Changes at 97.5

msbesq

He was good with Rich Lord way way back but I agree that he's better off with his own show.  His show is the only one I ever check in on any more so hopefully this new cohost doesn't screw it up too bad.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about Raheel getting let go. He is entertaining and knowledgeable. i don't know if Del is considered a producer or host or what, but he has always been terrible. If he is involved in a conversation for more than about 30 seconds, I am changing the station

Edited by Dennis Taylor

7 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Sorry to hear about Raheel getting let go. He is entertaining and knowledgeable. i don't know if Del is considered a producer or host or what, but he has always been terrible. If he is involved in a conversation for more than about 30 seconds, I am changing the station

Del being a grouchy asshole plays well off of John and Lance making fun of him for hating everything. It's created some funny moments. Yes, I believe Del is technically a producer. 

I guess they think Charlie needs a co-host because his show is flat when there isn't any sports news. He's spent entire segments discussing how there is no sports at the moment while counting the minutes until the commercial break. This isn't good radio. 

Those afternoon guys suck. There are entire segments where they talk about anything and everything other than sports, and I’m talking before the pandemic. It’s ok to ham it up a little coming back from break, but pick a topic or new event and discuss it. I couldn’t possibly care less about any shows you’ve binge watched.

• Like 1

Mixed emotions across the board. Early on I wasn't a big Raheel fan but he grew on me. Still prefer more Lance and John, so that's a plus now.

I'll be curious to gauge the chemistry with Charlie and Joel Blank. I actually liked Charlie and Del. I'm a big Pallilo fan, but I'll admit his constant complaining these days about filling time gets old quick.

Hopefully Barry and Raheel knock it out of the park on their next endeavors.

i think its a sports station in houston.  a market that almost single handedly kept that spare ass jim rome on the radio for 20 years past his expiration date.

This is correct. It’s the only FM sports channel in Houston and for the most part it’s awful. There is only one person worth listening to, Charlie Palilo, and they are apparently teaming him up with somebody.

I've been gone from Houston for 13 months.  I miss the heat, humidity, and hurricane prep more than the fucking sports programming on the radio.   What a fucking beating.  Every station.

Something so simple seems impossible for those motherfuckers.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

Fucking Josh Innes is joining 97.5 on Monday from 2-4pm. He is the worst. 

Radio Herpes. I can't imagine they're paying him much.

Innes's favorite topic, Josh Innes. He brings nothing to a sport conversation 

Innes was fired in 2016 by WIP but was hired by KBME to replace longtime talk show host Charlie Pallilo in afternoon drive time. He launched his show by mocking Pallilo's delivery and ratings performance and pledged to boost KBME's ratings, which he was unable to do.

Pallilo now hosts a show on KFNC that precedes Innes’ new time slot.

Edited by tx 3 putt

7 hours ago, Hate said:

Isn’t he the one that got fired from 790 after one year?

And in the process got 790 kicked off radio row during the super bowl, got Adam Clanton fired, and was wearing OKC Thunder gear in public even though he worked at the Rockets station. 

And in the process got 790 kicked off radio row during the super bowl, got Adam Clanton fired, and was wearing OKC Thunder gear in public even though he worked at the Rockets station. 

Damn, that’s quite a resume. What did he do to get them kicked off of radio row?

Innes is working for no salary, strictly commission from advertisers. It’s gonna be funny to hear Palillo hand off the next show to Innes. 

Forgot about innes, I thought he finally gave up and switched careers. That dude sucks.

Charlie is the only good host in Houston
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TonyTexas said:

He was screaming at Seth Payne from rival station, KILT

10 year NFL d-lineman Seth Payne. Seth could rip Josh's head off and shit down his neck, and there are plenty of people that wish he would have. But Seth is actually very smart  (Cornell man) and wouldn't take the bait   

People still listen to sports talk radio right now? What do they talk about? 

I find almost all of it a beating when sports are actually going on but I can't imagine how bad it must be now with no source material. The ones in DFW suck badly outside of the fan during the week leading up to the NFL draft. I tried the ticket when I first arrived here last year but it was just 50 somethings trying to act like they're still in their 20s with horrible dad jokes and very little actual sports talk. 

What a joke.  What I hate about 97.5 is it has a worse signal than AM stations!

This is the truth. I get very spotty reception for 97.5 in The Woodlands. There is another 97.5 station somewhere somewhat close by that mixes in and out with the Houston 97.5. The other one is some sort of pop music station that sucks. I’ve had to use the app to stream the channel if there was something I really was interested in hearing. It’s a minor annoyance for sure, but it still seems sill that they can’t get their signal powerful enough to reach The Woodlands and Conroe areas.

He’s not going to last. He’s full on ‘black’ topics today.

why blacks don’t play baseball

black players are fast 

lebron is uppity, whites don’t like that 

Jordan knew how to play the white market 

jordan dresses like the Kings of Comedy 

and so on LuLz 

He’s not going to last. He’s full on ‘black’ topics today.
why blacks don’t play baseball
black players are fast 
lebron is uppity, whites don’t like that 
Jordan knew how to play the white market 
jordan dresses like the Kings of Comedy 
and so on LuLz 

Dumbass should just give up radio and start working at a chili’s. It’s what he’s eventually going to be doing.

3 hours ago, PRONG HORN said:

So why don't they play baseball?

It’s not glitzy enough, take too much equipment among other things. Don’t remember much of it 

he was on the verge on referring to Jordan as a house n***o. The same phrase that got him fired in philly 

Edited by tx 3 putt