Council of Dads (NBC)

Goo Punch

Really, really bad. Just terrible, and trite, and overtly PC, and just a bunch of sappy, feel-good diversity in place of any sort of original concepts or writing. It'll probably last 9 seasons and win 16 Emmy's. Ugh. Shows like this being popular is what keeps the smart, original shows from being able to exist on network TV. 

White dude Dad with a Spanish or Italian wife, an Asian daughter, a black daughter, and a "white" kid who could easily be Spanish or something else. The black girl is that ubiquitous brand of black girl who always shows up in commercials and on network TV: you can tell that she's "black", although she's clearly mixed, with that classic, non-threatening mocha skin tone that the execs and audiences apparently love. Same with the only other black dude on the show, some cornball brother who makes Drake look like Lysol. and guess what happens between these two characters in episode one? they meet, and immediately fall in love while hip-hop dancing with one another. 

I am going to watch this show for 2-3 episodes and just hate the ever living shit out of it. At that point i'll probably lose interest, but man, so far i am sadistically loving how fucking awful this piece of shit show is. 

Edited by Goo Punch