2020 Fuck Fantasy Football

Iceman

7 hours ago, Party_Taco said:

An embarrassment of McMansions to choose from in my last WR slot and could use some help... thoughts?

- Higgins
- Slayton
- Chark
- Lamb
- Coutee

I’d go Coutee. Watson is going to get his against just about anyone right now, and coutee had 9 targets. A few were downfield. 

Hunt over claypool given recent performance.

Also, it’s Gates really gonna drag Gore back out there?! You may have a stud in Johnson... don’t you want to see more of him to help make such an evaluation?

I honestly don’t know if I can risk starting Johnson now... Only other option is Sanders for Philly and that’s a huge dice roll as well. Thoughts?

1 PPR, very deep league, first week of playoffs. Pick two. 

D'Andre Swift vs Green Bay - hard to know what to expect after being out the past 3 weeks, but GB's defense against the run is bad. I am also starting Aaron Rodgers and Aaron Jones. 

Cole Beasley vs Pittsburgh - boom or bust lately, night game in Buffalo in December, hard to know what to expect from Pittsburgh's defense 

Deebo Samuel vs Washington - domed stadium, pretty solid defense against WRs, but Nick Mullins 

I also have CeeDee Lamb, but I don't think he enters the conversation. 

I think I need Taysom Hill to blow out his knee pronto. Shitty ass QB is the best defense against Kamara in the league. I need a big effort out of Kamara to move on this week. I thought I was done getting pissed off at that guy after he deep dicked us in 13 & 14, but apparently he's not through with me yet. 

last 3 games went for 120, 147, 126 and lost 2 of those 3 (including the 147 where i lost by 30, lol) to miss out on the playoffs and finish 5th at 7-7.  10 team league and the top 4 make it.  4th place had a tie to finish at 7-6-1 or I would have overtaken him on total points (led the league by 110).  another team that also finished 7-7 scored 420 less points than i did.

sofaking pissed, but that's the way the covid crumbles. 

good luck to everyone going forward.  I am still in the playoffs in another league, but it's way lower stakes than the league posted above.

Gibson needs to get over his turf toe and Gaskin needs to get over Covid.  Both seem unlikely at this point.

3 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Since the year is over for some. What do your top ten picks look like next season?

Next year looks wide open. 

Henry/Cook

Chubb?

It’s going to be interesting to see what rbs sneak into the back half of the first round. Maybe some of the rookie rbs who are coming on strong at the end of the year. I think Kelce has to be the first non rb off the board. 

Well, that was a more interesting night than I anticipated. I had Hunt & like an 11 pt lead vs Lamar/Brown/Ravens D. Didnt think I had a shot in hell - unless the Browns scored a bunch of points and Hunt had a huge game. 

Fortunately I was still down by 1 pt going into the 4th and 5 play. Imagine if I was up 1. After the flurry of scoring I ended up losing by like 9. I was kind of relieved that starting Engram over Goeddert didn't cost me the win.

3 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Please tell me nobody was negatively impacted by that saftey at the end of the game last night? I’m still trying to get the bad feeling out of the pit of my stomach after that brutal backdoor cover, but it would be even worse if that play ended my season.

FUCCKKKKKK!!!

That stupid play knocked me out of one league playoffs with a team that I dominated all year until Taysom tanked Kamara's value.

I wound up losing my division this week and got bumped down into a three-way tie at 8-6 across two divisions. We have some dumbass tiebreaker rules and even though I have highest points in the league and best overall breakdown record, I got bumped out of the two wildcard spots because i had a 1-2 record between the three of us. One of my losses was week 8 when I had Watson, Hopkins, and Gibson on bye. The guy in my division who tied my record only did so because that fluke safety from his BAL defense gave him an 85.31-83.31 win.

Total fucking bullshit. 

Edited by Gourmand

7 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Since the year is over for some. What do your top ten picks look like next season?

Next year looks wide open. 

Henry/Cook

Chubb?

Henry is probably going to be the consensus #1 pick depending on league play. PPR will probably skew Cook, otherwise it's Henry.

Edited by Gourmand

I’m the 4 seed going against the 1 this week. We’ve won the 3 last titles and he is defending champ. My first two picks were McCafferey and Dak (2 QB league) so I’m lucky to still be alive. His roster is better heads up at every position except TE so I’m going to need a couple standard deviation outliers this week. 

8 hours ago, Gourmand said:

Henry is probably going to be the consensus #1 pick depending on league play. PPR will probably skew Cook, otherwise it's Henry.

It’s still cook or mccaffery for me. If I had the number one overall pick next year in ppr, I’d probably still take CMC. And I’m in the minority, but I’m so bullish on Eckler in ppr that I would throw his hat into this mix right behind these guys. He was poised for a monster year with Herbert if he didn’t mess up his hamstring.