2020 Haunted House Meta Threas

Marfa Low Crown

Recently relocated to the family estate home to assist with a large and ongoing remodel project. The house is fucking haunted. 
It's been haunted for as long as anyone can remember and it's a topic of open conversation in the family. Everyone has at least
one creepy story to tell about an experience they've had and even some of the workers we've hired have had stuff happen. 

It's a large two story house with 6 bedrooms but the unanimous contention is that most of the ju ju is upstairs.

Just some of what goes on around here...

Being woken up in the middle of the night because someone sat on the bed with you - turn lights on, no one there.
Being woken up in the middle of the night because someone has blown on you - turn lights on, no one there.
A feeling of panic and inability to breathe in one room especially
Animals unwilling to go upstairs
A guest who did stay up there completely alone with their pet cat reported the cat wouldn't sleep and growled at the closet the entire night
Feelings of unease, being followed, being watched 
Unexplained noises 
Guests in separate rooms have reported having unsettling and nearly identical dreams

... and it goes on.

Now, the best part is the room everyone agrees is the most haunted in the whole house yeah...that's the one that's about to become mine.

Haunted houses whatcha got? 

We may be done with the past.  But the past ain't done with us.  

My advice---

1.  take the cats upstairs and shoot them in plain sight of the ghosts.  

2.  Sell the house and keep your fucking mouth shut at closing.

3.  You better fucking believe shit like this is real.  There are planes beyond planes and levels beyond levels.  The only reason we settled on this one was 80% of us felt okay here.

37 minutes ago, Parliament said:

I've read there are specific low-frequency sounds that you can't hear, but mess with your head.  Certain places that are "haunted" are associated with those sounds.  The wind blows the house just right, seismic activity, etc.

Also, some houses are built on Indian burial grounds. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, miguelito said:

Also, some houses are built on Indian burial grounds. 

And sometimes, they relocate cemeteries, but only move the headstones and leave the graves in place.  Then build houses on top of them.

Edited by shakahorn
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

poltergeist_1.png

The house I grew up in felt like it was haunted, strange noises, weird glows appearing on walls that were impossible to explain,  our steps to the basement were off the kitchen and sometimes we would hear what sounded like something falling down the stairs but open the door and see nothing there, pets were upstairs with us.  House has been on the market several times since we left late 70s. 

14 hours ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

I used to have weird feelings in my gut as a child when going Into houses I hadn't been before.  

It went away, but had the same feeling a few years ago looking in a house that had been vacant for a year or so.

My son said "hi" to a blank wall whe he was like a year old. 

That's all I got. 

THE-SHINING-title-small.jpg

My wife works with some of the folks at the Driskill, which has a reputation for being haunted.  As they were walking around, talking about places of particular haunting, she took some pictures.  An image of a little girl showed up on one of her pictures (nobody saw anything until after the pic was taken).  Freaked everyone the hell out.  I'll see if I can find it.

Aunt’s house in Sinton had weird occurrences. She was a creepy doll collector and had an antique doll house. The furniture would occasionally be rearranged. One time their dog was barking at a bedroom door. The door was locked from the inside. When my uncle got the door open, he found the dog’s collar laying on the floor in the bedroom. When my aunt was alone one weekend, she woke up and a bench had been moved to block the top of the stairs. She had polo when young and used crutches and a stair glider so she had to call the housekeeper to come move it. My personal experience is that I always felt like I was being watched when over there and alone in a room. Turns out the original owners who built the house at the turn of the century had a couple of daughters that died in the house.

• Like 1

When my dad’s young cousin died of Typhus 100 years ago during the Holiday season on a farm out in the Missouri sticks,  later that night the family heard people singing Christmas carols right outside the window. They went outside to investigate and found no one, not even footprints in the snow.

Years ago, back in HS days we were in New Bern NC visiting the national battlefield park. The original farm house had been there during the last major engagement of the Civil War. We had free run to walk around, and explore. I remember walking in to a back room, dining room probably, and getting a really creepy chill, and hair on the back of my neck raising feeling as I walked thru.  

After we'd all gathered back together outside, one of my buds said he'd walked thru the dining room, and felt really creepy, and wanted to get out of the room.  We had a park service ranger with us, and we asked about the history of the house. That was when he told us about it being used as the union field hospital. The dining room was the operating room. He pulled out a picture of the outside the house next to the dining room. There was a pile of arms and legs stacked up under the window, as they cut they just tossed the limbs out the window. Genuinely creepy feeling walking thru that room, never felt anything like that since.

Edited by Onboard 2.0

When I see old homes, the first thoughts that come in my mind are I wonder how many people have died in that house, I bet it's haunted, and how fucking evil is that spirit which haunts the place.

We moved into a year old house. It was previously owned by a lady who had passed away from breast cancer, may she rest in peace. For about 6 months, my daughter was certain that the house was haunted, particularly the front guest room and her bedroom (closet door opening by itself, dresser drawer was opened overnight while she slept) and our new puppy dog would bark at her bedroom closet door and in the guest bedroom.

Sounds corny but I kept talking and thinking positive thoughts of love to the lady and about the sadness of her passing and that we were honored to live in her house. Since then the dog stopped barking at thin air, there have been no reports or complaints from the daughter about the house being haunted or stuff happening in her room.

1 minute ago, crash_davis said:

When I see old homes, the first thoughts that come in my mind are I wonder how many people have died in that house, I bet it's haunted, and how fucking evil is that spirit which haunts the place.

We moved into a year old house. It was previously owned by a lady who had passed away from breast cancer, may she rest in peace. For about 6 months, my daughter was certain that the house was haunted, particularly the front guest room and her bedroom (closet door opening by itself, dresser drawer was opened overnight while she slept) and our new puppy dog would bark at her bedroom closet door and in the guest bedroom.

Sounds corny but I kept talking and thinking positive thoughts of love to the lady and about the sadness of her passing and that we were honored to live in her house. Since then the dog stopped barking at thin air, there have been no reports or complaints from the daughter about the house being haunted or stuff happening in her room.

Are you waking up in the middle of the night getting ghostly BJ's yet ?

8 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

Aunt’s house in Sinton had weird occurrences. She was a creepy doll collector and had an antique doll house. The furniture would occasionally be rearranged. One time their dog was barking at a bedroom door. The door was locked from the inside. When my uncle got the door open, he found the dog’s collar laying on the floor in the bedroom. When my aunt was alone one weekend, she woke up and a bench had been moved to block the top of the stairs. She had polo when young and used crutches and a stair glider so she had to call the housekeeper to come move it. My personal experience is that I always felt like I was being watched when over there and alone in a room. Turns out the original owners who built the house at the turn of the century had a couple of daughters that died in the house.

Did the ghosts soar high? ... Like an eagle?

• Like 1

There was a guy named Bacone Gap on TOS who had several stories.  Either ghosts liked him or he was making it up.  

BTW, I heard that the produces of Poltergiest used real skeletons in that pool scene.  They just admitted it a few weeks ago.

Fright Nights in the N.B.A.

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/20/sports/basketball/hotel-leaves-oklahoma-city-thunder-opponents-telling-ghost-stories.html

OKLAHOMA CITY — The roster of the Oklahoma City Thunder has championship-caliber talent, but the team’s playoff hopes may rest — though not in peace — with one bit player who remains largely unseen.

She is an apparitional sixth man, of sorts, who may or may not exist at all, in this world or any other. But Effie the housekeeper has been known to play wicked defense and haunt Thunder opponents, most of whom stay at the 103-year-old Skirvin Hilton Hotel.

Large men unafraid of attacking the lane, diving headfirst into the seats or lobbing pressure-packed shots shudder at the mere thought of Effie. More important, perhaps, they lie awake the night before a game, their prescribed rest undone by phantom pains.

Is it any wonder that the Thunder had the league’s second-best home record?

In the past few seasons, the Knicks blamed creaks and groans for a sleepless night before a loss. A Bulls player could not explain why his bathroom door slammed shut. A member of the Phoenix Suns woke to find his bathtub filled with water.

The house I grew up in was built by my father. My brother moved back to it a few years ago to take care of my mother when she was diagnosed with cancer. He wound up getting into a relationship with a woman in our hometown and he had his first child last year. His girlfriend apparently feels my dad's presence there from what I gather. I really do not know what to make of that, at all. I will say that the house and surrounding land always had an odd feel to it.

Guest Lobo

It's like one dead relative once told me in a friendly way, "There are signs all around  you, to help you on your way."  

On 5/1/2020 at 10:12 AM, CooterBrown said:

Fugggg... 😳

Guest Lobo

after all these years, how is it possible that we never get to see what they see during those video cut-shots?  I mean, Halloween as we know it is probably not happening this year...can't they just show us the thing they see without our site get trouble for posting it?  

3 hours ago, Lobo said:

after all these years, how is it possible that we never get to see what they see during those video cut-shots?  I mean, Halloween as we know it is probably not happening this year...can't they just show us the thing they see without our site get trouble for posting it?  

The place is in Buffalo and from what I was able to gather there is a part of the house where the front of a car comes crashing through the wall.  So, a big, heavy object about to run you over v. a skeleton sitting up in a coffin or whaterver.

Guest Lobo

Gotcha.  That's kinda lame.  I mean, I get it...it's scary.  The whole "We fucked up, we're a simple and poorly regulated haunted house, so here's an Cutlass Ciera running full speed into you."  It is scary, I'd clench up.  But the people in all those photos aren't taking cover or jumping out of the way, it just looks like they're watching the peeled remains of Herve Villechaize skull fuck an albino version of the dog from "The Fly II" that always has the face of your closest relative projected onto it by a digital apparatus we can't see.  And it's different for each person in your party, hence the equal look of terror all around.