2020 Fuck Fantasy Football

Iceman

So, after watching the NFL do their draft similar to how many of us have online; it appears we still might get a 2020 Season of professional football in.

Now comes the time for team names, and it's a sure bet CV-19 and its impact will be a wee bit influential in this area. 

Stay at Mahomes Order.

Gronking on Heaven's Door

Okudah had a V8

So to kick off draft talk, if you draw the #1 pick, who is your #1?

I'll go with Saquon just because I think McCaffrey's gonna hit a wall this year with the reps he's been taking.

r647005_1296x729_16-9.jpg

It’s so early, so we’ll see how well this post ages:

I think in ppr or half ppr, there’s a very clear top 6 players. In fact, if you have the number 6 overall pick, I think that might be the best pick. In no particular order:

mccaffery, Saquan, Zeke, dalvin Cook, Michael Thomas, Alvin Kamara. 

I said no particular order but that’s probably the order I’d draft them if I were mock drafting. After that, good luck. 7 through like 14 are very similar value in my opinion. 

But i have to go Mccaffery one. If you have him in ppr, or non ppr, he’s a chest code just because of his receptions. I can’t pass on that because he might break down, when he’s shown no signs of breaking down yet.

Edited by youdunnf'dup
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

But i have to go Mccaffery one. If you have him in ppr, or HALF ppr, he’s a chest code just because of his receptions. I can’t pass on that because he might break down, when he’s shown no signs of breaking down yet.

Fixed

That's the spirit.  I don't even disagree with any of that or want to argue.   Really just want to hear people's takes.

He's definitely a chest cold for the other team... or cheat code   LOLz. Lamar Jackson was also with his rushing yards for a QB. My guess is that he and Mahomes go far too early, which is fine.  Who is the next 'up and comer?'  Kyler? Allen? ???

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Iceman said:

That's the spirit.  I don't even disagree with any of that or want to argue.   Really just want to hear people's takes.

He's definitely a chest cold for the other team... or cheat code   LOLz. Lamar Jackson was also with his rushing yards for a QB. My guess is that he and Mahomes go far too early, which is fine.  Who is the next 'up and comer?'  Kyler? Allen? ???

Jesus Christ my first post was an abomination haha. The next qb off the board might be Dak, tbh. Probably either Dak or Russ. He just has too many weapons to not put up huge numbers. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

What are you guys thinking with some of these covid rules coming out. Not sure if it’s official, but a positive covid test is automatically 3 weeks out, assuming there are no additional positive tests. How many IR spots are appropriate? Or just a ton of bench spots? Gonna be a weird year 

I'm not sure I want to even attempt FF with that type of 'lineup roullette' occurring.  The equity given to draft position and trade value is going to be shot to hell.  I just don't see how it would be any fun if players just randomly drop out, due to cv-19.

yeah, injuries have always existed, but this is more like mini drug suspensions, over and over again.

Really thinking our league is not going to play this season and we have gone since 2001.

• 1 month later...

I'm pick 6 this year in my 10 man half ppr league. Who am I wanting for the first 8 rds?

Rd 1 - Kamara or Thomas or Henry?

Rd2 - rb/wr which ever I didn't get in rd1. Jones/jacobs/chubb/Hopkins. If helaire is there at 15 should I take him?

Rd3 - fournette/ Evans/ cooper

Rd4 - Carson k Allen Gurley 

Rd5- thielen chark ertz Conner Hilton 

Rd6 - rd5 picks plus Ridley Ingram 

Rd7 - Prescott Murray Watson Wilson 

Rd8 I like taking back to back QBs here as it gives me 2 top notch players and  deprives another team from getting a top 5 QB

Rd9-14 value picks my hand cuffs and other handcuffs 

Defense and kicker with  last 2 picks. Maybe I take tucker earlier or the kc or no kicker but my league tends to draft kickers way way too early. I'll probably stream my defense against whoever is playing Cincinnati or whatever team sucks.

Poke holes in my strategy. Tips etc. From what I'm reading I'm starting to like pick 6 this year. 

Our league has voted to not have a season due to Russian Roulette/ lineup risks from Cv-19.

Haven't done one ounce of homework/ prep study.   Feels weird...along with hockey playoffs in August.  Hurricane seems very normal though...

14 hours ago, qwertyu1234 said:

I have the 3rd pick, am i crazy for wanting Thomas instead of a RB like Zeke or Kamara which is what everybody is telling me?

I would go RB (Zeke, not Kamara) but up to you. 

I have some sleepers picked out. We do WRTE and start 3. 

Preston Williams, WR Mia (took him last year, as well)

Chris Herndon, TE, NYJ

AJ Dillon, RB, GB

Tyler Higby, TE, LAR

Joshua Kelley, RB, LAC

Ian Thomas, TE, CAR

Ryquell Armstead, RB, JAC

Randall Cobb, WR, HOU

Russell Gage, WR, ATL

Jace Sternberger, TE, GB

Boston Scott, RB, PHI

On 8/27/2020 at 11:28 AM, Baboontyme said:

My auction is Saturday and I have done zero research. I get to keep Barkley. 

I need some deep sleepers at RB and WRTE. PPR and TD league. I plan to go really high on a couple of other "studs" at RB and WR so I need some $1 candidates. Any help appreciated. 

TE has a ton of interesting names that you should be able to get in the double digit rounds:

Hayden hurst 

Noah fant

Blake Jarwin

Chris Herndon

Jonnu Smith

Mike Gesecki (sp?)

I hate drafting middle tier TEs if I miss out on Kelce/Kittle or if i don’t get great value on Andrews or Ertz i guess, I’m probably just punting the position and taking two of the guys above, unless I get hurst. I think hurst is a day one break out 

Edited by youdunnf'dup

4 minutes ago, EvilCaseMcCoy said:

How the fuck did you swing Barkley and Henry?

On 8/27/2020 at 1:28 PM, Baboontyme said:

My auction is Saturday and I have done zero research. I get to keep Barkley. 

I need some deep sleepers at RB and WRTE. PPR and TD league. I plan to go really high on a couple of other "studs" at RB and WR so I need some $1 candidates. Any help appreciated. 

16 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

It's a really fun league. It has literally been going since 1993. Or at least that was the first year we registered on CBS. My understanding is that it was going for a few years before that and guys were tracking stats out of the newspapers. 

The auction format is quite simply, the best. (online this year sucked, way more fun at a bar with a room and a circle of tables, but we used GoToMeeting to try to simulate as best as possible)

12 teams. $200 auction budget. 1 keeper. Original keeper rule was you can keep a guy for max of 3 years and it costs you $50 but that was made more in the LT/Priest Holmes/Edgerrin James type of years. So we modified it to reward better drafting. We lowered the keeper cost to $35 but it goes up by $5 every year. No limit to how long you can keep someone - if you're willing to shell out 1/3 of your auction budget for 45 year old AD, that's up to you. 

It's also PPR and 10 points for RuReTD. 7 pts per PaTD. 

A lot of fun. This year we are adding 4 IR/COVID slots (only for guys on the COVID list, assuming HIPAA allows that to be disclosed)

So last year we had Le'Veon as our keeper for $40. Done due a poorly designed trade the year before. When our season went into the shitter we flipped Bell to a contender with Amari Cooper for Saquon. So we got to keep Saquon for $35 this year. We paid 60 each for Henry and Hopkins. 6 for Allen. 3 for Patriots D. 15 for Metcalf, 9 for Landry. Everyone else was basically $1. 

i'm in a fucked up pay league  2 QBs starting, no kicker.   I'm just outside the glory at Pick 7

through every mock draft ive done  ive been at Kamara, Cook, and sometimes Henry.

My gut thinks kamara due to rec potential, cook could hold out and i dunno if henry can repeat   what say you?   

follow up  with a 2 qb start do I go after a QB in round two which is probably murray sitting there 

Full Point PPR, $400 league. One keeper. If you keep someone, you get them at 50% of the round you got them last year and if you hold them 2 in a row, it’s an auto first round pick. We drafted Eckler in the 8th last year so we kept him as our 4th round pick.

Brees

Mixon

Eckler

Mostert

Zach Moss
Cam Akers

JuJu

Kupp

Kirk

Justin Jefferson

Michael Pittman

Engram

Jared Cook

41 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

2 QB league draft I had 7th pick. 10 man league any analysis. I’m prob good for 4th nothing real notable on the bench. Golden Tate. Preston williams. Daniel jones. Peterson Chris Thompson and Permian from Jets. Cook from saints

ba0e3d76ae545c63d2d585bed2fc55ee.jpg

I love JuJu this year. Contract year. Big Ben healthy. He’s gonna have a big year.

19 hours ago, Blackcat00 said:

Kamara may hold out. 

19 hours ago, Sgt Hulk said:

yeah i saw that, im gonna pass on him if hes there at 7 tonight

It’s almost impossible for him to hold out under the new CBA. I’d probably bump guys like Thomas, Cook, and CEH ahead of him just to be safe, but he kinda has to play if he wants to advance a year towards free agency and not get fined every day. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

It’s almost impossible for him to hold out under the new CBA. I’d probably bump guys like Thomas, Cook, and CEH ahead of him just to be safe, but he kinda has to play if he wants to advance a year towards free agency and not get fined every day. 

Cook was there I took him