Outdoor projector?

Damor

Anyone have any experience or recommendations on a reasonably priced outdoor projector?  I'd like to be able to set something up for the kids to watch movies in the evening and stuff (think Alamo-style Jaws showing in the pool).  I've looked around at places like AVSforum, but it's easy to go down the rabbit hole there and I don't want to drop $3000 on something that a kid is going to trip over and knock into the pool. 

I have a 120" portable screen I picked up years ago on Woot (and hasn't come out of the box), and I was planning to plug a Chromecast into it for a source.  I have a bluetooth boombox I could hook up as long it has an AUX out for adequate sound.

So far, I'd been led to the Optoma 142X and 143X, which look like they would fit the bill and the budget.  Then I also found the Dashbon Flix, which is intriguing as it's more like an all-in-one portable unit that would be easy to set up and move around, possibly worth the extra cost.  Any experience or thoughts?

• Like 1