Non-Texas Recruiting 2022

Life of a mid-4 star recruit is wild. Klub sitting around waiting on Simpson to make a decision hoping it’s Bama so he can get the offer and commit to Clemson to be their clear second choice.

Florida sitting there hoping Simpson goes to Clemson so Klubnik has to settle for them. 

Edited by UncleSonny

3 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

Life of a mid-4 star recruit is wild. Klub sitting around waiting on Simpson to make a decision hoping it’s Bama so he can get the offer and commit to Clemson to be their clear second choice.

Florida sitting there hoping Simpson goes to Clemson so Klubnik has to settle for them. 

I think Mack would've beat Mullen in the end to get him but now we'll never know. 

Man Klubnik really does like Clemson. Amazing how fast that is progressing post-Simpson

Kind of wish Simpson picked Clemson though. Bama now has a little more ammo to come after Coleman, Stewart (they'll keep coming after him), etc. Plus Klubnik was a great backup option if MM ever bails

1 minute ago, Tex-19 said:

Man Klubnik really does like Clemson. Amazing how fast that is progressing post-Simpson

Kind of wish Simpson picked Clemson though. Bama now has a little more ammo to come after Coleman, Stewart (they'll keep coming after him), etc. Plus Klubnik was a great backup option if MM ever bails

Simpson's awesome, but he's underrated (below Weigman by some rankings!) and I'm not sure how much pull he has in Texas beyond whatever other QB Bama might have taken.

On 2/26/2021 at 4:54 PM, Tex-19 said:

Maybe Sark should have reached out to Weigman in January 

3 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Why are you angst-posting about Weigman in two different threads all of a sudden?

Because Klubnik is looking iffy , Ewers flipping is unlikely and Weigman is better than them anyway IMO. 

The other thread was questioning his desire to play football which is way off 

22 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Because Klubnik is looking iffy , Ewers flipping is unlikely and Weigman is better than them anyway IMO. 

The other thread was questioning his desire to play football which is way off 

You are aware we do have a QB committed, correct?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

On 2/26/2021 at 11:55 AM, texifornia said:

Man, they take big swings on their evals for a P5: https://www.hudl.com/profile/14937414/Cedric-Roberts

I will admit that I have no idea how to evaluate players or anything but to my very untrained eye, that looks like a really big, fast kid who's some good development and coaching away from being really, really good. 

12 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Yeah, but I'd rather see him play something besides 7 on 7 before I get too excited 

Well he's Sark's guy unless Ewers feels flippy (and even then you take both if you possibly can), so ain't much use posting about Klub or Weigman like they're guys we want to take.

Hell, Weigman never even got an offer from Sark.

Edited by texifornia

4 hours ago, Sock Monkey said:

I know KU has Les Miles, but it's beyond me how any historically awful team gets anyone to commit in any situation outside of being a signing day fall-back option.

He's locked into getting school paid for. If a more attractive option presents itself, he switches.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 3/1/2021 at 7:57 PM, texifornia said:

Well he's Sark's guy unless Ewers feels flippy (and even then you take both if you possibly can), so ain't much use posting about Klub or Weigman like they're guys we want to take.  Hell, Weigman never even got an offer from Sark.

Weigman being dual threat QB probably not a good fit for SARK's offense.

What do y'all think about Josh Hoover??

https://247sports.com/Player/Josh-Hoover-46093827/

Just now, LTtxfan said:

Weigman being dual threat QB probably not a good fit for SARK's offense.

What do y'all think about Josh Hoover??

https://247sports.com/Player/Josh-Hoover-46093827/

We already have a QB in the class.

It’s pretty obvious Sark picked Murphy over Weigman, Klubnick, and Hoover.  Ewers is probably the only guy they’d still take with Murphy in the fold. Hoover will likely get good enough offers that he wouldn’t be willing to be a second QB take. 

6 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

We already have a QB in the class.

It’s pretty obvious Sark picked Murphy over Weigman, Klubnick, and Hoover.  Ewers is probably the only guy they’d still take with Murphy in the fold. Hoover will likely get good enough offers that he wouldn’t be willing to be a second QB take. 

Didn't realize until just now that we have a Bridgeland formerly Cy Ranch honk who will be doing battle with Westlake honks all season about whether Klubnik or Weigman is dreamier. That won't get old fast or anything.

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Fat Pat and Gundy both in danger, this could be interesting:

that sound you hear is all the pressure being applied to Jeff Traylor's shoulders to put it all together this season and give himself the platform/resume to take the next step. 

• Hook 'Em 3

On 3/3/2021 at 10:21 PM, George Clooney said:

Wiltfong put in a pick for Drew Allar to PSU. It'd suck for Rutgers if Franklin actually has a good QB up there, but thankfully their OL/DL recruiting has faded. Losing Sean Spencer last offseason really damaged their DL recruiting/development.

Committed to PSU. Sorry George. 

fuck James Franklin. 

• Like 1