Ex Cop and son kill unarmed black man jogging

purplepride95

6 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

You’re naive if you don’t think LeBron was referring to being hunted by white men. Black on black violence doesn’t move the needle. 

i always get curious to see who "likes" shitty posts such as this.

Johnny Sack, of course

Surprise, Surprise! - Minnesota Twins Talk - Twins Daily

Edited by yoladu
  • Like 6

Look, people, it's the same old problem.  If these black guys would just obey the lawful commands issued by . . . . [checks video] . . . armed rednecks in pickup trucks, they'd still be alive today.  It was his choice, and his fault - that's what you get.

Amirite?

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Look, people, it's the same old problem.  If these black guys would just obey the lawful commands issued by . . . . [checks video] . . . armed rednecks in pickup trucks, they'd still be alive today.  It was his choice, and his fault - that's what you get.

Amirite?

“Just do what you’re told!!”

10 hours ago, Grandioso said:

2019: Karen calling the cops on a suspected robber

2020: Cletuses (Cleti?) cosplaying crooked cops and murdering the suspected robber

I was out jogging about an hour and a half ago, and a whole covid of Karens must have called the cops, because first I was passed by 3 cop cars going full-bore, then saw a helicopter, so started heading home.  On the way home, saw a cop getting out of his vehicle with his rifle, asked what was up, he said go home and stay inside.  

No idea what the hell happened, but saw more cops heading to that area on the way home.   None of them paid any attention to me.

Shit, I forgot where I was going with this, but yeah, the cops completely ignored me.

49 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Amirite?

The main problem is these people choosing to be black. Stop doing that.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Helobious said:

The 2 shooters have just been arrested.

If they didn’t ask their buddy to tail them and film it all they would’ve never, ever, ever gotten in any trouble for this. Pretty amazing to think about how stupid some people are. 

Yea, they would have gotten away with it had their buddy not videoed the whole thing.  My guess is he thought it would be used to help justify them doing a citizen’s arrest. Fortunately they were stupid enough to let that video get out given how things went down.   

From the NYTimes article

The prosecutor who wrote the letter, George E. Barnhill, the district attorney for Georgia’s Waycross Judicial Circuit, recused himself from the case this month, after Mr. Arbery’s family complained that he had a conflict of interest. A prosecutor from another county is now in charge and will determine whether the case should be presented to a grand jury.

Mr. Barnhill also wrote that he did not believe there was evidence of a crime, noting that Gregory McMichael and his son had been legally carrying their weapons under Georgia law. And because Mr. Arbery was a “burglary suspect,” the pursuers, who had “solid firsthand probable cause,” were justified in chasing him under the state’s citizen’s arrest law.

In a separate document, Mr. Barnhill stated that video exists of Mr. Arbery “burglarizing a home immediately preceding the chase and confrontation.” In the letter to the police, he cites a separate video of the shooting filmed by a third pursuer.

SIAP but is this guy telling the truth? 

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

I was out jogging about an hour and a half ago, and a whole covid of Karens must have called the cops, because first I was passed by 3 cop cars going full-bore, then saw a helicopter, so started heading home.  On the way home, saw a cop getting out of his vehicle with his rifle, asked what was up, he said go home and stay inside.  

No idea what the hell happened, but saw more cops heading to that area on the way home.   None of them paid any attention to me.

Shit, I forgot where I was going with this, but yeah, the cops completely ignored me.

I think it was a domestic shooting.  Coworker who lives northish was talking about it.

8 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

You fuckers love to twist things to fit your narrative. The point of the original post was to point out the hyperbole in LeBron’s statement “We’re literally hunted EVERYDAY/EVERYTIME we step foot outside the comfort of our homes!

Go back to texags.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, HRSchenker said:

From the NYTimes article

SIAP but is this guy telling the truth? 

Given that his obvious bias has come to light and the fact that the kid has nothing on him in the video, I'm going to go with no, or at the very least, grossly mischaracterized/exaggerated.

And honestly, does it matter? It wouldn't make what happened an ounce more defensible.

Edited by gmr548

27 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Better to be hassled because of profiling and letting them unfairly detain you, and alive, than dead. I truly believe if he’d stopped and spoken with them, he’d be alive. Would that have been fair to him?  Of course not. Would it happen to me?  Likely never. Does not stopping, and fighting for your life, mean they don’t have 100% culpability?  No, the son should spend the rest of his life in prison and dad serious prison time too. But I think he’d be alive, and that’s more important than fighting an injustice. 

I’m actually with you on this point. His mistake was not trusting these complete strangers that just shot him point blank in the chest with a shotgun for no reason. It wasn’t clear if they meant him any harm at that point, he should’ve taken a deep breath and just tried to start a dialogue with these guys. They’d only shot him unprovoked once at that point, what were the odds they would do it again? Not saying it’s his fault, but it’s difficult to understand why he chose to fight for his life instead of give himself entirely to their mercy.

• Like 8

Glad the GBI went with the obvious charges here. Murder should have been charged upon watching the damn video the  last two months. I understand them also wanting someone outside that county etc to do it though as one of the accused is a former cop and shit. 

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

If they didn’t ask their buddy to tail them and film it all they would’ve never, ever, ever gotten in any trouble for this. Pretty amazing to think about how stupid some people are. 

That, or if he was still an active duty LEO.

4 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I’m actually with you on this point. His mistake was not trusting these complete strangers that just shot him point blank in the chest with a shotgun for no reason. It wasn’t clear if they meant him any harm at that point, he should’ve taken a deep breath and just tried to start a dialogue with these guys. They’d only shot him unprovoked once at that point, what were the odds they would do it again? Not saying it’s his fault, but it’s difficult to understand why he chose to fight for his life instead of give himself entirely to their mercy.

Stop resisting!

I can say I do some jogging (getting a bike soon) and also listen to music on headphones. Because I’m a female/slight build I’m hyper aware of cars passing and slowing down. If some regular citizen jumped out of their vehicle and tried to detain me,if I can’t get away I’m fighting like a mofo to get away. I could give a fuck what they wanted. I highly doubt that it’s because they thought I was a thief or whatever. 

I feel so awful for that poor guy’s family. 

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

think about how fuck up that is.

Edited by yoladu
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I’ve been hammered in this thread and somewhat rightfully so as I commented after watching the video only once and spouted off. I was wrong and was treated appropriately. Anyway, I think everything you say is correct. I never was attempting to make a legal position. I posted the Glynn Co DA’s letter because it was so blatant (wants to make a point in the media) and stupid (what attorney cannot write a fucking letter?) and makes me wonder what the fuck kind of person makes up your average small town / area DA. 

My point is not whether these guys are justified. I truthfully never thought that. I asked if the guy was stealing and the question was genuine.  While I knew his shoplifting in HS and mental records referenced in the DA letter were likely mudslinging, I didn’t know what the facts/accusations were. Two things here, I have shoplifting and mental records from high school, and even if he was stealing from these guys / this neighborhood, cutting him off armed isn’t justified in any normal sense. Regardless of GA law, it’s looking for trouble and not in any spirit of a citizen’s arrest. 

My use of “uppity negro”, also in quotes when originally used, was because I think these guys baited him. They wanted him to fight back so they could shoot him. I didn’t use that language because that’s how I feel about his actions. That’s why I used quotes.

Lastly, regardless that this was 100% their fault/doing, what I bolded is the entire reason I posted two days ago and am posting this reply that might get further negged by the mob, but whatever (I’ve apologized and giving one last explanation here).  I don’t like to see murder. And I don’t care how “right” Arbery was, and how wrong they were. He’s dead. Better to be hassled because of profiling and letting them unfairly detain you, and alive, than dead. I truly believe if he’d stopped and spoken with them, he’d be alive. Would that have been fair to him?  Of course not. Would it happen to me?  Likely never. Does not stopping, and fighting for your life, mean they don’t have 100% culpability?  No, the son should spend the rest of his life in prison and dad serious prison time too. But I think he’d be alive, and that’s more important than fighting an injustice. 

I’m sorry I clearly offended. 

Don't care for the penultimate graf, but rep and respect for owning up for your earlier remarks.

Maybe, as you contend, Arbery would be alive if he had dropped to the ground and begged for his life, but the situation is so completely surreal that it's unfair to judge. Imagine if you're out for a Sunday jog and suddenly around a curve there's a truck with three dudes armed with shotguns who are yelling at you to halt. Three cops drawing down on you in that situation would be bewildering enough, but three rednecks?

What if Arbery had turned and run the other way? Preponderance of evidence suggests this "posse" likely would've shot him in the back. There's also no telling what the folks in the trailing vehicle would've done.

Instead, he tried to run around the truck, but then got shot at (hard to tell conclusively from the video, but this seems the most likely scenario). In that situation, charging the shooter seems reasonable because your back is going to make a much easier target for him and his buddies.

Worse, even if he had wrestled the shotgun away from Redneck No.1, there's no doubt Nos.2 and 3 would've gunned him down the moment there was any separation.

So, yeah, maybe he should've fallen prone and yelled, "Massuh, massuh, doan hurt meh, pleez!" the moment he saw the roadblock, but why should someone minding his own business have to publicly debase himself to a trio of strangers simply for taking a Sunday jog?

Even then, it seems quite likely that these trigger-happy idiots would've found some justification for shooting him, which means this Arbery guy was fucked no matter what he did.

• Like 8

Guest Lobo

I saw tonight on CNN that arrests were made.  I just hope we can all come together and do what we can to get Rex Kramer the collared shirts he deserves.  He's obviously hurting.  I only hope he can spin this into something positive.  It's gotta be weird.  

1 hour ago, Celery Man said:

I think it was a domestic shooting.  Coworker who lives northish was talking about it.

If by domestic, you mean a botched robbery and multiple bad guys being chased into backyards and carports and arrested...just kidding, I just found out about it on the news.  Should have looked earlier.   Checked Nextdoor and twitter, and its full of photos of Austin cops running through backyards with their rifles and dogs.  Even some photos/videos of folks being arrested.

https://www.kxan.com/news/local/austin/one-person-was-rushed-to-the-hospital-after-police-responded-to-a-shoot-stab-call-on-burnet-road/

1 hour ago, EuroHorn said:

Yea, they would have gotten away with it had their buddy not videoed the whole thing.  My guess is he thought it would be used to help justify them doing a citizen’s arrest. Fortunately they were stupid enough to let that video get out given how things went down.   

And when shit went wrong, he may have had enough self-awareness to release it so that he doesn't get pulled in.

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

And when shit went wrong, he may have had enough self-awareness to release it so that he doesn't get pulled in.

Yep that defense attorney that released it and wouldn't say where he got it is his attorney.

What's a little bit bizarre is that Barnhill, the Grand Dragon DA, is not Cletus' home DA.  He was the second DA to consider charges.  The home DA recused.  It's not like the Cletii could be sure that Barnhill would ever get the case.

8 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

NSIAP, Georgia Attorney General.  Somebody has decided the locals won't put these guys away, so the state is going after them.

From what I have seen, the Atlantic District DA has taken the case.  Like Texas, I think most states' AG's have pretty limited criminal prosecution authority.

The offense occurred in Glynn County, GA, which is within the Brunswick District.  That DA recused immediately because Cletus Sr was an investigator in her office.

Then Ware County, just south of the Brunswick District, took the case and Barnhill showed his ass prior to recusing because his son works in Brunswick District as an ADA (probably not formally recusable, actually).

Then Atlantic, north of Brunswick District, took the case and sought the assistance of the GBI, and together they issued arrest warrants, finding probable cause that a crime had been committed.

Edited by TwiceHorn