Ex Cop and son kill unarmed black man jogging

purplepride95

9 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Eh, that itself doesn't trouble me.  He was a DA investigator for her office, the Brunswick District DA.  She immediately recused for precisely this reason.  Everything there is 100% kosher.  U Pareve.

What is more troubling is that the DA that took up the case appears so biased.  But he's off it, too.

It took a while, but the wheels of justice appear to be turning as they should.

What happens next, either by the grand jury or by trial may be disturbing, though.

Did you see this? It's being reported she blocked the police from arresting them for months. 

Two Glynn County commissioners say District Attorney Jackie Johnson’s office refused to allow the Glynn County Police Department to make arrests immediately after the Feb. 23 shooting death of Ahmaud Arbery. 

“The police at the scene went to her, saying they were ready to arrest both of them. These were the police at the scene who had done the investigation,” Commissioner Allen Booker, who has spoken with Glynn County police, told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. “She shut them down to protect her friend McMichael.”

Greg McMichael, now retired, once worked as an investigator in Johnson’s office. 

Commissioner Peter Murphy, who also said he spoke directly to Glynn County police about the incident, said officers at the scene concluded they had probable cause to make arrests and contacted Johnson’s office to inform the prosecutor of their decision. 

“They were told not to make the arrest,” Murphy said.

Johnson recused herself from the case within days of the shooting. Her office has not responded to a request to comment on the commissioners’ account of what happened, or on the case in general.

Edited by Bruh Man
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Bruh Man said:

Did you see this? It's being reported she blocked the police from arresting them for months. 

Johnson recused herself from the case within days of the shooting.

That's all I had seen.

It appears, then, that perhaps Barnhill's shitass letter was designed to prevent Glynn County police from making an arrest, rather than to absolve them for failing to do so.

Edited by TwiceHorn

Just now, TwiceHorn said:

Like Deej said, prosecutors like this unfortunately are more the norm than the exception.  It's a problem, just like the cops.

And we the people vote them into office.  We have control over this.

How often are DAs former ADAs or prosecutors, and how often are they former defense attorneys?

3 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

How often are DAs former ADAs or prosecutors, and how often are they former defense attorneys?

Kind of depends.  Almost all of them have DA experience.  Some left and became defense lawyers or judges.  Defense lawyers getting elected can be dicey.  Because the American people are fearful cunts.

Dallas County DA Judge John Creuzot has more than three decades of experience in the criminal justice system, including more than 21 years as a felony district court judge, first appointed by Democratic Governor Ann Richards in 1992. His background also includes seven years of service as a Dallas County Assistant District Attorney and Chief Felony Prosecutor, and private practice as a criminal defense lawyer.

Harris County DA.

Travis County DA. Christ, she's old.

Creuzot is the most progressive DA in Texas.  He basically invented the drug diversion court.

Edited by TwiceHorn

Odd

https://www.ajc.com/news/local/brunswick-attorney-released-the-video-arbery-shooting/JkpbvTuJt9wfl3tkcLTTvO/

Greg McMichael, who provided gun cover for his son as he fought and eventually shot a young black jogger, may have known the victim long before their encounter in a subdivision just south of Brunswick, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution has learned. 

In his letter of recusal to Georgia Attorney General Chris Carr, Waycross Judicial Circuit District Attorney George Barnhill wrote that his son, a prosecutor in the Brunswick DA’s office, and McMichael, then an investigator in that same office, “both helped with the previous prosecution of (Ahmaud) Arbery.”

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Odd indeed.  It seems somewhat unlikely that Cletus would recognize him from a distance or from the alleged "burglary video."

If they did recognize him and pursue him based on "criminal history," I don't think that changes much, except that it may make the racial angle a bit more peripheral.  In other words, it changes the dynamic some from "hey, there's a nagger loose in the neighborhood, grab your gun let's go roust him" to "hey, there's a known nagger criminal loose in the neighborhood  . . . "

San Antonio DA is a former defense attorney and a progressive guy in terms of criminal justice reform.
  • Like 1

Guest Lobo
22 minutes ago, Deej said:

They all look like Kenny Rogers.

And his 300# strapping black cellmate gonna sing to him as he's forcing Cletus to gargle his balls, "Lady.  You're my Knight in shining armor and I love you." 

These two should burn.  Citizens arrest my ass.

In Georgia 1) you have to have direct knowledge that a crime was committed and 2) that crime had to be a felony for a citizens arrest to occur.  Even if he did (and I don't believe he did) commit a theft from a house under construction that crime would be a misdemeanor.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Lobo said:

And his 300# strapping black cellmate gonna sing to him as he's forcing Cletus to gargle his balls, "Lady.  You're my Knight in shining armor and I love you." 

Jesus Christ. can you give the rape fantasy you have a break?

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

To be fair I don't think that's enough to say it's the same person. Old white dudes kind of all look the same.

Yeah. I have no problem believing he was there, but if that’s all the evidence there is, that doesn’t prove anything. 

Guest Lobo

Nope, you can just choose not to read the posts.  These men are going to suffer in perpetuity.  And we are going to laugh the whole time.  

Sorry, we gotta keep this apolitical.  So you're just gonna have to sit back and read it.  Fuck you if you can't take it.  That there are sides on a murder like this blows my fucking mind.  

Rape is the least of their worries at this point.  These two men---Blatant fans following in the footsteps of certain people are openly hunting black people and I make a couple of casual comments about how I hope they get raped---and you get all wrapped up in drama?  Really?  That's your big concern today?  Fuck off you piece of shit.  Just throw your cards down on the table and tell us what you really are instead of hiding behind your false gods.  Jesus fucking Christ, be a fucking man and admit your shit.  Pick your fucking battles man, you fucking coward. 

Edited by Lobo

Guest Lobo
3 minutes ago, Deej said:

Yeah, but you do seem to be a bit obsessed about the rape part. Your browser history must put NowThis' to shame. 

Because racist murderers with hats  deserve to be fucking in the ass, and then the mouth, but black men.  My only regret is that it's not gonna happen to more people.    Considering the rampant racism on this thread,  I guess i should apologize  for all the politics.  It's a fucking disgrace some of you are associated with our school.  

Edited by Lobo

I've seen a lot of shit in my life.  Watching that video is very difficult - but if you can for a minute, run it back...imagine the victim a young white man out for a jog...then picture the two murderers as black dudes ambushing him.  They line up the same story about break ins around the neighborhood etc.  How many minutes would it take the DA to charge them?  What are the odds they are let off within a couple hours like cletus and cletus jr?  1/10000000?  Maybe worse than that?  Quite possibly 0%?  Mind boggling. 

Then imagine hopping on this thread...reading through a couple pages - and the first thing you post about is why LeBron is being a SJW on this particular murder?  I mean, unless you're a dyed in the wool racist, can any of you imagine doing that?  Genuinely curious. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Because racist murderers with hats  deserve to be fucking in the ass, and then the mouth, but black men.  My only regret is that it's not gonna happen to more people.    Considering the rampant racism on this thread,  I guess i should apologize  for all the politics.  It's a fucking disgrace some of you are associated with our school.  

Your only regret is more people won't be raped? What the fuck is wrong with you?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, VABuckeye said:

These two should burn.  Citizens arrest my ass.

In Georgia 1) you have to have direct knowledge that a crime was committed and 2) that crime had to be a felony for a citizens arrest to occur.  Even if he did (and I don't believe he did) commit a theft from a house under construction that crime would be a misdemeanor.

Inaccurate, we've been through this.  You can make a citizens arrest for a felony based on probable cause or something resembling it.  See above.

Texas, however, only permits citizens arrest based on witnessing the crime.  Thankfully.

Guest Lobo

Yeah, more racists should be raped.  simply maths.  I love that the Dad gets to die knowing his son's rape is his fault.  Then the son kills himself in prison.  There's an inspiration for the both of them that is the cause of their suffering but we're not gonna talk about that.  We're just gonna laugh at what happens to them next.  It's gonna be fucking awesome.