Criminal defense attorney in Tyler/Canton area?

Have an out-of-state colleague looking for a criminal defense attorney in Van Zandt county - I presume that most of them are in the Tyler area.  No, I have no idea what the specific matter is.  Just want to give him a name as a professional courtesy.  Anyone with a recommendation, it's appreciated.  Thanks.

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Have an out-of-state colleague looking for a criminal defense attorney in Van Zandt county - I presume that most of them are in the Tyler area.  No, I have no idea what the specific matter is.  Just want to give him a name as a professional courtesy.  Anyone with a recommendation, it's appreciated.  Thanks.

Is the client white?

22 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Well, he’s charged with a crime in East Texas...based on local LEO habits, odds are no.

Canton is about half way between Dallas and Tyler.  I guess it qualifies as East Texas.

But, the area is filled with methed out white trash and olds usually associated with rural communities.

Reeve Jackson for solid, conscientious representation from a smart dude who also does appeals and is running for district judge.  Brett Harrison (Buck Files) if you want to settle (not meant pejoratively)

PM me with any questions or if you have other names.  I'm a lawyer in the area.  If I don't know them, I know a former DA well that I can get real opinions about defense attorney's from.

Edited by dcbc
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, dcbc said:

Reeve Jackson for solid, conscientious representation from a smart dude who also does appeals and is running for district judge.  Brett Harrison (Buck Files) if you want to settle (not meant pejoratively)

PM me with any questions or if you have other names.  I'm a lawyer in the area.  If I don't know them, I know a former DA well that I can get real opinions about defense attorney's from.

Seconded on Buck Files. 

Most of Nix’s work is related to corporate law. My cousin is a partner, so I could ask. I think they also moved most everyone to Austin that is not working from home. There was some sort of split between Nix and Patterson so the firm is not the same as it was.

22 hours ago, George said:

Scrappy Holmes still alive? 

I think so, and he's the man.  But he's around 80 years old.  His name still is on the front door and he may still do the initial consultations.  But my guess is that the younger guys at that firm are doing the bulk of the work. 

We don't have enough lawyers with names like Racehorse and Scrappy these days.

Just call this guy.

Edited by dcbc
  • Like 2