Jump to content
Awful horrible bad shit is happening in the USA right now, if you are afraid of your fucking feelings getting hurt this isn't the website for you. ×
purplepride95

Ex Cop and son kill unarmed black man jogging

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Que?

From the article:

Quote

Mr. Barnhill, [the prosecutor,] stated that video exists of Mr. Arbery “burglarizing a home immediately preceding the chase and confrontation.” 

Edited by JBJ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lots of dumbass in Georgia here.

law is dumb

cooter and jim bob are dumb

videos will be interesting.  they will probably get off if the video shows the runner going at the guy but I can see the son getting some kind of negligent homicide with minimum sentence.

I wonder if the son's gun goes off during struggle and then the dad shoots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, immortal13 said:

You seem mildly regarded 

You’re right, there’s no place for unnecessary/unjustified shootings in America.  And I once testified for the second amendment.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Lobo said:

You’re right, there’s no place for unnecessary/unjustified shootings in America.  And I once testified for the second amendment.  

Ok moderately 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

Ok moderately 

Wouldn’t say retarded. I’d say weird and sheltered and nerdy. He needs a bragging montage. I’ll start collecting. It will be glorious. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Lobo said:

And doesn't this start to invite this scenario? 

Get one of your buddies with a clean criminal record, to dress suspicious and run through a neighborhood where he doesn't necessarily fit the demographic (pick somebody who is fast)

He entices the rednecks to give chase.

Rednecks turn a dark corner and get their weapons at the ready.

Original "running man" has a handful of friends around the corner who see the rednecks have guns (one guy is filming it).

Running man's friends see that a crime is already taking place (chasing down an unarmed man who actually hasn't committed any crimes is itself illegal) given the rednecks are packing.

Open fire on the rednecks and claim protection under this insane statue.  

Seems like a legit way to get rid of some really unnecessarily violent members of the Get 'Er Done crowd.

I've seen this movie I think.  Or at least, the makings of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Wouldn’t say retarded. I’d say weird and sheltered and nerdy. He needs a bragging montage. I’ll start collecting. It will be glorious. 

This guy, I love this fucking guy.  I'll take weird and nerdy, but I'll have to give pushback on sheltered.  But then, you'd understand being a black guy with Rex Kramer's backstory.  

Levity aside, I do appreciate your energy space insight as of late.  Good stuff that's needed.

Edited by Lobo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Lobo said:

This guy, I love this fucking guy.  I'll take weird and nerdy, but I'll have to give pushback on sheltered.  But then, you'd understand being a black guy with Rex Kramer's backstory.  

Levity aside, I do appreciate your energy space insight as of late.  Good stuff that's needed.

Happy to assist. Clearly I was joking with the black guy comment. I don’t get the constant comparisons to RK but at this point I don’t care. We both post(ed) in the oil thread and the ticket thread.

You do need a bragging montage, speaking of the Ticket. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do we need a thread every time a white person kills an unarmed black person?  Or one every time a black person kills an unarmed white?  Or every time a black person kills an unarmed black person?  Or a white person kills an unarmed white?

If you’re outraged about a black person getting killed and the shooter not getting prosecuted, go check out what happens in New Orleans on a routine basis.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Johnny Sack said:

Do we need a thread every time a white person kills an unarmed black person?  Or one every time a black person kills an unarmed white?  Or every time a black person kills an unarmed black person?  Or a white person kills an unarmed white?

If you’re outraged about a black person getting killed and the shooter not getting prosecuted, go check out what happens in New Orleans on a routine basis.  

They’re the minority historically persecuted. You can’t seriously compare this to a black person killing anyone. Still, need more data and that video. Repeating it here is like yelling at an angry mob so it’s futile. Too many people already have made up their minds on exactly what happened. And that’s retarded. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Do we need a thread every time a white person kills an unarmed black person?  Or one every time a black person kills an unarmed white?  Or every time a black person kills an unarmed black person?  Or a white person kills an unarmed white?

If you’re outraged about a black person getting killed and the shooter not getting prosecuted, go check out what happens in New Orleans on a routine basis.  

Surly SJW’s...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Wouldn’t say retarded. I’d say weird and sheltered and nerdy. He needs a bragging montage. I’ll start collecting. It will be glorious. 

With underlying tones of being a closet racist himself.  Dude legit has some serious mental issues 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

With underlying tones of being a closet racist himself.  Dude legit has some serious mental issues 

Aww, you are so sweet.  I’ll try to remember you in real life but somehow your clutch to this world will make that a challenge.  Seriously though; we are all rooting for you make it out of the group home.  As a proud mexican, the only race I resent are voters like you.  But y’all be gone soon enough.  I’d say I’m excited for our time but I already have more accidental power than you could ever aggregate. And seriously, please stop shooting dark people.  

Edited by Lobo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

13 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Still, need more data and that video. Repeating it here is like yelling at an angry mob so it’s futile. Too many people already have made up their minds on exactly what happened. And that’s retarded. 

This.  Can't believe so many people reacted negatively to wanting the video released.  They aren't really interested in the truth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JBJ said:

 

This.  Can't believe so many people reacted negatively to wanting the video released.  They aren't really interested in the truth.

I really don't see what the video would help for me. This dude was taking a Sunday jog and these guys hunted him down. If Billy and Bob would have stayed they ass at home and called the police this kid would hopefully still be alive. To me they escalated the situation just like Zimmerman with Trayvon. Human nature is to protect yourself and fight for your life. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm pretty sure leaving "probable cause" and "reasonable suspicion" to laypeople is unconstitutional. Even when applies to cops and prosecutors with official police powers, those standards have had to withstand constitutional challenges (they have and I'm generally okay with it in theory, but I've all but lost faith in courts and juries to apply these standards fairly).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Lobo said:

Aww, you are so sweet.  I’ll try to remember you in real life but somehow your clutch to this world will make that a challenge.  Seriously though; we are all rooting for you make it out of the group home.  As a proud mexican, the only race I resent are voters like you.  But y’all be gone soon enough.  I’d say I’m excited for our time but I already have more accidental power than you could ever aggregate. And seriously, please stop shooting dark people.  

as i expected,  you've proven your racist cry baby bullshit and holier than thou time and time again, while simultaneously assuming my race or political affiliation.  

its A shame covid isn’t thining the heard of hateful hunks of human shit that dont deserve to breathe much like yourself 

ya'll will be gone soon enough though.   Youre the problem 

Edited by Sgt Hulk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

as i expected,  you've proven your racist cry baby bullshit and holier than thou time and time again, while simultaneously assuming my race or political affiliation.  

its A shame covid isn’t thining the heard of hateful hunks of human shit that dont deserve to breathe much like yourself 

ya'll will be gone soon enough though.   Youre the problem 

Wow, dude...that got awfully violent and personal.  Here's the thing...I'm not hateful...you are.  You hate me because I'm Hispanic.  We all know who you vote for and we laugh at you both in your face and behind it.  It's okay though, the nation is gonna make it through this in spite of folks like you.  There'll be a place for you on the other side of this.  The one good thing about incidents like this, we get to see who the truly evil people are.  They self-identify. It used to take decades to flush people like you out.  We thank you for your service.  

IRL, I never knew who you were until this recent post.  I suppose I think of you as often as your wife thinks of me.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Wow, dude...that got awfully violent and personal.  Here's the thing...I'm not hateful...you are.  You hate me because I'm Hispanic.  We all know who you vote for and we laugh at you both in your face and behind it.  It's okay though, the nation is gonna make it through this in spite of folks like you.  There'll be a place for you on the other side of this.  The one good thing about incidents like this, we get to see who the truly evil people are.  They self-identify. It used to take decades to flush people like you out.  We thank you for your service.  

IRL, I never knew who you were until this recent post.  I suppose I think of you as often as your wife thinks of me.  

Its obvious you have me confused. Because you continue to talk like you know me but I’ve never spoken a single word to you but I’ve seen your racist posting spew all over the board and you continue to make race the center of your posts while I never knew your race nor did I care to know. Yet you continue to act like a race baiting piece of trash that acts like a 6 year with the. “Your wife thinks of me”  That alone proves to me you’re on the low end of society that I wouldn’t normally look at. You have under developed type 2 thinking which I can only assume is genetic and  has likely been passed along to your offspring. God bless them.  I would make a wife joke back and stoop to your level. But you or your mail order bride arent worth my time.   I’m sorry your hateful ass had to rely on race in every convo. Must sick to live your life daily 

Edited by Sgt Hulk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sgt Hulk said:

Its obvious you have me confused. Because you continue to talk like you know me but I’ve never spoken a single word to you but I’ve seen your racist posting spew all over the board and you continue to make race the center of your posts while I never knew your race nor did I care to know. Yet you continue to act like a race baiting piece of trash that acts like a 6 year with the. “Your wife thinks of me”  That alone proves to me you’re on the low end of society that I wouldn’t normally look at. You have under developed type 2 thinking which I can only assume is genetic and  has likely been passed along to your offspring. God bless them.  I would make a wife joke back and stoop to your level. But you or your mail order bride are worth my time.   I’m sorry your hateful ass had to rely on race in every convo. Must sick to live your life daily 

Holy shit, levity aside...that is weird.  My daughter was in my office this morning and usually puts a couple of books on the desk that she wants to read with me (typically based on the illustrations on the front).  And she picked "Thinking Fast and Slow."  You mentioned Type 2 thinking, so it got me thinking about that book and there it was on my desk.  So again, I never think of you IRL, and you never think of me.  It actually doesn't really suck to live my life daily, I just got a promotion at UT in fact.  Really eerie that you brought up #2 thinking though, maybe a sign you're alright.  High five.  Honestly man, if you thought any of this was based on real life... ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These rednecks are retarded.  If you want to kill the black guy and not deal with all this BS just call the cops on him and say you saw him make a furtive movement AND reach into his pocket.  You can also throw in the fact he was running for good measure.  I'd think as an ex-cop, daddy knows how to play the game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now now, I'm sure Johnny Sack will be by to post all of the videos of black men chasing down unarmed white men, murdering them, and then escaping prosection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Am I seeing it right that he was behind their truck after it stopped?

So it would appear that they yelled at him, drove past him, got out with guns, and then engaged?

And he continued running toward the truck?

As I figured from the verbal description, that video doesn't clarify anything in favor of the shooters; it makes it worse.

Also, the video seems to eliminate the plausibility of he was fleeing or acting furtively.

Edited by TwiceHorn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I can't see the facebook feed so I don't know if the name of the person is related to the shitheads.  Who was in the car that rolled up on the execution?  Kinda looked like he was meaning to film and it and also kinda looked like he was very much caught off guard.  Can you tell by who posted the facebook video/who that third person is in the car filming?  The video is rough obviously, but the driver is already standing outside a parked truck and the guy in the bed is already to go.  That driver is so fat, I doubt he parked the truck, jumped out, and his weapon at the ready all in that tiny split second when the trees obfuscate the scene.  Which leads me to my next point...

Because the two dipshits didn't so much as chase down the victim as they just laid in wait with barrels trained on him waiting to pinch him in somewhere between the ditch, the truck, and the road and put three rounds into his chest and let him bleed out in the middle of the road in broad daylight.  Nobody seemed to be running him down like you would somebody who broke into your home or assaulted a family member.  They "seem" to from the non-existent investigation to have been waiting there pre-meditated with weapons already set to kill him or at least severely wound him.  At that range, they knew he'd bleed out/die almost instantly, and not just get a little buckshot on top of the ribs.  I'm sure they claim it was meant to be a flesh wound but not at that range, and not with his police training.

Sorry some of us jumped to racial conclusions earlier in this thread. By the build of the two athletes in the pickup, they are very obviously also avid joggers, and this was all an unfortunate misunderstanding among three runners about trail reservations.  

Edited by Lobo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Am I seeing it right that he was behind their truck after it stopped?

So it would appear that they yelled at him, drove past him, got out with guns, and then engaged?

And he continued running toward the truck?

As I figured from the verbal description, that video doesn't clarify anything in favor of the shooters; it makes it worse.

Also, the video seems to eliminate the plausibility of he was fleeing or acting furtively.

Yeah what the hell was that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand how people get all worked up about stuff going on in their neighborhood. But this is madness and probably murder. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, purplepride95 said:

I don’t see anything at the beginning that shows he was doing anything other then jogging.

the "burglary" jbj was referring to was the guy stopping to look around a house on construction, as described by one of the 911 calls. not sure i would characterize that as burglary, as i've poked around construction sites myself when i was younger. there's a certain male curiosity when you see a house site.

these dudes murdered that guy. they went looking for trouble, and they made it happen. fuck the both of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why did the runner charge the guy with the gun?  I’d really like to know. I’m not sure the video tells me much. But yeah, brutal, and certainly not a good look for the shooter. I just can’t fathom why a jogger would charge a guy with a gun?  I’ll rewatch a few more times. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, GringoSalado said:

Yeah what the hell was that.

Overall, I think it shows his innocence or at least a lack of a guilty conscience.

If some rednecks yell at you while you're running, probably best just ignore them.  If they pull ahead of you, just keep on minding your business, although it might be reasonable to give them a wide berth.

Then when some asshole jumps out and pulls a shotgun on you, I don't think there's much second-guessing about what you do.  That is, just about anything, running, trying to wrestle it away if you can't, anything is reasonable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Why did the runner charge the guy with the gun?  I’d really like to know. I’m not sure the video tells me much. But yeah, brutal, and certainly not a good look for the shooter. I just can’t fathom why a jogger would charge a guy with a gun?  I’ll rewatch a few more times. 

Looks to me like he tried to swerve wide around the truck and Cletus T. Asshole tried to shove the shotgun in his ribs.

On another re-viewing, it looks like he came around the front of the truck and Cletus T. Asshole actually discharged the shotgun.  Contrary to other reports, I hear THREE SHOTS.

Unless this video showed him emerging from the alleged "burglary" site and then doing something unfathomable to the vigilantes, there was nothing this video was going to show me to absolve the shooters (based on the written descriptions above).

Edited by TwiceHorn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, jkates said:

I understand how people get all worked up about stuff going on in their neighborhood. But this is madness and probably murder. 

Yeah, the Nextdoor.com group in their neighborhood seem excessive.  Still curious about who the guy filming is.  He kinda seems to be anticipating what is gonna happen but also seems nervously fumbling and not totally sure what he's rolling up on.  

I think the kid got boxed in and was either fight their weapon away from them and wait for the police, or haul ass into a yard.  He started panicking and fighting back, perfectly legit response for a scared human who these pieces of shit had turned into prey.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

Overall, I think it shows his innocence or at least a lack of a guilty conscience.

If some rednecks yell at you while you're running, probably best just ignore them.  If they pull ahead of you, just keep on minding your business, although it might be reasonable to give them a wide berth.

Then when some asshole jumps out and pulls a shotgun on you, I don't think there's much second-guessing about what you do.  That is, just about anything, running, trying to wrestle it away if you can't, anything is reasonable.

He’d be alive if he stopped. If he was notorious for running and wasn’t stealing anything (I am not speculating that he was; it was suggested in the original article), it’s an inconvenience that will eventually lead to you clearing your name. I don’t know what it’s like to be black and hate watching killings like that. And some people may say “it’s a major inconvenience to be black and have to put up with that shit.”  I agree, but it’s a minor inconvenience when you are left with your life. 

Makes me glad I have a treadmill. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

He’d be alive if he stopped. If he was notorious for running and wasn’t stealing anything (I am not speculating that he was; it was suggested in the original article), it’s an inconvenience that will eventually lead to you clearing your name. I don’t know what it’s like to be black and hate watching killings like that. And some people may say “it’s a major inconvenience to be black and have to put up with that shit.”  I agree, but it’s a minor inconvenience when you are left with your life. 

Makes me glad I have a treadmill. 

Setting aside his blackness and his habits, if two random shitheads stop their truck to harass you while running and THEN PULL A FUCKING SHOTGUN ON YOU, I'm not sure stopping is really in the range of reasonable responses.  It's certainly not the required or even prudent response.  As I said upthread, that's so bizarre and frightening, I'm not going to call him out for just about any response.

And I am one who tends to think that, although they shouldn't have to to avoid getting shot or beaten to death, anyone being rousted by the cops should be polite and compliant, no matter how outrageous the stop.

If they were cops in uniform, that might be a different story.

Edited by TwiceHorn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

He’d be alive if he stopped. If he was notorious for running and wasn’t stealing anything (I am not speculating that he was; it was suggested in the original article), it’s an inconvenience that will eventually lead to you clearing your name. I don’t know what it’s like to be black and hate watching killings like that. And some people may say “it’s a major inconvenience to be black and have to put up with that shit.”  I agree, but it’s a minor inconvenience when you are left with your life. 

Makes me glad I have a treadmill. 

I don’t believe for a second he’d be alive if he stopped.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Looks to me like he tried to swerve wide around the truck and Cletus T. Asshole tried to shove the shotgun in his ribs.

Unless this video showed him emerging from the alleged "burglary" site and then doing something unfathomable to the vigilantes, there was nothing this video was going to show me to absolve the shooters (based on the written descriptions above).

I saw the runner smartly veer right and then the camera went away from them. Next thing I know is there’s a gunshot and the guy is charging him. I don’t know who moved at who first. I infer two things: 1) the runner was sick and tired of likely some harassment and unfortunately exhibited poor judgment. Don’t give rednecks a reason to shoot. Maybe the first shot was in the back or air to scare the guy. But why charge him?  Why continue to charge after getting shot?  2) at best, the shooter and likely Dad are overzealous idiots and are guilty of manslaughter for no reason which likely kicks the charge up a notch. At worst they belong in prison for life. If this guy stole something, trail him and call the police. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Setting aside his blackness and his habits, if two random shitheads stop their truck to harass you while running and THEN PULL A FUCKING SHOTGUN ON YOU, I'm not sure stopping is really in the range of reasonable responses.  It's certainly not the required or even prudent response.  As I said upthread, that's so bizarre and frightening, I'm not going to call him out for just about any response.

And I am one who tends to think that, although they shouldn't have to to avoid getting shot or beaten to death, anyone being rousted by the cops should be polite and compliant, no matter how outrageous the stop.

If they were cops in uniform, that might be a different story.

I don’t agree. When you’re dealing with overzealous rednecks, and you’re clearly in a residential area, listen to them even if it makes you irate. They have the power with a shotgun and handgun, and they wielded that power. Running is probably going to lead to a shot in the back. Charging will lead to a shot in the gut. The latter happened and the former could have happened. The reasonable response is to keep your cool, and frankly it’s the only response. Check your fucking ego and pride and survive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, formermav43 said:

I don’t believe for a second he’d be alive if he stopped.

I do. They likely baited him into getting “uppity negro” and he fell into their trap. Of course he shouldn’t have to deal with that, but that was his reality. He should have sat down right by their truck with hands visible and waited for the police. He fell right into their hands. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I don’t agree. When you’re dealing with overzealous rednecks, and you’re clearly in a residential area, listen to them even if it makes you irate. They have the power with a shotgun and handgun, and they wielded that power. Running is probably going to lead to a shot in the back. Charging will lead to a shot in the gut. The latter happened and the former could have happened. The reasonable response is to keep your cool, and frankly it’s the only response. Check your fucking ego and pride and survive. 

Perfectly fine hindsight analysis.  Can't fault it.  I just think most bets are off when you come around the truck and there's a dude drawn down on you.

Also, anyone else think it appears that Cletus shot at him as he went around the front of the truck for a total of three shots?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, in reluctantly looking for the video, I saw a partial explanation for the delay in charges.

Because Cletus, Sr. was a DA investigator, the DA with initial jurisdiction recused.

Then the second DA that got it recused from some relationship to the parties.

So it has been in kind of limbo the whole time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, formermav43 said:

I don’t believe for a second he’d be alive if he stopped.

This! What I do believe is he would be alive if they stayed home and called the authorities. This young man thought his best action was to fight for his life. No one knows what they would do in that situation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


mpu


Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...