Non-Texas Recruiting 2022

Michigan fans have been happy with Linguist as they have been crediting him for landing some high ranking DBs recently.  It will be interesting to see if those DBs bounce now.

They have the 5* from Michigan and they’ve been in the conversation for guys like Jackson and Anderson. They’ll likely retain the committed corner, but they won’t pull in the ‘22 guys and those are not guys going to Buffalo. So this works out well on Anderson.

10 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

They have the 5* from Michigan and they been in the conversation for guys like Jackson and Anderson. They’ll likely retain the committed corner, but they won’t pull in the ‘22 guys and those are not guys going to Buffalo. So this works out well on Anderson.

Seeing Anderson decked out in Texas gear today is also a great sign. Not that it has much to do with Linguist directly but still.

14 hours ago, Mason Ramsey said:

Seeing Anderson decked out in Texas gear today is also a great sign. Not that it has much to do with Linguist directly but still.

Does it help any with Cheeks?

2 minutes ago, Machinator said:

(CJ Vogel) 2023 Out of State 5-Star DE Has Sights Set on June Visit

Reveal hidden contents

I traded messages yesterday with recent Texas offer 2023 Jayden Wayne of Tacoma, Washington.

Wayne told me he had been in communication with the old staff and was rather familiar with Texas. And while the new staff just offered earlier this week, there didn’t appear to be too much of a drop off in interest.

In fact, Wayne told me he hopes to visit Austin sometime this June. The weekend of June 25-27 is the one Wayne believes to be the target on the calendar for Wayne, though he is waiting to confirm 100%.

Being a native of Washington, Wayne told me he is more than familiar with defensive coordinator Pete Kwiatkowski and has been in contact with him dating back to his time with the Huskies.

Glitch in the system?

In recent cycles, we've seen the emergence of a Virginia Tech presence in Texas. They tend to target guys we might be keeping warm, and boom or bust 3* types. 

The guy responsible for this push, Beau Davidson, has been promoted to DoR. From Katy, he spent time at Howard Payne, UNT, Trinity Valley, Baytown Sterling, Clear Springs, and Deer Park. 

Not that VT is much of a threat for guys we prioritize, but they'll almost assuredly continue to work Houston.

2 minutes ago, George Clooney said:

Jaren Kanak out of Kansas is blowing up rn. He's 6'2" 210 and recently ran a laser-timed 10.37. Clemson hasn't offered but he'll probably commit to them soon after they do. K State was the first to offer him in July 2020.

https://247sports.com/Player/Jaren-Kanak-46102946/

Fong'd to Clemson without an offer from them.

10 hours ago, George Clooney said:

Jaren Kanak out of Kansas is blowing up rn. He's 6'2" 210 and recently ran a laser-timed 10.37. Clemson hasn't offered but he'll probably commit to them soon after they do. K State was the first to offer him in July 2020.

https://247sports.com/Player/Jaren-Kanak-46102946/

I'll be honest, I was mystified at that name's ethnicity. Apparently it means gold in Hindi, but the dude does not look at all like he's of South Asian extraction. Dug in further, turns out it's Czech! Dude should come down and experience Texas' kolaches.

• Hook 'Em 2