Non-Texas Recruiting 2022

texifornia

https://www.heralddemocrat.com/story/sports/2021/02/21/denison-running-back-jadarian-price-commits-notre-dame/4521287001/?fbclid=IwAR1kXU_UZZzL55FTCtSFvZeYtCmOJ3A6eyHRZJI0tYJ5AdwArETDNt1P5gs

I blame his middle school art teacher.  He was her favorite student ever, in a lifetime of middle school kids.  Once Blue committed to the good guys, I knew this was going to happen. Great kid, and I wish him the best.  

Edited by bmbmd
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

https://www.heralddemocrat.com/story/sports/2021/02/21/denison-running-back-jadarian-price-commits-notre-dame/4521287001/?fbclid=IwAR1kXU_UZZzL55FTCtSFvZeYtCmOJ3A6eyHRZJI0tYJ5AdwArETDNt1P5gs

I blame his middle school art teacher.  He was her favorite student ever, in a lifetime of middle school kids.  Once Blue committed to the good guys, I knew this was going to happen. Great kid, and I wish him the best.  

In the article

“I was planning on waiting until the summer but I knew I was not the only one being recruited by all these schools so there is only so many chances and spots at a full ride scholarship at any university,” Price said. “The circumstances I am facing with COVID and the release of the dead period to where I can’t take the official college visits as easy as I’d like have forced me to come to an early decision.”

giphy.gif
  • Hook 'Em 1

Yeah I think that's what's happening here. Dude hasn't even been re-offered.

No I get it. He’s a really fast kid that would fit on defense. It’s unfortunate that he’s being pursued by a place like ND as a rb because he’s a potential late cycle flip from, say rapelor as an ath or something. He was pressured and will take his visits, so I doubt he sticks. To your point, I didn’t think about the total class and where luxury takes go, and they’re not going to lb most likely.

3 hours ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

In the article

“I was planning on waiting until the summer but I knew I was not the only one being recruited by all these schools so there is only so many chances and spots at a full ride scholarship at any university,” Price said. “The circumstances I am facing with COVID and the release of the dead period to where I can’t take the official college visits as easy as I’d like have forced me to come to an early decision.”

giphy.gif

I would be shocked if he sticks. Texas kid this early in the process? I have seen this play out many times before.

Good athlete and a good get for wherever he plays ball for. 

spacer.png

2 hours ago, nd2003 said:

I would be shocked if he sticks. Texas kid this early in the process? I have seen this play out many times before.

Good athlete and a good get for wherever he plays ball for. 

c915ef0933ab71e84cd83c2cae88965f.gif (480×270) (pinimg.com)

Edited by notre dame joe

Big time recruits out there every time theres a mini O&G boom that extends for a few years. Of course this may come to an end soon with our current governments war on fossil fuels.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

13 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Ty Simpson just got a Bama' CB.  Klubnik to Clemson?

Via Hank South (Bama mod with the CB) ::

This is more of a calculated guess at this point in time. I don't think Simpson is telling many people, if any, where he's going to announce for on Friday. But it appears to me there's enough positive buzz talking to some around the UA side that it warrants a Tide prediction. I'm not at all discounting Clemson or even Tennessee as the potential landing spots, but I'm making my pick formal for Alabama ahead of Friday. 

Fong on Simpson- 

"In the last three weeks, I've heard Clemson with the edge. He's still talking to Nick Saban and Bill O'Brien. Did a heat check over the weekend and still liked where Clemson stood. He had one more big Zoom scheduled with O'Brien, who Ty said is like getting a PhD in football when talking with him.

"Even though I like where Clemson stood going into this week, I'm still not ruling out Alabama or Tennessee. We'll see where things stand on Friday and if Alabama or Tennessee can turn that momentum away from Clemson."

Clemson's backup plan appears to be Klubnik. I'm guessing Bama's is Tanner Bailey? 

So when is Bama going to make their move in Texas this cycle? Doesn't seem like they lead for anyone right now but that has to change.

Likely recovering from losing their TX recruiters in Banks and Scott but they added Valai and Graham who are likely getting rolling now.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Tex-19 said:

So when is Bama going to make their move in Texas this cycle? Doesn't seem like they lead for anyone right now but that has to change.

Likely recovering from losing their TX recruiters in Banks and Scott but they added Valai and Graham who are likely getting rolling now.

Keep Valai away from Denver

21 hours ago, Fud said:

Fong on Simpson- 

"In the last three weeks, I've heard Clemson with the edge. He's still talking to Nick Saban and Bill O'Brien. Did a heat check over the weekend and still liked where Clemson stood. He had one more big Zoom scheduled with O'Brien, who Ty said is like getting a PhD in football when talking with him.

"Even though I like where Clemson stood going into this week, I'm still not ruling out Alabama or Tennessee. We'll see where things stand on Friday and if Alabama or Tennessee can turn that momentum away from Clemson."

Clemson's backup plan appears to be Klubnik. I'm guessing Bama's is Tanner Bailey? 

Nahlin said it's looking like Bama for Simpson and Clemson will probably move quickly on Klubnik which would then leave Florida looking for their qb take. 

I wonder if there is any chance that Florida would try to circle back on Weigman if that happens. They offered but it seems like they were prioritizing Klubnik.

5 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

Nahlin said it's looking like Bama for Simpson and Clemson will probably move quickly on Klubnik which would then leave Florida looking for their qb take. 

I wonder if there is any chance that Florida would try to circle back on Weigman if that happens. They offered but it seems like they were prioritizing Klubnik.

Last I looked, Simpson hadn't informed either staff of his decision