Moody Center

cdain3

26 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:
Congratulations to our winning submissions throughout the

Court Design contest: Trey Jackson, Carter Bailey, Christopher Ainley and Sam LaBelle! With our head coaches’ input, elements from each of their submissions were combined to generate the final court design 

Lol so they didn’t use a submission. They used beard’s design and then found submissions that had some element that was the same and called them the winners. 

Well, we were never going to Boaty McBoatface the fucking bball floor.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Hey guess what- mixed reviews in the Twitter comments!

Is it really that surprising most people want more than bologna on their sandwhich or don't just wear khakis and a polo everyday?  I like it, but its bland.  

1 hour ago, rantanamo said:

Is it really that surprising most people want more than bologna on their sandwhich or don't just wear khakis and a polo everyday?  I like it, but its bland.  

Is it really that surprising that most people don’t want their steak served with ketchup, or salt from some guy’s forearm?

46 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

Can’t say I’m surprised we went the boring AF route. All I could imagine is some 3rd generation old af Longhorn guy saying “we’re Texas, we don’t need no fancy smancy court stuff”. Whatever, guess we’re gonna live off the logo

I was hoping for this but Texas instead of MECCA and horns coming off the FT line elbow.  would have been sick.

Replica of Robert Indiana floor will be used for "Return to MECCA"

• Like 2

19 hours ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

Can’t say I’m surprised we went the boring AF route. All I could imagine is some 3rd generation old af Longhorn guy saying “we’re Texas, we don’t need no fancy smancy court stuff”. Whatever, guess we’re gonna live off the logo

You are an idiot.

Probably want the football team to wear orange pants too.......

1 hour ago, Steamboat1874 said:

You are an idiot.

Probably want the football team to wear orange pants too.......

The big wig traditionalists are never gonna give a fuck about basketball as much as football. If there was ever a time to be creative and not be boring af it’s now.

I’m not saying we have to go full Oregon court but holy fuck, do we have to go with the most bland vanilla shit possible 

Some people like houses like this.  Critics think it is boring with all the straight lines and minimal style.

30 Stunning Modern Houses - Best Photos of Modern Exteriors

Other people like houses like this.  And their critics think it is fussy and archaic.

A Complete Guide to Victorian Home Styles, Features & Plans

Different strokes for different folks.  I personally love the floor and think it fits the stadium perfectly.

I like the court design.  Simple with a prominent Longhorn logo at center court, colors look good and it is not overly busy.  Everyone knows the Longhorn logo means Texas so I am not a fan of a state of Texas map underneath it = redundant.   

Burnt orange lines probably easier to spot.  The problem is they add clutter and would cut the Longhorn logo in half at midcourt.  Maybe white lines also intentional = advantage home team because we'll be used to finding a less prominent white three point line? 

• Hook 'Em 2

I think it would be cool if they found a way to put longhorn symbols in the 3-point line or lane, but VERY light and in such a minimal way that you couldn't see it unless you were on the court playing.  I think as a player I would think that was cool.  Something like this...

image.thumb.png.97d5460770f74564e7d6e021e99abea4.png

On 5/3/2022 at 12:36 PM, A’Dam Psycho said:

Well, bygod yes.
We don’t need to play in a cartoon setting., just like real Texans don’t put beans in their chili.

Are any of y’all going to the open houses to check out actual seats prior to selection day? I don’t live in Austin now but kept my tix, gonna send my seatmate’s son down there for some recon tomorrow….

I’m going tomorrow morning. Curious to see what it looks like vs. concert setup. I’m hoping to upgrade my seats this year but got a 6/3 time slot, which doesn’t sound promising.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk