Non-Texas Recruiting 2022

texifornia

2 minutes ago, George Clooney said:

II thought he'd end up at UNC since Dre Bly can get any player from the 757 he desires. Sometimes I forget how good Mike Reed and Mickey Conn are at recruiting and proper development.

Batson is also a huge bonus in a lot of these recruitments. 

• Like 1

Oregon adding a corner DC to support staff. 

Jimmy Brumbaugh, who most recently served as the co-defensive coordinator and defensive line coach at Tennessee before being let go a few weeks into the 2020 season, is joining the Oregon staff, according to a report this afternoon.

41 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Oregon adding a corner DC to support staff. 

Jimmy Brumbaugh, who most recently served as the co-defensive coordinator and defensive line coach at Tennessee before being let go a few weeks into the 2020 season, is joining the Oregon staff, according to a report this afternoon.

This is the guy who was rumored to be fired by Pruitt in the middle of the Tennessee/Kentucky game last season

TCU's Gary Patterson says June was the hardest recruiting month he's endured in career

ByJEREMY CLARK Jul 16, 12:31 PM

Earlier this week, TCU head coach Gary Patterson and two of his players, Max Duggan and Ochaun Mathis made their way to Big 12 Media Days. With Patterson, you couldn’t tell that he was coming off one of the most stressful months in his career when it comes to recruiting.

For nearly a year and a half, colleges were not permitted to have any in-person visits whether on campus or at a prospect’s school due to COVID-19 restrictions. That ended on June 1 as the NCAA ended the recruiting dead period and allowed the return for colleges to host potential prospects.

For TCU, they immediately went to work.

Patterson stated that over the course of June that 150 prospects made their way to campus. The weeks to follow were grueling for Patterson and his staff and the coach admitted it was the most challenging month he’s ever had in his coaching career when it came to recruiting and evaluating.

“We went seven days a week from the first of June until the 27th of June,” he said. “It was the hardest seven days for my coaches. That’s why I gave them a week off at the end of May and they just came back after two weeks after June. In 40 years it was the hardest month.”

The term “sight unseen” comes to mind when describing what not only TCU but other programs had to endure during the extended recruiting dead period. For a program that values their own evaluations over star rankings and what other programs do, June became especially important for the Frogs.

“I’m not watching other camps; I’ve made a living out of taking guys that I’ve judged at my own camps and when other people said they weren’t any good,” he said. “I’ve been doing that a long time.”

“December is the hardest month because you have bowl practices, recruiting and official visits coming in but that’s at the end of the season. You’ve already done all of it. You already know about the recruits, you’ve met them and had them there in the spring. All of it,” he said. “This June, we hadn’t seen any of these guys so basically you’re coming in and working them out.”

Patterson noted there were some challenges early on. Working out kids on days that weren’t designated as camp days forced extra required paperwork for those recruits that couldn’t make it to camps which ultimately led to some players not being allowed to work out for insurance reasons.

“It was sad early; there were travel groups that didn’t have physical forms that traveled from Ohio, California and I couldn’t let them workout with us because they didn’t have the proper paperwork,” he said.

Patterson joked about the challenges he and his fellow coaches had to suffer through this cycle with the restrictions. He likened recruiting to getting married, but in a different way.

“Recruiting this year was this; think about dating your wife. If you met your wife on Zoom, dated your wife on Zoom, asked her to marry you on Zoom, got married on Zoom and as soon as you got married then we can live together. Think about how that would work out,” Patterson said. “That’s what recruiting was this year. You had kids sign in February, they were here in June and we didn’t see them for a year.”

Despite the challenges, TCU's 2021 class ended up being one of the best in the Patterson era. In total, the Frogs signed five four-star players to the class and although the class was small in numbers due to limited scholarships the average player rating was good enough for third in the Big 12. Two of those four-stars were originally from the 2020 class including D.J. Rogers and Quincy Brown. The Frogs just recently added another player to the 2021 class as well with 2022 four-star D'Arco Perkins-McAllister re-classifying to the 2021 class. The safety recently arrived on campus on Monday.

“Recruiting this year was this; think about dating your wife. If you met your wife on Zoom, dated your wife on Zoom, asked her to marry you on Zoom, got married on Zoom and as soon as you got married then we can live together. Think about how that would work out,” Patterson said. 

Probably pretty good for you, sweaty fatass.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 7/17/2021 at 2:35 PM, George Clooney said:

What are your thoughts on their receiver recruiting? It seems like they've loaded up with good but not great prospects from '21 through this class.

It's definitely something to keep an eye on in the 22 and 23 classes. I'd say the last elite class was 2019 with Ladson and Ngata. 

2020 - EJ Williams was a good eval and he's going to be a stud. Ajou is a project that will likely not pan out. 

2021 - Collins and Collins both appear to be depth fillers. Stellato is a wild card, could be really good. Will Taylor is allegedly an insane athlete, but jag until proven otherwise. 

The loss of Jeff Scott is most apparent in WR recruiting, which is interesting because from all reports Tyler Grisham is significantly better than Scott from a coaching perspective. We'll see, if Clemson lands Randall, Greene, and Williams, I think a lot of Clemson fans will let out a sigh of relief. Not sure any of those three or anyone from 21 or even 20 is a Higgins or Ross, but it will at least be a step back in the right direction. 

• Hook 'Em 2

19 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

The loss of Jeff Scott is most apparent in WR recruiting, which is interesting because from all reports Tyler Grisham is significantly better than Scott from a coaching perspective.

Doing it and selling it are often very different animals, for sure and Scott was outstanding on the trail for Clemson. I like Decari Collins a lot, honestly. I think when you look at Collins, Collins, and Randall that they had a defined physical type that they wanted/needed to fill on the roster. Those guys look like they are pressed out of the same mold, while Williams and Thompson bring a completely different build/style and speed. 

26 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Not sure any of those three or anyone from 21 or even 20 is a Higgins or Ross, but it will at least be a step back in the right direction. 

TSRH. 

• Hook 'Em 2

43 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

It's definitely something to keep an eye on in the 22 and 23 classes. I'd say the last elite class was 2019 with Ladson and Ngata. 

2020 - EJ Williams was a good eval and he's going to be a stud. Ajou is a project that will likely not pan out. 

2021 - Collins and Collins both appear to be depth fillers. Stellato is a wild card, could be really good. Will Taylor is allegedly an insane athlete, but jag until proven otherwise. 

The loss of Jeff Scott is most apparent in WR recruiting, which is interesting because from all reports Tyler Grisham is significantly better than Scott from a coaching perspective. We'll see, if Clemson lands Randall, Greene, and Williams, I think a lot of Clemson fans will let out a sigh of relief. Not sure any of those three or anyone from 21 or even 20 is a Higgins or Ross, but it will at least be a step back in the right direction. 

Who are the top 2-3 for Greene at this point? It's a great thing for Clemson that he seems to be saving on OV for them in the fall

23 hours ago, golfclap said:

Doing it and selling it are often very different animals, for sure and Scott was outstanding on the trail for Clemson. I like Decari Collins a lot, honestly. I think when you look at Collins, Collins, and Randall that they had a defined physical type that they wanted/needed to fill on the roster. Those guys look like they are pressed out of the same mold, while Williams and Thompson bring a completely different build/style and speed. 

TSRH. 

Yeah Dacari could surprise. The WR recruiting is just bizarre. For awhile Thompson was the only offer out, while Clemson fell behind with Greene and Williams. 

22 hours ago, George Clooney said:

Who are the top 2-3 for Greene at this point? It's a great thing for Clemson that he seems to be saving on OV for them in the fall

Greene is looking like a Clemson, Georgia, and UNC battle. 

42 minutes ago, Fud said:

No OU? 

Drumm had an update a week or so that was pretty brutal on Greene, sounds like they got Mack'd.  (*Edit - found it). 

A week or so ago, I reported that 2022 four-star WR Andre Greene would be likely to take a visit back to Norman on July 31st. Well, that visit and the Sooners' chances with Greene have slipped up quite a bit in the last week or so.

Now, that doesn't mean that there never will be a visit down the road or that OU has completely moved on, but I can tell you that sources that were once pretty confident in Oklahoma's chances with Greene have now started to feel like OU may need to look in another direction when it comes to getting a third WR in the 2022 class. A source with knowledge told me recently, "It just seems like Greene and his family are looking for something a bit closer to home as a fit," the source said about Greene's recruitment and the Sooners. "It looks like he will be at UNC and Clemson during the time he was originally looking at visiting Oklahoma."

• Hook 'Em 1

48 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

The WR recruiting is just bizarre. For awhile Thompson was the only offer out, while Clemson fell behind with Greene and Williams. 

I think Clemson is moving slower as a whole, in terms of offers and legitimate pursuit. I don't know if it's evals being slowed by c19 or if it's simply not wanting to fill up too quickly. It seems like once they've decided that they move swiftly. It seems like the DB recruiting paints the picture (to me) first you had Pride and Covil once they were in the boat and the class floor was set the focus went to the big fish in Everette and Sabb. 

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

Baylor continues to have thoughts about ethical behavior

E65vWT0WYAY1tDU?format=jpg&name=small

Hahaha when has “all the talk” ever been about Big 12 members being in the same page and staying together. People have been speculating about how the Big 12 would break up for over ten years now.

28 minutes ago, golfclap said:

I think Clemson is moving slower as a whole, in terms of offers and legitimate pursuit. I don't know if it's evals being slowed by c19 or if it's simply not wanting to fill up too quickly. It seems like once they've decided that they move swiftly. It seems like the DB recruiting paints the picture (to me) first you had Pride and Covil once they were in the boat and the class floor was set the focus went to the big fish in Everette and Sabb. 

Seems like an odd strategy for a school that doesn't do much in the portal by principle. 

4 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

Hahaha when has “all the talk” ever been about Big 12 members being in the same page and staying together. People have been speculating about how the Big 12 would break up for over ten years now.

hqdefault.jpg

• Haha 1