"the right stuff" series, coming this fall on disney+

henrygandorf

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, RPM said:

Not familiar with Scott O' Donoghue, but he's got some big shoes to fill. That may have been Dennis Quaid's best performance. I'm keeping expectations low, but hopeful.

You will not, I repeat, you will NOT, speak that way about Innerspace. 

• Haha 1

On 5/5/2020 at 6:07 PM, Spoetzl said:

In, but no Chuck Yeager?

That seems like a strange choice. I probably read too much in to it, but Yeager is such a strong presence in the movie and certainly was a huge influence on Wolfe's writing of the book. 

Will there be young girls and cookies in the Disney version?

• 3 weeks later...

So I decided to read some YouTube comments, I know, I know, but I was curious about the reactions of people and whether a lot of people were interested   

Here it is, 2020, and holy shit there are people still angry about a 40 year-old movie’s treatment of Gus Grissom, and they will defend him to the death, and they have made it known that they will raise hell if this doesn’t treat Gus right.

And some of them are very particular about the shortness of John Glenn’s hair   

I fucking love these people.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Good show. I’m not the biggest Patrick Adams fan. I bailed on Suits after a few seasons. But he’s fine as John Glenn. 

Jake McDorman is killing it as Alan Shepard. It’s hard to to do what’s he’s doing. Charming, smooth in personal interactions and awkward, unsure of himself with the media. 

Good to see the ole Mad Men cast get back together. I spotted Jimmy Barrett, Betty’s brother, the dwarf copywriter Don fired, and of course Ken Cosgrove. Also about 90% sure John Glenn’s wife was one of the commercial models from Mad Men. 

Yeah I'm enjoying it 3 episodes in... few minor quibbles but still an enjoyable watch.

One thing I'm curious about - did Al Shepard's inner-ear problems really start during Mercury training?  I was trying to remember from when I read years ago, but I thought that didn't start up until Gemini training.