in someone's business and trespassing.  It's property not owned by you and not a park, store, or other location open to the public.  I've never lived in suburban America but it sounds like a hellscape if people assume they're permitted on residential construction sites unless there is a sign telling them to stay out or a fence preventing them from entering.  You know you don't own the lot.  You know it's not open to the public.  Stay the hell out.  There are a million places open to you.

(Again, I feel like the need to state that I'm in no way condoning the murder by the vigilantes.  I assume trespassing is punishable by a small fine.  It shouldn't open you up to being killed by racist assholes.)

You ever walk around a car dealership after hours to get a look at some vehicles without being accosted by a salesman?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, CDAK said:

You might feel that way, but that is not what the law says. And the law gives property owners who feel that way a method of notifying the public that they are not allowed to enter.

Guest Lobo

Was only a matter of time before a racially-charged lynching-style murder turned to a discussion about whether or not it's a violation of people's property rights to wander around their home during framing.  We've already heard from the "He'd still be alive if he just...(insert directives here).  Soon we'll hear from the resident weapons experts, and then finally the "there's not really racism anymore in America/this was an isolated incident" crowd.  This is all happening, right now, in our Republic, on our watch, to our fellow Americans.  From San Diego to El Paso to Southeast Georgia.  And we're discussing everything, but the thing.  

8 hours ago, cattail said:

Not sure what your point is about the lawyer.

Kind of a strange way for Cuomo to attack it.  "You are the Roddy in the police report?"  I would probably object, also.  I don't think you want your client making that type of legal admission in a TV interview, or assuming his familiarity with the police report.

Just ask him what his role was, or what happened that day, from his perspective.

Also sounds like there was a misunderstanding as to what he would talk about.

Edited by TwiceHorn

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

Was only a matter of time before a racially-charged lynching-style murder turned to a discussion about whether or not it's a violation of people's property rights to wander around their home during framing.  We've already heard from the "He'd still be alive if he just...(insert directives here).  Soon we'll hear from the resident weapons experts, and then finally the "there's not really racism anymore in America/this was an isolated incident" crowd.  This is all happening, right now, in our Republic, on our watch, to our fellow Americans.  From San Diego to El Paso to Southeast Georgia.  And we're discussing everything, but the thing.  

“The thing” you want to discuss, of course, being prison rape.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, CDAK said:

You might be right but it's not a crime. I've lived in suburban and rural America for most of my life and walking around residential construction sites is extremely common. I would say the mentality that you should stay out of these sites if you don't own it is probably held by a small minority of people, at least in my area. Everything we've seen in the video doesn't suggest a criminal trespass.

Felony murder and aggravated assault are the correct charges. I would surmise very few on here believe differently.

But it is important to discuss the trespassing angle as that will likely be a part of the defense case. Many people still want the local courts to handle it and there will be a jury.

No it’s not criminal trespass. nothing Arbery did that day rose to the level of criminal imo.

But what the Cletii or whatever will say is that there had been three prior instances of trespassing and theft in that neighborhood as backed up by police reports starting in October of 2019. They will probably insinuate if it wasn’t Arbery himself caught on camera (there was a black male mentioned in the timelines I found but his description does not match Arbery’s appearance) that he was part of this theft and trespassing “ring” and it was “reasonable” to assume on February 23 he had committed burglary.

its total bullshit. This likely defense. I don’t buy it. Wouldn’t buy it as a juror. But I have no idea what a local jury would determine. Especially with the climate of racism and a local DA all but calling the murder of Arbery “justifiable homicide.”  And the fact one of the defendants was prior LEO.

Arbery’s murder (as do many other instances) absolutely sickens me.

I do not understand the feelings of racism that still exist all over America. It makes me sick. 

Imo the only way to turn the tide on something like this is to seek the death penalty. Make it so that fuckers have to think more than twice about it. But that’s just my opinion. There has to be a clear message sent that this is not ok. Will never be ok and going forward this is what will happen to you if you do this. 

All my opinion. Not gonna jump into the “we all walk around homes under construction”argument. Some of us clearly do and some of us don’t. 

11 hours ago, CDAK said:

I've never lived in suburban America but it sounds like a hellscape if people assume they're permitted on residential construction sites unless there is a sign telling them to stay out or a fence preventing them from entering.  

A hellscape. Multiple people on multiple pages of this thread have admitted to checking out a construction site before, but now not only is it unfathomable, but it speaks to rural america being a *hellscape* because people wander into construction sites to check out the progress and see what's going on. 

Let me add myself to the list, I walked across the street into one of the gentrification special homes here in East Austin a couple years ago with a neighbor. Walked around the home, walked upstairs, noted how the 3-floor plan looked and admired the outdoor deck at the main bedroom, came down and went back home. Sorry for contributing to making East Austin a hellscape. The rhetoric will continue to ramp up from "hey who cares people do it all the time" to "hey maybe it's not cool to do that" to "your neighborhood sounds like a hellscape if people have the audacity to walk onto property that's not theirs" to "black man need shotgun in his face for trespassing on property that's not mine nor the killer's". Just keep going, you're almost there!

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, BurdineBandit said:

A hellscape. Multiple people on multiple pages of this thread have admitted to checking out a construction site before, but now not only is it unfathomable, but it speaks to rural america being a *hellscape* because people wander into construction sites to check out the progress and see what's going on. 

Let me add myself to the list, I walked across the street into one of the gentrification special homes here in East Austin a couple years ago with a neighbor. Walked around the home, walked upstairs, noted how the 3-floor plan looked and admired the outdoor deck at the main bedroom, came down and went back home. Sorry for contributing to making East Austin a hellscape. The rhetoric will continue to ramp up from "hey who cares people do it all the time" to "hey maybe it's not cool to do that" to "your neighborhood sounds like a hellscape if people have the audacity to walk onto property that's not theirs" to "black man need shotgun in his face for trespassing on property that's not mine nor the killer's". Just keep going, you're almost there!

I mean, I've also walked into a yard to look at the type of landscaping stones they used, the nice deer-resistant plants they planted, and the like.  Holy shit, I walked ON to someone else's property....without getting the express written consent of the property owner OR of Major League Baseball!  I am a hardened criminal, though -- the rest of you should not try this at home!

Jesus shitdicks.  What a stupid fucking conversation.  Every one of us (especially when we're driving) breaks a dozen or more laws a day.  Mostly traffic laws.  But on our evening walks, we probably take up too much of the street (we do move over when a car is coming).  We've walked into other people's yards (note -- that's actually NOT criminal trespass, but some of you seem to think it's inscribed above the Supreme Court, so there you have it).  I'm sure there are others.  It's hard to keep track when you're such a high-functioning criminal gang as my family is.

Of course, the number of us who have been run down and shot by neighbors remains pegged at zero.  None of us are black, and none of our neighbors are redneck racist LEO pieces of shit.  So, the deck may be stacked in our favor.

Edited by Brisketexan

Guest Lobo

Can't wait for the confederate voir dire process in this case, "Ladies and Gentlemen of the potential jury...there's nothing wrong with admiring a new home from the street...my wife loves to go on drives after church on Sundays to look at such construction.  But raise your hand if you feel walking into the home under construction is a non-christian trespass?"  

Just now, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Don't know about GA, but I don't think in Texas you can have the underlying felony as aggravated assault. 

Not sure about Georgia either but I’m fine with adding more charges to this. The more the better. Jmo. 

11 hours ago, CDAK said:

Yeah, I grew up in a suburb of Houston and homes that were being built seemed to be fair game most of the time, at least early in the process. Once they began focusing on the interior, though, venturing inside made you a weirdo. 

9 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

You ever walk around a car dealership after hours to get a look at some vehicles without being accosted by a salesman?

Maybe not a great comparison. The dealership is full of goods that they want you to buy. Goods that are not easily removed from the property, and there’s ample video surveillance  and documentation. It is automotive window shopping. 

4 hours ago, Casual Encounter said:

I guess you never played in an empty lot as a kid? 

I can't remember doing that.  But I certainly have different expectations for adults and children with respect to most minor offenses, like trespassing.

4 hours ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

You might feel that way, but that is not what the law says. And the law gives property owners who feel that way a method of notifying the public that they are not allowed to enter.

1 hour ago, HRSchenker said:

You might be right but it's not a crime. I've lived in suburban and rural America for most of my life and walking around residential construction sites is extremely common. I would say the mentality that you should stay out of these sites if you don't own it is probably held by a small minority of people, at least in my area. Everything we've seen in the video doesn't suggest a criminal trespass.

I'm certainly no trespass lawyer.  But I find it hard to believe that is the law.  I own plot of land X with a house on it in suburban America.  I tear down the house because I want to build a new house.  The law allows people to wander around my plot of land X from the moment I tear it down until the new house is complete?  When does the law quit allowing people to wander around on my property?  

42 minutes ago, BurdineBandit said:

Hellscape was hyperbole - that's fair.  I don't think it's a hellscape. I think all of you wandering around residential construction sites are nosy neighbors similar to the people on Nextdoor.  Your last couple of sentences are stupid and not worth responding to. 

14 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

I'm not a huge fan of hate crimes.

Argue racism or hatred as an aggravating factor, but don't create a new fucking crime. 

There are also "vulnerable victim" crimes for the elderly or disabled.  Don't really like those either.  Same deal, argue it as an aggravating factor.

To me, they are political pandering by criminal law.  That shit needs to stop ASAP.

This case is a good reminder why hate crimes are a decent idea.  If you are in bumfuck deep south and a black kid is murdered by white folks, the  easiest way to get some outsider jurisdiction is through the hate crime legislation.  otherwise, it is just a bunch of George Barnhill's in charge of the decision.