Iceman

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

Play 3 of these 5:

Cooper @MIN

Lamb @MIN

M Jones Jr. @CAR

M. Thomas ATL

B. Cooks NE

Currently leaving both Cowboys on the bench.

I’m gonna say sit the cowboys but there’s a big part of me that wants to say sit lamb and Thomas with Taysom hill starting. But I’m sure they know more than we do, Hill will just sling it today lol

Edited by youdunnf'dup

4 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I’m gonna say sit the cowboys but there’s a big part of me that wants to say sit lamb and Thomas with Taysom hill starting. But I’m sure they know more than we do, Hill will just sling it today lol

Too late. Hope my instincts were right.

Yeah, thanks for replying after they were locked. Great help guys. 😂

Edited by ztejas

17 hours ago, Stunns38 said:

Question on a knock out league.

Pick the:
Browns over the Eagles or
The Vikings over the Cowboys or
Tampa over the Rams

I know not to trust the Browns because they may let me down.
The Vikings looked like crap but beat a worse Bears team last week.
Tampa and the Rams may go any way. I’m stumped. Can’t pick the Rams since I already picked them.

Thanks

I'm so sorry. If it makes you feel better my gut instinct was Browns before I looked at the Vegas odds.

On 11/17/2020 at 12:59 PM, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Since Drew died, I get to rummage in the spare QB pile now. 

Cousins v. Dal or 
Stafford @ Car? 

On 11/17/2020 at 6:10 PM, youdunnf'dup said:

I’d go Stafford if for no other reason than I think Dalvin cook is going to break the record for fantasy points put up by a rb next week. Kirk might throw 15 times if things go the way they plan.

Dunn fail again! Fortunately I went Cousins. 

• Haha 1

I'm so sorry. If it makes you feel better my gut instinct was Browns before I looked at the Vegas odds.

After the Cowboys bye and Minny having a decimated secondary gave me reservations and kept me making that change. I’m surprised that the O line and Dalton played decently.

I need to start a fantasy football tip service. It's easy. Just cut anyone on your roster that I just picked up, the latest fast rising stud that looks like an emerging star. And immediately pick up any one of these pricks I held on to for weeks waiting and finally had to move on to get some points into my lineup. They are iron clad fucking guaranteed to explode the following week.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, RiverwalkMiner said:

Anyone have words of encouragement for tonight? I'm down 3.5 with the Bucs D, and he has no one. 

I have obviously learned nothing in 12 years of fantasy football, because I'm in second place but 8th in points scored. F#$k fantasy football.

You didn’t get what you needed last night, did you? The ints might have saved you depending on your leagues scoring, but Goff was doing whatever he wanted last night with almost zero pass rush.

6 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

You didn’t get what you needed last night, did you? The ints might have saved you depending on your leagues scoring, but Goff was doing whatever he wanted last night with almost zero pass rush.

Unbelievable 119.36 to 118.82 win!! As a longtime Bucs fan, I should have known they would shit the bed in a primetime game. 

Think I need to hit the wire this week, no way I trust this D against KC. 

Fantasy ethics question. I’m curious to know how you guys would approach this:

The Taysom hill owner in my main league dropped the rest of his FAAB on Hill with the idea that he would be his starting TE rest of season. ESPN has never removed a players eligibility midseason, so he does have a legitimate gripe. He also dropped Hunter Henry in the process, who was immediately picked up with the rest of another players FAAB.

The owner just wants to leave his lineup as is and make it to where he can’t pick up anyone until he removes hill from his TE spot but nobody in our league is ok with that. Our commish said he could refund his FAAB for that transaction to make the situation right, but the hill owner says that isn’t enough because he can’t get Henry back (and I kind of agree with him).

How would you approach this situation, or did he just get fucked by ESPN so badly that he’s just shit out of luck and there’s no way to correct the issue? It sucks because we don’t know this guy very well but he’s one of the more active members of our league and by all accounts seems like a good dude. I don’t want to see him get fucked over because I have a feeling he’s going to quit the league and I don’t want to try to find a replacement. 

Edited by youdunnf'dup

3 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

When did he dump all his $? Because ESPN made it plainly clear last week he would lose his TE-eligibility if he took the majority of snaps at QB. If he just did it after Hill was named the starting QB, that’s on him. Sorry, bro. 

I guess this is the part that I missed and maybe he missed it. He spent the FAAB after Hill was named the starter. But his argument is valid.

1. In my 15+ year history of playing fantasy football, I’ve never seen a player lose eligibility. Ever. So I understand why he assumed it wouldn’t happen.

2. The part about him not being able to get Henry back is the real wrench in this situation. TE is so unbelievably thin, and now he can’t get the guy that’s been his starter all year. 

I think he’s being a little unreasonable but I would be pretty mad if I was in his spot. But I guess if it said it in the player note before the game then he should’ve known.

4 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Why did he drop Henry? ESPN changing Taysom Hill's TE eligibility doesn't justify that, especially with the injury possibility or chance that Jameis takes over at QB.... That's all a him problem.

Looking at his bench, that was the most reasonable person to drop. He didn’t want to carry 2 TEs, especially when the one he just picked up was going to be the best “TE” rest of season. So I get it. 

Edited by youdunnf'dup

7 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

And if he got Taysom’s 20+ pts this weekend & all his $ back, that’s a pretty sweet deal. 

This is how I feel for the most part, but I do think he has a legitimate gripe. I just think there’s no way to completely fix it and have it be fair for the rest of the league. This is the most fair way we can go about it, but I do still think he’s kinda getting fucked. 

11 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

I just looked, tyne & I have texts on Friday night about Hill losing his TE-eligibility after the weekend, so it wasn’t some big secret. 

I felt like it was a possibility, but I definitely missed that note. I don’t feel bad anymore. That’s his own doing. 

His other argument is that we don’t make a huge fuss about players being in an IR spot when they aren’t out or on IR. One, that’s because it rarely happens (and it usually goes unnoticed), and two, it’s an apples and oranges comparison because we’re talking about the starting lineup. Not stashing a player on the bench.

The more I think about it, the less justified his butthurt campaign to correct his fuck up looks. He's not only wrong, he should apologize to the commissioner and the rest of the league for making waves about his own stupidity. He had to realize there was a very good chance that loophole in Hill's TE eligibility would be closed by ESPN and he should have prepared for that OR, ferfucksake, the possibility that Sean Payton was fucking with everyone and actually planned to use Jameis Winston or split reps between the two players. There were still plenty of variables that left a lot unknown prior to Sunday's game. It makes zero sense to me that he would drop Hunter Henry and in doing so 1) expose himself to the risk of Taysom getting Payton'd and 2) allow another competitor to pick up a solid TE option. 

Taysom Hill's ESPN eligibility change is just one of those "shit happens" outcomes in ff that you have to guard against as best as possible. If Hill got COVID, would this guy demand Henry back? What if he blew out his knee? Or got suspended for some off-field offense? There are no guarantees that he would start at QB and be eligible as a TE for the rest of the season, this guy should have known better. 

100% his fault. 

1 hour ago, Gourmand said:

The more I think about it, the less justified his butthurt campaign to correct his fuck up looks. He's not only wrong, he should apologize to the commissioner and the rest of the league for making waves about his own stupidity. He had to realize there was a very good chance that loophole in Hill's TE eligibility would be closed by ESPN and he should have prepared for that OR, ferfucksake, the possibility that Sean Payton was fucking with everyone and actually planned to use Jameis Winston or split reps between the two players. There were still plenty of variables that left a lot unknown prior to Sunday's game. It makes zero sense to me that he would drop Hunter Henry and in doing so 1) expose himself to the risk of Taysom getting Payton'd and 2) allow another competitor to pick up a solid TE option. 

Taysom Hill's ESPN eligibility change is just one of those "shit happens" outcomes in ff that you have to guard against as best as possible. If Hill got COVID, would this guy demand Henry back? What if he blew out his knee? Or got suspended for some off-field offense? There are no guarantees that he would start at QB and be eligible as a TE for the rest of the season, this guy should have known better. 

100% his fault. 

I disagree with your 2nd paragraph but ultimately he’s playing a qb in the TE slot so I don’t have overwhelming sympathy for him. I made that point pretty clear last week. I just understand where he’s coming from. This isn’t a “shit happens” scenario. In the history of fantasy, this shit has never happened. Ever. In my life of playing fantasy sports, it’s very rare you run into a situation that’s never happened before. A player has never had position eligibility taken away midseason. Injuries, and covid happen multiple times every week this year. We’re in the middle of a pandemic and guys are getting hurt more than ever. The things you listed are kind of an apples and oranges comparison because of how unprecedented this particular situation is. You should expect the things you listed to happen to one of your players every single week. 

But again, I missed ESPN saying his eligibility might change. That changes my opinion on the situation all together. I assumed, just like every year I’ve ever played fantasy sports, a players eligibility won’t change midseason. A few years ago I had Kyle Schwarber (sp?) as my starting catcher in fantasy baseball. He didn’t play one single inning of C that year. They changed his eligibility the following year. This was on ESPN. Now I get it’s baseball, and this situation is more of an unfair advantage, but I assumed they’d have a little more consistency with how they approach these topics. 

Edited by youdunnf'dup

It's happened before, you may think otherwise but I remember it differently. Regardless, there's no industry standard of expectation that a guy with multi-positional eligibility will keep that eligibility at those positions throughout the year. It's not as if ESPN is making Hill ineligible for fantasy purposes, he's juse eligible as a qb and so he still has that value. This guy fucked up and it's on him for being so foolish to think that loophole wouldn't be closed. 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

It's happened before, you may think otherwise but I remember it differently. Regardless, there's no industry standard of expectation that a guy with multi-positional eligibility will keep that eligibility at those positions throughout the year. It's not as if ESPN is making Hill ineligible for fantasy purposes, he's juse eligible as a qb and so he still has that value. This guy fucked up and it's on him for being so foolish to think that loophole wouldn't be closed. 

Don’t mean to keep harping on this but can you give an example of when it happened? I can’t think of another example where it would even make sense in football, and I know it doesn’t happen in baseball. Granted, players play multiple positions in baseball and it isn’t safe to assume they won’t play that position at all if they played it the year prior, but it doesn’t happen in baseball. THAT is pretty set in stone. 

Edited by youdunnf'dup

5 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Don’t mean to keep harping on this but can you give an example of when it happened? I can’t think of another example where it would even make sense in football, and I know it doesn’t happen in baseball. Granted, players play multiple positions in baseball and it isn’t safe to assume they won’t play that position at all if they played it the year prior, but it doesn’t happen in baseball. 

Joe Webb maybe for Minnesota? I can't remember but it has happened before but usually it's with guys nobody is really rostering. I don't play ff baseball but I did find this.....

https://support.espn.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000093592-Position-Eligiblity-

Regardless, my issue would be the undeniable fact that there's no uniform expectation that positional eligibility is set in stone and unchangeable.

From ESPN's rules page wrt positional eligibility for NFL fantasy leagues....

Once the season has begun, ESPN cannot change the primary position. However, a player can gain additional eligibility for other positions during the season if circumstances warrant it. *

Under certain circumstances, ESPN reserves the right to change a player’s primary position. Please click here to learn more.

• Like 1

On 11/20/2020 at 10:59 AM, UncleSonny said:

ESPN had their rules for dealing with this before and leading up to this week it was made clear that he would have TE designation through this week no matter if he was named as the starter or not. If he plays primarily qb this week then they will take away his TE designation next week. Everyone had equal access to Hill and to this rule.

I posted this on Friday, how the Hill situation would play out was pretty clear to people paying attention. Of course not everyone follows fantasy people on Twitter but if the guy cared to know it was pretty easy info to come by. I can’t believe this guy expects the league to bail him out for fucking up, even his FAAB money back is too much IMO. 

• Like 1

Re: Hill: Yeah, it’s too late to do anything now. Butterfly effect and what not. One add/drop move sets off a series of moves, which affects lineups, matchups, etc. Probably affected more moves than the other owner picking up Henry.

what does he expect the commissioner to do? Give him all his FAAB back but he gets to keep the points he scored? Can a commissioner even edit FAAB budgets? It It’s an unprecedented situation and it sucks but he has to take it on the chin. He shouldn’t quit the league over it. Nothing the commissioner could reasonably do to maintain the integrity of the league.

if my league had that wankin’ TE eligibility bullshit, I probably would have disallowed it in advance.

14 hours ago, Gourmand said:

Joe Webb maybe for Minnesota?

I remember that year. IIRC he played in that Tuesday night game that got moved because the Metrodome roof collapsed. Don’t think his eligibility changed mid season though?

17 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

Re: Hill: Yeah, it’s too late to do anything now. Butterfly effect and what not. One add/drop move sets off a series of moves, which affects lineups, matchups, etc. Probably affected more moves than the other owner picking up Henry.

what does he expect the commissioner to do? Give him all his FAAB back but he gets to keep the points he scored? Can a commissioner even edit FAAB budgets? It It’s an unprecedented situation and it sucks but he has to take it on the chin. He shouldn’t quit the league over it. Nothing the commissioner could reasonably do to maintain the integrity of the league.

if my league had that wankin’ TE eligibility bullshit, I probably would have disallowed it in advance.

I remember that year. IIRC he played in that Tuesday night game that got moved because the Metrodome roof collapsed. Don’t think his eligibility changed mid season though?

It definitely didn’t change midseason. Trust me when I say it has never happened one time in the history of fantasy football. Other than Joe Webb (who only had eligibility added, not removed) there hasn’t been another decent example of them even considering it. Patterson for the bears has played RB almost exclusively this year. I haven’t looked at his snap count for wr but every time Montgomery goes down he’s he main guy, and he’s always the guy that spells him. But he didn’t get his Wr eligibility removed. The guy I’ve should’ve read the note, but I’m sure he didn’t see any reason to. Again, don’t mean to keep harping on this but it absolutely has never happened before, even if it’s in their  bylaws. They’ve never had to use it. 

Edited by youdunnf'dup