Great . . . another threat to human existence from Asia

Carl Spackler

As if the kung flu wasn't enough . . . now we've got big, nasty Asian hornets invading our shores. 

It's actually a pretty serious problem, because these suckers decimate European bee colonies, and bees are essential to human survival.  So . . . yeah, we might want to wipe out the latest Asian invaders.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/tracking-the-asian-giant-murder-hornet-as-it-reaches-north-america/ar-BB13va3Q?ocid=msedgdhp

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

They sacrificed hundreds, just to draw us out in the open. And then they came, and they came. We drained four of our phasers, and they still came. We killed thousands ...

Actually, this is incredibly relevant.  Bees that are used to those hornets, they can take out the scouts by basically covering the scout in red shirt bees, and increasing his body temperature until he dies.  But sacrifices have to be made.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Like 3

Honey Bee

how-to-treat-bee-stings-dtek-live-bee-re

I've seen Texas Giant Hornets (Cicada Killers) at several of our state parks.  My first time seeing one left me in awe.  They appear large compared to flowers and other insects. Here's a pic...

cicadakillers.jpg

Now here's a pic of the asian invasion...

b84d94655b947b3f9a3d19b80d74e72e.jpg

Edited by RollLeft
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, staboner said:

holy fuck im out. goddamn didn't need to see that. maybe thats a small asian lady's hand fuck me. or some photoshop or some shit 

Seriously. What the fuck is happening. I hated the fucking wasps that lived on Guam when I lived there. Those fuckers were really aggressive which always made mowing lawns adventures in if you would be attacked or not. These fuckers are not of this earth. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RollLeft said:

Honey Bee

I've seen Texas Giant Hornets (Cicada Killers) at several of our state parks.  My first time seeing one left me in awe.  They appear large compared to flowers and other insects. Here's a pic...

cicadakillers.jpg

Son of a bitch. 

On 5/2/2020 at 9:33 PM, atomheartbevo said:

Actually, this is incredibly relevant.  Bees that are used to those hornets, they can take out the scouts by basically covering the scout in red shirt bees, and increasing his body temperature until he dies.  But sacrifices have to be made.

bees are pretty clever little fuckers. 

Edited by futureman
*jap bees
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, RollLeft said:

Honey Bee

cicadakillers.jpg

Thanks for the nightmares 

1 hour ago, BurntEyes said:

Oh snap!! Have some rep. I used to have one of those way back when.

Tamiya started re-releasing those Hornets about 10-15 years ago, along with a lot of their other 80s RC cars.    You can buy a brand new circa-1980s designed Hornet for cheaper than when they originally came out.

• Like 1

With queens that can grow to two inches long, Asian giant hornets can use mandibles shaped like spiked shark fins to wipe out a honeybee hive in a matter of hours, decapitating the bees and flying away with the thoraxes to feed their young. For larger targets, the hornet’s potent venom and stinger — long enough to puncture a beekeeping suit — make for an excruciating combination that victims have likened to hot metal driving into their skin.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/02/us/asian-giant-hornet-washington.html?campaign_id=9&emc=edit_nn_20200504&instance_id=18202&nl=the-morning&regi_id=126775420&segment_id=26556&te=1&user_id=ef676bb5d96b21e35fc214ee034066fa

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

I used to love taking out yellowjacket nests with a can of WD-40 and a lighter, as a homemade flamethrower.

I'm gonna need a bigger can of WD-40.

The propane torch I use to start my BBQ pit would be ideal.  

2 hours ago, Left Coast said:

With queens that can grow to two inches long, Asian giant hornets can use mandibles shaped like spiked shark fins to wipe out a honeybee hive in a matter of hours, decapitating the bees and flying away with the thoraxes to feed their young. For larger targets, the hornet’s potent venom and stinger — long enough to puncture a beekeeping suit — make for an excruciating combination that victims have likened to hot metal driving into their skin.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/02/us/asian-giant-hornet-washington.html?campaign_id=9&emc=edit_nn_20200504&instance_id=18202&nl=the-morning&regi_id=126775420&segment_id=26556&te=1&user_id=ef676bb5d96b21e35fc214ee034066fa

Somebody elses wife was telling me this the other day and all I could think about was there was no way in hell she even knew what thorax meant.

Guest Lobo
On 5/2/2020 at 5:58 PM, Prepuce of Doom said:

Found the bug racist, guys. 

It's okay, some of his best friends are Wasps.  

The really fun part was reading the detailed description of how they don't just kill bees, they rip their heads off.  I don't know what's more enjoyable---China exporting the Covid-19 virus or that they're purposely sending these things in shipping containers to West Coast ports.  Nice time to fuck with our food supply given all that bees do between Vancouver and the Central Valley.  

11 minutes ago, Thujone said:

Problem with the bees here in the US is that they are European and don't know how to defend themselves like these Japanese honeybees. So we are probably fucked.

how long will it take for our patriot bees to evolve?

• Haha 1