Ex Cop and son kill unarmed black man jogging

purplepride95

53 minutes ago, blacklab said:

From wikipedia:

If a target is 3 feet from a shotgun do you need to compensate for bullet drop?

That's a trick question, shotguns don't have bullets .... d'uhhh ... You do need to account for  blood, and matter splatter blow back probably...

In contemporary vernacular point blank means shot at extremely close range.  Fuck whatever WIKI says.

4 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

The more that comes out about this family....there's a whole lot there to unwrap already.  And I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that they didn't love her black boyfriends.

They may very well have been "one of the good ones" so don't count that out. 

Fuck the police I prefer sting's solo albums - Successful Black ...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, irishtexan said:

This seems to be the core of the problem right here. It's like a self-fulfilling prophesy.1)  Black person gets pulled over. 2) Black person gets angry because they feel they're being pulled over for bullshit reasons. 3) Cops get defensive because black man is scary. 4) Shit gets escalated. Cop shoots black person with taser or gun because "his veins were popping from his chest and I could feel him becoming enraged and may turn physically violent toward me." 5) "Totally understandable and justified. Thank you hero cop for keeping us safe."

wash. rinse. repeat

It’s all out of the “Stop resisting/I smelled pot” playbook.

Hilarious listening to these mouth-breathers playing to their body cams.  

Heroes 

1 minute ago, Cajun said:

It’s all out of the “Stop resisting/I smelled pot” playbook.

Hilarious listening to these mouth-breathers playing to their body cams.  

Heroes 

The core of the matter is that the legal standard for protection from any and all actions as a cop is that you thought "I feared for my life" for just a single moment. Supreme court has ruled on and upheld that standard, and it's a common thing taught to cops. Of course they're playing to their body cams, it's building a body of evidence for their defense case from criminal and civil prosecution

• Like 1

I'm aware. 

Doesn't take one thing away from the hilarity or from the sad commentary on the willfully obtuse in our "justice" system.  Not a thing.

Oh, and let me add...

Of course they're playing to their body cams, it's building a body of falsehoods they peddle as evidence for their defense case from criminal and civil prosecution

fifyed it for ya.

Edited by Cajun

4 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

Even at that short distance you will get a bit of spread so.... 

Are we talking minutes of operation here?

What calibers?  Only shotguns. What about 22 lr? 

300 BLK has more drop than 556.

What he fuck are we talking about?

Plastics.

• Haha 1

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8337983/Bodycam-video-appears-Ahmaud-Arbery-cuffed-attempting-steal-TV-2017.html

predictable trial of the victim commences:

Newly released bodycam footage shows the December 2017 arrest of Ahmaud Arbery for shoplifting a TV from a Georgia Walmart.  

Police released video Tuesday of Arbery's December 1, 2017, arrest outside a Brunswick Walmart store on shoplifting charges. 

The video shows Arbery being stopped with three friends and being ordered to sit on the ground. 

Arbery goes to stand up whilst being quizzed by police and is then ordered to lie face-down and is handcuffed and arrested.  

In the newly released footage, the officer can be heard asking the group about a 65-inch TV.  

'TV? What? We don't have any TV,' Arbery states.

'What about the 65-inch TV?' the cop says.

'Sixty-five-inch TV?' Arbery says.

After getting the age of the group, the officer asks them to all sit down.  

'Take a seat for what?' Arbery responds. 'I don't know nothing about no TV. … I don't steal no TV.'

A man then approaches the group and suggest that Arbery attempted to wheel the large television out of the store.  

'What TV?' Arbery asks, before motioning toward the store. 'The TV is in there.' 

Arbery attempts to get up, telling the officer that he has a receipt for the purchases he made. But officers instead detain Arbery and place him in a squad car. 

The group are then taken back to the Walmart as the clip comes to a close. 

Court records show Arbery pleaded guilty to trying to steal a television and was sentenced to five years on probation. 

The slain jogger's family have said that his previous charges are unrelated to his death. 

The footage was shared online on Tuesday and the Associated Press reported that it had been released by police.  

• Like 1

On 5/19/2020 at 11:50 AM, hayden_horn said:

yep. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8334269/Police-bodycam-footage-shows-Georgia-officers-try-tase-unarmed-Ahmaud-Arbery-three-years-ago.html

28557506-8334269-image-a-13_158985988386

i added the emphasis. scary black man angry about being harassed seems to justify whatever for cops.

This picture will be blown up and placed on an easel in front of the jury for closing arguments. No way those guys get convicted in Georgia. At best a series of mistrials. You can't convince me that you can get 12 people in Georgia to agree that it was murder. There will always be at least one asshole who passes the "racist" test in voir dire but will refuse to convict an ex-cop for murdering this guy. I mean, just look at him! He obviously wasn't just a guy jogging years after this photo!

• Like 2

Ladies and Gentlemen of the supposed jury.  Did my client grab a gun, get his son, hop in a car and drive after a guy running through a neighborhood, hop out of the truck, aim a loaded 12 gauge at the supposed victims chest, and pull the trigger when the supposed victim OUTRAGEOUSLY AND UNSCRUPULOUSLY AND FLAMBOYANTLY AND DEROGATORILY charge I SAID CHARGE my client who was merely pointing an obvious instrument of death at the supposed and alleged victim that would take nothing more than a slight twitch to instantly end his life? Yes he did. But you cannot tell me that he did not steal a 65 inch tv 3 years prior, can you?  Can you sit there and tell me that he did not steal a 65 inch tv 3 years prior?  You don't know for certain, do you?  

• Like 1

This picture will be blown up and placed on an easel in front of the jury for closing arguments. No way those guys get convicted in Georgia. At best a series of mistrials. You can't convince me that you can get 12 people in Georgia to agree that it was murder. There will always be at least one asshole who passes the "racist" test in voir dire but will refuse to convict an ex-cop for murdering this guy. I mean, just look at him! He obviously wasn't just a guy jogging years after this photo!

Genuinely curious: would you feel the same way if it was rural Texas?

3 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Genuinely curious: would you feel the same way if it was rural Texas?

I think it's cynical speculation.  Rural Texas would probably actually be worse as the jury pool is probably more likely to be white and/or hispanic (not sure rural hispanics that are citizens and registered voters or DL holders are reliably empathetic to other persons of color).

If you have more educated speculation about coastal Georgia juries, I'd be glad to hear it.  Sure it's the deep south, but I have a sense that it may be more progressive outside the real backwoods areas than people are willing to give it credit.

9 minutes ago, scottsins said:

Wtf?

You posted a 1.5+ hour video featuring Alex Jones’ attorney?

Ok. Maybe give a summary/Cliff’s notes version?

Glad to see you around, friendo.  I've been spewing educated, but inexperienced crimlaw opinions without a sanity check for months now.

29 minutes ago, scottsins said:

Wtf?

You posted a 1.5+ hour video featuring Alex Jones’ attorney?

Ok. Maybe give a summary/Cliff’s notes version?

Hmm, guessing Viva's guest is the attorney in question?

Cliff's: Everyone's at fault and it'll be tough to convict based on facts. Lots of folks make money and the circle of crime continues. Sad case like most of these are, 2 sides to story. 

16 minutes ago, Goodman said:

Hmm, guessing Viva's guest is the attorney in question?

Cliff's: Everyone's at fault and it'll be tough to convict based on facts. Lots of folks make money and the circle of crime continues. Sad case like most of these are, 2 sides to story. 

Agreed with the bolded.  Because the two most important facts are 1) black victim 2) Georgia jurors.  It only takes one.  The presumption of guilt on any given black thug, I mean, uh, black man, is irrebuttable among a significant percentage of Georgia jurors.  And the presumption that a cop, even an ex-cop, can do no wrong, is similarly treated by those same jurors.  

I think it's cynical speculation.  Rural Texas would probably actually be worse as the jury pool is probably more likely to be white and/or hispanic (not sure rural hispanics that are citizens and registered voters or DL holders are reliably empathetic to other persons of color).
If you have more educated speculation about coastal Georgia juries, I'd be glad to hear it.  Sure it's the deep south, but I have a sense that it may be more progressive outside the real backwoods areas than people are willing to give it credit.

I don’t have any special insight. I grew up in rural Georgia but I’ve lived in Atlanta since 1990. I have friends and family in small town Georgia who don’t have a racist bone in their body, but there are also plenty of Cletii out there.

I am always curious about people’s perceptions of Georgia though. I remember we had a girl move from Delaware to Athens in the 80s and attend my high school. She genuinely expected us all to be sitting around on fences in overalls with no shoes on.

5 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

I don’t have any special insight. I grew up in rural Georgia but I’ve lived in Atlanta since 1990. I have friends and family in small town Georgia who don’t have a racist bone in their body, but there are also plenty of Cletii out there.

I am always curious about people’s perceptions of Georgia though. I remember we had a girl move from Delaware to Athens in the 80s and attend my high school. She genuinely expected us all to be sitting around on fences in overalls with no shoes on.

I try not to prejudge people of whom I have no personal knowledge.  It's the same "bone" that racism comes from.  On the other hand, stereotypes do tend to exist for a reason and it amuses me (sometimes in a sick, morbid way) when groups conform to the stereotype.

The fact that the locals there elected two shithead DAs in the form of Jackson and Barnhill is discouraging.  That the Glynn County PD is corrupt to the point of dissolution is troubling.  But the fact that it's under investigation is promising.  Also seems the Glynn County PD wanted to charge them from jump, at least the investigating officers.

The prospect of a biased voir dire doesn't trouble me all that much, as I think the legal framework prevents the worst and the prosecution and defense are about equal on it. 

What could be troubling, though, is the jury pool selection process.  There are a number of "institutional" ways that can operate to make it unlikely that the jury is selected from a real cross-section of the county or district .Most jury pools are selected from registered voters or drivers license holders, or some combination.  As we've seen, there are a number of ways that people (of color) can be excluded from both.

And, of course, it only takes one to hang a jury.

Edited by TwiceHorn

5 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

Hmmm. So like a flash mob but only for lynching?

There was some mention of hysteria on Nextdoor and Facebook about the visitors to the construction site and other little pecadilloes.

Social media is the devil and will be the ruination of us all.

Guest Lobo
7 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

Hmmm. So like a flash mob but only for lynching?

Yeah, and if he had just complied and got down and the ground and pled for his life...it would have given Cletii more time to text/FB message their confederates time to get there to join in on the HOA police action.  

Edited by Lobo

8 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

So she was confusing Georgia with Oklahoma?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

Social media is the devil and will be the ruination of us all.

Actually it’s exposing a helluva lot of shitty people, that would not have otherwise been exposed.  It’s also opening a lot of eyes up to a lot of practices that should have ended decades ago.

Actually it’s exposing a helluva lot of shitty people, that would not have otherwise been exposed.  It’s also opening a lot of eyes up to a lot of practices that should have ended decades ago.

Also, it may expose numerous other defendants to conspiracy to commit murder charges.

16 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Agreed with the bolded.  Because the two most important facts are 1) black victim 2) Georgia jurors.  It only takes one.  The presumption of guilt on any given black thug, I mean, uh, black man, is irrebuttable among a significant percentage of Georgia jurors.  And the presumption that a cop, even an ex-cop, can do no wrong, is similarly treated by those same jurors.  

Well, let's at least hope that this impoverishes them.

Of course, there'll be plenty of bootlickers out there throwin' mad coin at their GoFundME whathaveyou.

The Georgia man who recorded the shocking video of 25-year-old Ahmaud Arbery being shot to death has been charged with murder, the Georgia Bureau of Investigations announced Thursday.

William Bryan Jr. was charged with felony murder and criminal attempt to commit false imprisonment on Thursday in connection with Arbery’s February slaying while he was jogging on a residential street in Georgia, authorities said. He is currently being held in Glynn County Jail. 

• Like 4

Guest Lobo

RICO!  Finally HOA's get what's coming to 'em.  "Well we could talk about re-doing the front mailbox cluster...or discuss how to get rid of these jogging darkies."