Dynasty fantasy football League?

GRHorn

I already play in a few leagues and thought I’d gauge the interest in starting a surly based league. 

If you haven’t played before, the basic premise and scoring is the same as standard (redraft) fantasy football, but you keep your entire roster year to year.  The league would start with a startup draft this summer where you draft your entire team up to whatever roster limit we set. You play the season and every year after the NFL draft there’s a rookie draft where teams pick the incoming rookies. It’s like nfl draft in that worst team gets 1st pick etc. 

There’s more strategy and trading throughout the year because teams can trade rookie picks to get veterans if they’re in win now mode or sell off players to rebuild etc. It’s a lot more fun and engaging in that way, since it’s more like your own team year to year. 

I know there may be an abbreviated season or not much of a season at all, but the team would be yours indefinitely regardless and having a startup draft this summer would be something fun to look forward to. 

Respond here or dm me if interested. If we get to 12 interested I’ll start talking about specifics of setting it up. 

Man, I’d really like to commit to this because I think one of my leagues might be folding (and I don’t like doing more than 3), but it hasn’t officially happened yet. I know that doesn’t mean much to y’all right now, but just putting that out there because I might be interested.

Just curious. What scoring format (ppr, half ppr, standard), how many bench spots, FAAB or waiver wire, and is there anything else that would make it something other than a standard league (ie 3 wrs instead of 2, superflex, IDP, etc)?

30 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Man, I’d really like to commit to this because I think one of my leagues might be folding (and I don’t like doing more than 3), but it hasn’t officially happened yet. I know that doesn’t mean much to y’all right now, but just putting that out there because I might be interested.

Just curious. What scoring format (ppr, half ppr, standard), how many bench spots, FAAB or waiver wire, and is there anything else that would make it something other than a standard league (ie 3 wrs instead of 2, superflex, IDP, etc)?

Like I said, all open to discussion, but I would definitely say ppr and would be fine with Superflex as well. For those that don’t know that means you can start 2 QBs. It’s kind of the new thing. Makes the QBs way more Valuable, like real life football. 

Humblebrag here.

Our draft this year will be year 40 of our dynasty league.  We travel every year for the draft.  One time in 40 years, one owner attended by phone bc his parents' 50th wedding anniversary party was the same weekend.  Every other year, every owner has made it to the draft.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

So far 5 definite yes. One maybe. And one humblebrag with unknown level of interest. Getting closer. Hopefully we can fill up and do a startup this summer. 

On 5/13/2020 at 8:40 PM, Coach pop a bitch said:

None of my buddies want a dynasty league so I'm interested what's the buy in? 

I don’t care. Let’s get to a confirmed 12 teams and then we’ll see what number everyone is comfortable with. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Ok. Looks like we have 12. Please respond here or DM ASAP if you confirm you’re in. 

Myself, @TheFlyingBoat @joeycovers @youdunnf'dup @Coach pop a bitch @Nicole44 @smwhorn @Stung @Bone3421 @ztejas @elguapo @KingBobo81

I think we can set the buyin at $50 unless y’all wanna go higher. 

Ive never been commissioner for a league but I play in 4 other dynasty leagues so I think I could set it up fairly quickly. Will use myfantasyleague to host the league and probably leaguesafe to hold the funds and approved payouts. I’ll have to look tonight and tomorrow morning at getting that all ready. Will pull some league bylaws etc. The toughest part about getting ready will be having draft done. No way we’ll be done by week 1 but we can still have season minus one week and it means less since we’re drafting for a dynasty team vs a team for one year. Draft would be online obviously with something like a 4 hour clock to make each pick. You get a notification on your phone and email when you’re on the clock. It usually moves fairly quickly. 

On 8/5/2020 at 11:31 PM, Bone3421 said:

I would say you cant do superflex dynasty
It will lead to a shortage of QB's as there are only 32 QB's and if its 12 man league your looking at 4 teams that wont be able to have a back up 3rd option

That is actually a lot of the fun of superflex. Puts premium on the position and it’s treated more like the real teams do, unlike standard fantasy where QB is afterthought. For clarification, you don’t have to start 2QBs if you don’t want to, or can’t. There’s just the option. 

Just now, GRHorn said:

Ok. Looks like we have 12. Please respond here or DM ASAP if you confirm you’re in. 

Myself, @TheFlyingBoat @joeycovers @youdunnf'dup @Coach pop a bitch @Nicole44 @smwhorn @Stung @Bone3421 @ztejas @elguapo @KingBobo81

I think we can set the buyin at $50 unless y’all wanna go higher. 

Ive never been commissioner for a league but I play in 4 other dynasty leagues so I think I could set it up fairly quickly. Will use myfantasyleague to host the league and probably leaguesafe to hold the funds and approved payouts. I’ll have to look tonight and tomorrow morning at getting that all ready. Will pull some league bylaws etc. The toughest part about getting ready will be having draft done. No way we’ll be done by week 1 but we can still have season minus one week and it means less since we’re drafting for a dynasty team vs a team for one year. Draft would be online obviously with something like a 4 hour clock to make each pick. You get a notification on your phone and email when you’re on the clock. It usually moves fairly quickly. 

That is actually a lot of the fun of superflex. Puts premium on the position and it’s treated more like the real teams do, unlike standard fantasy where QB is afterthought. For clarification, you don’t have to start 2QBs if you don’t want to, or can’t. There’s just the option. 

GRHorn.  Sorry, young man.  Not in.  I only posted on the thread to humblebrag that our league just had it's 40th annual draft.  1981 was the first year.  Good luck to all.  Sounds like a fun league.

1 minute ago, smwhorn said:

GRHorn.  Sorry, young man.  Not in.  I only posted on the thread to humblebrag that our league just had it's 40th annual draft.  1981 was the first year.  Good luck to all.  Sounds like a fun league.

Ok. Well if anyone else wants to join the league. One last spot available. 

37 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Damn i forgot about this league. My bad for not giving y’all an update earlier, but I’m out. Already in 3 leagues and if I add another I probably wouldn’t pay attention to this one as much as I’d like to.

Ok. Two spots available. If we find people within the first week or so of season I’m still down with starting it up. We’ll see 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 10/5/2020 at 1:33 PM, closetohumping said:

How did I miss this?  In for next year?

I'd be willing to set up to do it next year. We could do a startup draft at any time in the offseason really, although a lot of times people wait until after NFL draft so you know really draft pedigree and landing spots.

I guess from this post forward, post here in you're interested in joining a new league this offseason.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...