Hiphopopotamos

2021 NFL Draft

Matt Miller's Way Too Early 2021 NFL Draft Big Board:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2890048-matt-millers-way-too-early-2021-nfl-draft-big-board

8. Samuel Cosmi, OT, Texas

8 OF 25

9028f9d6da08534b71fcf6f9dd8f41e3_crop_exact.jpg?h=533&w=800&q=70&crop_x=center&crop_y=top
Roger Steinman/Associated Press

Left tackle Samuel Cosmi almost entered the 2020 NFL draft, and he would have been my No. 5-ranked offensive tackle if he had. Instead, he headed back to Texas to secure his spot as a high first-rounder while continuing to improve his game.

The 6'7", 310-pounder won't have the arm length or strength questions that kept former Texas left tackle Connor Williams from being a first-rounder or a projected NFL tackle. If he can stay healthy and play like he has for the last two seasons protecting Sam Ehlinger's blindside, Cosmi has the tools of an early first-rounder.

Posted (edited)

Gil Brandt says Ehlinger is a top 50 prospect among seniors, which is a pretty safe statement really.

Edited by Bevo14

Burrow wasn’t even top 50 at this time last year....

50 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

Gil Brandt says Ehlinger is a top 50 prospect among seniors, which is a pretty safe statement really.

Only problem with this is that Hunter Johnson was one of the worst QB's in college football last year.  He's a former 5 star with all of the physical tools - but his play last season was atrocious.  Gil must be doing a hell of a lot of projecting with that evaluation.

3 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Matt Miller's Way Too Early 2021 NFL Draft Big Board:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2890048-matt-millers-way-too-early-2021-nfl-draft-big-board

8. Samuel Cosmi, OT, Texas

8 OF 25

9028f9d6da08534b71fcf6f9dd8f41e3_crop_exact.jpg?h=533&w=800&q=70&crop_x=center&crop_y=top
Roger Steinman/Associated Press

Left tackle Samuel Cosmi almost entered the 2020 NFL draft, and he would have been my No. 5-ranked offensive tackle if he had. Instead, he headed back to Texas to secure his spot as a high first-rounder while continuing to improve his game.

The 6'7", 310-pounder won't have the arm length or strength questions that kept former Texas left tackle Connor Williams from being a first-rounder or a projected NFL tackle. If he can stay healthy and play like he has for the last two seasons protecting Sam Ehlinger's blindside, Cosmi has the tools of an early first-rounder.

Most projections have Cosmi going in the middle of the first round as the 2nd or 3rd OT taken. Sewell of Oregon is close to a lock as the top OT and #2 overall pick. He probably would’ve been the top OT taken if he came out this year. 

After that, Cosmi, Walker Little, and some others usually the next ones. Walker Little seems to be all pedigree as he hasn’t been able to stay healthy and hasn’t been all that impressive when he plays. Cosmi’s got a great shot at being the second OT take if he can have another good year on the field and be able to keep his weight above 300 for the combine while still putting up good numbers. 

Coulda sworn I heard some murmurs that Cosmi's arms were shorter than you'd like. Here's to me having a bad memory on this one.

I've seen a mock or two that also has Sterns going in the first round. I'm skeptical he'd test well enough to go that high.

27 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

Coulda sworn I heard some murmurs that Cosmi's arms were shorter than you'd like. Here's to me having a bad memory on this one.

I've seen a mock or two that also has Sterns going in the first round. I'm skeptical he'd test well enough to go that high.

A really good,  and healthy,  season could Sterns in the 1st round. 

Ossai is in the group that are potential first rounders.  It wouldn’t shock me if Green or Overshown blow up this year.  All 3 of those guys should have pretty good measurables.

21 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

This obviously isn’t correct, and should be boycotted.  I’ve been told Mond is a first rounder, and the best QB of the best league. Playing 4 years in the SEC is like 6 in the NFL, after all. 

Posted (edited)

I am hoping Kerstetter puts himself on the map as a Center. The OU kid is obviously top ranked there but I believe  Kerstetter could push into the top three with a good season.

Edited by pacman

3 hours ago, pacman said:

I believe  Kerstetter could push into the top three with a good season

optimistic

5 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

The first 8 or so picks aren’t bad, but after that, the mock falls off a cliff. I doubt that one is going to age well at all. 

On 5/6/2020 at 12:52 PM, fattyflattie said:

This obviously isn’t correct, and should be boycotted.  I’ve been told Mond is a first rounder, and the best QB of the best league. Playing 4 years in the SEC is like 6 in the NFL, after all. 

You just wait till Mond has a Joe Burrow type season like he's predicted. They won't be able to ignore him then.

On 7/2/2020 at 7:30 PM, LTtxfan said:

Fyi:  The 2021 NFL Draft dates are officially set. Next year's draft will take place in Cleveland, Ohio, from April 29-May 1.

39 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Never heard of that NDSU qb until now.

The BEST QB You’ve NEVER Heard Of 🔥🔥🔥 || NDSU QB Trey Lance Highlights ᴴᴰ

On 8/4/2020 at 3:47 PM, LTtxfan said:

The BEST QB You’ve NEVER Heard Of 🔥🔥🔥 || NDSU QB Trey Lance Highlights ᴴᴰ

Not sure Trey chooses to play elsewhere or prep for the draft??

Thx for this @Hiphopopotamos 

12. Denver Broncos

Samuel Cosmi, OT, Texas*

Denver invested in its Drew Lock-led offense over the past few months, adding receivers Jeudy and KJ Hamler and center Lloyd Cushenberry III with early draft picks, and signing guard Graham Glasgow and running back Melvin Gordon via free agency. But even before right tackle Ja'Wuan James opted out of the NFL season, tackle was a concern. Garett Bolles hasn't been great and could be gone after this season. Cosmi brings 6-foot-7, 310-pound size with superb mobility. He still has to develop a bit, but he has the talent to emerge as a high-end left tackle. And if you want a glimpse of his athleticism and quickness, check out his 12-yard touchdown from last October.

https://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/27775200

Edited by LTtxfan