2020 Haunted House Meta Threas

Marfa Low Crown

When I was a kid, we bought this really old house in Durango, and in the attic there was a trunk with a bunch of photos from the 1890s. One of 'em was a dead ringer for my older sister, which you would know is freaky if you'd ever met her -- my sister is one of the odder looking people you could ever meet. Think Carrot Top crossed with Tiny Tim.

Anyway, I don't believe in ghosts, but I'm pretty sure I've seen them anyway. Because why not.

My house was built in 1985, I remember that because that was the year Back to the Future took place. A few creepy things have happened since I have lived here, moved in in August 2011.

First, I wake up around the same time every morning, 3:26 AM. At first I thought it was a fluke but it continues to happen. I'll randomly wake up and look at the clock and it's 3:26. My father's best friend owns a diving company in Borneo and his wife grew up in a small village there. Like a tiny village with a bruja. I told her what was going on and she said that possibly something happened in this house at that time, and that's why I keep waking up. A murder, who knows.

Second, a few years ago my father gave me one of these tiny flashlights for Christmas. One that you click on and click off at the base of the flashlight. When I got home from my Christmas visit (Tennessee), I placed the flashlight on the kitchen counter and went to bed. Around 3 in the morning I rolled over and heard a click and saw a flash with my eyes closed...a flash of light in my eyes, right next to my bed.. I thought someone was in the room. I got up and got some water..the flashlight was still on the counter.