Moody Center

cdain3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So we're all agreed then...first basketball game in 2022, when the crowd gets quiet...we start slowly chanting. "Moody........Moody.......Moody.......Moody"  (to the tune of "Rudy).

there will be many, many events.  Fantastic events.  Tremendous, even.  

But yeah, we'll be hosting top-5 Gonzaga in November of 2022.  That will be fucking epic.

Some concerts before then.  And of course, monster truck pulls.  

3 hours ago, Underdog said:

Anyone know who the first opponent for UT at FEC was?  Might be interesting to invite them as MC opponent. 

I like your style.  But yeah, as Pancho stated we won’t be playing Oklahoma to open play 40 years later.  As cool as that would be.  
however, the alternative being discussed is actually much cooler.  A local non-Conf midweek opponent to start out and then first weekend of college hoops, we will host Gonzaga in the loudest basketball game in the history of the state of Texas 

That fucking 2012 loss to them was so fucking embarrassing.  I still can't believe we didn't finish dead last in that tournament after a double-digit loss to Chaminade.  Then went on to score 50 points in like a triple-OT game with USC.  How the fuck you only score 50 points in an hour-and-a-half game? But somehow we salvaged a win and took 7th place instead of dead last.  That was the start of the unraveling of the Barnes era.  

It also led to a horrible decision to invent the drink, "The Chaminade."  A combination of CHAMpagne, jack daniel's marINADE, and my tears. 

Anywhoodles...really looking forward to concerts there.  Austin suddenly has a wide selection of indoor venues that actually have good sound/concert vibe.  

I love that someone included the second sentence.

In the 2012 invitational, Chaminade defeated the Texas Longhorns in the opening round by a score of 86–73. It was the second career loss to Chaminade for Texas coach Rick Barnes, who previously lost in 1991 as the coach of the Providence Friars.

On 9/7/2021 at 8:08 AM, Lobo said:

there will be many, many events.  Fantastic events.  Tremendous, even.  

But yeah, we'll be hosting top-5 Gonzaga in November of 2022.  That will be fucking epic.

Some concerts before then.  And of course, monster truck pulls.  

....and an Erwin Center favorite:

spacer.png

Welk, "Remember ladies and gentlemen.....you can take the sisters out of the Finger Lakes but you can't take your Finger Lakes out of the sisters.  Unless it's dribbling a basketball.  I mean, uh....Good Night Austin!" 

1 hour ago, MAUFRAIS said:

they should sell off all those framed concert/event pictures from around the concourses.  dibs on bonnie raitt!

I can already tell if I'm drunk enough, I'm gonna try to steal one of those on the way out of a basketball game this Winter.  Dammit, why you gotta put that evil in my head Ricky Bobby?!? 

Maybe this is covered above. If so, apologies.

How will season tickets work in the new arena?  Will existing season ticket holders (at the Erwin Center) get a chance to pick their new seats according to some process that has already been communicated?  I assume they will use the new stadium to extract more money out of season ticket holders in some fashion.

Moody Center's grand opening will continue to April 29 with a George Strait / Willie Nelson concert. There are a few shows before this one, but that's a heck of a show.

https://www.statesman.com/story/entertainment/music/2021/10/11/george-strait-willie-nelson-moody-center-opening-center-ut-austin-concerts/6088606001/

On 10/5/2021 at 3:28 PM, HookEm said:

Maybe this is covered above. If so, apologies.

How will season tickets work in the new arena?  Will existing season ticket holders (at the Erwin Center) get a chance to pick their new seats according to some process that has already been communicated?  I assume they will use the new stadium to extract more money out of season ticket holders in some fashion.

They haven't said anything other than current season ticket holders will have priority.  Priority to fork over a lot of cash, I'm guessing.

I've heard that some major suite and high value ticket holders have started to have meetings with some of the higher ups.

On 10/18/2021 at 2:08 PM, LonghornSean said:

They haven't said anything other than current season ticket holders will have priority.  Priority to fork over a lot of cash, I'm guessing.

I've heard that some major suite and high value ticket holders have started to have meetings with some of the higher ups.

I spoke to the LHF last week and was told the same. They are currently holding meetings with those donors interested in capital contributions of $100K + for Moody. 

No Way Abandon Thread GIF

• Haha 1

I love the Screaming Bevo logo but not in combo with the standard logo.  I wouldn't mind it featured at center court as an occasional alternative, but I don't using both logos at the same time. 

The Austin skyline is not iconic enough to be used in any capacity. 

And who is the dumbass that used saguaro cacti?  Using cacti at all is bad, but if you are going to do it, at least stick to something that is abundant in our state and common to Austin.  

I know there are submissions, but of the four in that link, I prefer the bottom left.