Getting into an iPhone/iPad without the passcode

22 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

In your name? 

Yep. I used to support them at a company and dipshits would always log into their personal itunes account on the company phone. If they left and we didnt have the passcode i had to submit a request to apple with the company's POP to get it unlocked. 

Takes about 6 weeks.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

Yep. I used to support them at a company and dipshits would always log into their personal itunes account on the company phone. If they left and we didnt have the passcode i had to submit a request to apple with the company's POP to get it unlocked. 

Takes about 6 weeks.

Is the itunes password a different deal than the 4-digit code to unlock the homescreen?  What I need is to bypass the 4-digit code.  I have her laptop, and was able to get into it, and itunes is not installed on it.  Unfortunately, she appears to do most of her computing on her apple devices.  I have read elsewhere that if you can synch up to itunes and do a restore from the last backup that will allow you to reset the 4-digit code, but that’s not an option here.

12 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Is the itunes password a different deal than the 4-digit code to unlock the homescreen?  What I need is to bypass the 4-digit code.  I have her laptop, and was able to get into it, and itunes is not installed on it.  Unfortunately, she appears to do most of her computing on her apple devices.  I have read elsewhere that if you can synch up to itunes and do a restore from the last backup that will allow you to reset the 4-digit code, but that’s not an option here.

If she tethered that phone to itunes then yes.. its locked down af.

If not.. apple might send an unlock command to the phone if you send them Bill Gates' severed penis.

Have you been to one of the pretensious  apple stores yet? Those cunts may have other options but i doubt it.

Edited by MissingInAction
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MissingInAction said:

If she tethered that phone to itunes then yes.. its locked down af.

If not.. apple might send an unlock command to the phone if you send them Bill Gates' severed penis.

Have you been to one of the pretensious  apple stores yet? Those cunts may have other options but i doubt it.

those cunts are closed

5 minutes ago, Apep said:

Maybe. But maybe she was thinking no one would guess that she’d still use that or even her ex’s birthday?

Doubtful.  Without going into a lot of details, her concern for data security, on a scale of 1-10 was probably a 1.  I was a little surprised when her birthday didn’t work.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, conVINCEd said:

Doubtful.  Without going into a lot of details, her concern for data security, on a scale of 1-10 was probably a 1.  I was a little surprised when her birthday didn’t work.

Month / year or month / day or day / month or year / month all tried?

& @MissingInAction, is there a max # before the phone is PermaLocked?

<----------- Samsung user.

If she was older, she likely has all her passwords written down somewhere or a file with them.  Or she only uses one or two.  Is there someone she might have given passwords, financial info, etc. to?  Everyone older should do this.  Actually anyone can die unexpectedly anytime, so everyone should have some back up person/place.

25 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

Do you have her iTunes login? If you can get on her computer, then the password may be saved.  Once you have it, you should be able to plug in the iPad to the laptop running iTunes and then reset it without erasing data.

Nope.  iTunes wasn’t installed on the computer.  After striking out 8 times on the iPad, I’m switching to the iPhone so I can start with a blank slate of 10 attempts.  Picking it up this evening.

1 hour ago, Jkwellborn said:

They wouldn’t. Not that they couldn’t.

Well the whole argument was that they couldn't. That there was no back door and place so they could not get in. 

Even if you want to argue they could build a backdoor int he future, they could not get in that phone. 

2 hours ago, kevwun said:

MIA is right.  Apple will do it if you have proof of purchase.  A copy of the order email will suffice.  It is a pain in the ass and takes weeks though like he said.

I think they can only reset your AppleID or turn off find my iPhone. Not give you or reset your actual passcode. 

That could be.  In our case, we had someone at work who tried to setup a new phone.  They created a pass code and signed up with a new apple id that they used a personal email account with.  Then they gave up when they realized they couldn't activate the sim card.  So instead of letting me know, they forgot about the phone for a year.  In that time, they forgot the pass code they used and the email address they created the apple id with went dormant and was deleted by yahoo.  Even after I reset the phone, it still wanted me to sign in with that old apple id when I tried setting it up again.  We had no way to reset the password because the email account was gone.  That's when I had to go through the process MIA mentioned where they wiped out that old apple id for me so I could set it up from scratch.

Edited by kevwun

4 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

Once it gives you the , "You must wait an hour" message, the next attempt will wipe it.

I currently sit at the fifteen minutes warning.  Was supposed to get the phone tonight but that didn’t happen.  Gonna get it at some point tomorrow.

33 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

How old/what are the models in question? Meaning, if they are old enough that exploits exist to bypass the numeric code, you may be in luck.

Don’t know on the iPad as I am not as familiar with telling the differences on the different models, but it has no fingerprint sensor. Phone is probably a 6.

17 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Without knowing what town you are in, and if you know anyone in law enforcement; most decent sized police departments have forensic gear that can break into older iOS devices.  Just an idea.

dude, he just wants to open a locked iphone, not get shot. why do you hate him????