Texas Women's Basketball 2020-2021 "A New Era"

LTtxfan

While UCONN hasn’t won a NC since 2016 (and they are expected to lose to Stanford), the game of women’s basketball is better when they don’t constantly dominate.  

With that said, Baylor losing is good for Texas and Vic’s eventual dominance on the state. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

No harm, no foul ...

0B50B53D-E1D6-4339-A1AF-6B7F940FAC68.jpeg

What angers me about reffing is the 3 officials on the court tonight are all clinicians at our summer campus (various campus across the country).  All 3 of them would have reamed my ass out if I didn’t call a foul on that play.  

Just now, Pancho said:

What angers me about reffing is the 3 officials on the court tonight are all clinicians at our summer campus (various campus across the country).  All 3 of them would have reamed my ass out if I didn’t call a foul on that play.  

... and who’s in the background staring directly at the play?

It was a great women’s game and neither team deserved that unprofessional lack of effort (integrity) by the officials.

2 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Tell them to practice what the preach

Their trademark saying is “do as I say, not as I do.”  I can’t tell you how many camps I’ve been to in the last 10 years where us campers look at them and say “well, I saw you do it on tv.”

I won't mock her face, because of the Bell's Palsy.

But the shit with the mask and then saying the NCAA needed to scrap COVID testing for the Final Four (after her team is out) - come on, man.  And then waving her phone around about how she has pictures and videos of the officiating.

She was drunk. 

Edited by Js1

They act like that was the only missed call in that game, and the only end of game missed call ever. The aggy non call vs Isu was just as bad. 

i don’t know if there’s some sort of mandate but that’s how the entire tournament has gone.  Lots of physical play being allowed. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

They act like that was the only missed call in that game, and the only end of game missed call ever. The aggy non call vs Isu was just as bad. 

I'm okay with the refs looking the other way on that play, because Baylor has been looking the other way for years.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

i don’t know if there’s some sort of mandate but that’s how the entire tournament has gone.  Lots of physical play being allowed. 

Right, there's some bad officiating all tournament.  A lot of contact allowed under or around the basket.  A lot of elbows not getting reviewed. Unsure if there was a point of emphasis made for this tournament or not to "let them play." 

As Jody Conradt once said, you shouldn't let yourself be in a position to let the outcome by decided by the refs at the end.

The refs didn't give UConn a 19-0 run
The refs didn't tell Kim to not develop her bench in all those blowouts in their 20 game win streak, so when DiDi Richards went out, her inexperienced bench had to go in. 

I have no idea what to think of for tonight.  Some of my thoughts:

• I thought Maryland would score a shit ton on us and they didn't.  I knew if we kept them under 70, we had a chance.
  • On the flipside, SC isn't going to score a lot by nature.  Dawn is defense first.  I think we have to keep them under 60. 
  • Winner of this game will be the one who limits turnovers and mistakes - in a low scoring game, a few extra turnovers is all it takes to lose.   SCe actually turns is over more than Texas does.  
  • Can't discount Dawn's 12-3 record over Vic, but 3-3 in the last 6 is good.  But Vic is 0-fer against Dawn in the postseason
  • Charli: Round of 64 - no fouls;  Round of 32 - 4 fouls, but sat most of the 4th Q; Round of 16 - 2 fouls.  I think she's sort of benefitting from this "let them play" attitude but if she's in foul trouble, we're boned (not breaking news lol)
  • SCe is only a 33% three point shooting team, so won't be surprised if we go zone at times to protect Charli/Ebo 
  • SCe is a 68% FT shooting team - in a close, low scoring game, that spells trouble
  • Have to rebound strong - SCe is +15 on the glass - so I am very glad Warren is available

I don't want to list a score or a winner prediction.  I think Texas will hang with SCe in a low scoring game.  Winner decided by 7 points or less. 

• Hook 'Em 1

If we lose, I won't be upset as this is just gravy right now.  I really, really thought we had a shot at the S16 and that was the ceiling and would a.) make me happy and b.) show Vic is absolutely the right person for this program and to take this program back to glory.  We got that and more. 

What I do like about tonight is the underdog mentality.  No one expects us to win (again) and that can help loosen the players up.  Home crowd too!

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Pancho said:

If we lose, I won't be upset as this is just gravy right now.  I really, really thought we had a shot at the S16 and that was the ceiling and would a.) make me happy and b.) show Vic is absolutely the right person for this program and to take this program back to glory.  We got that and more. 

What I do like about tonight is the underdog mentality.  No one expects us to win (again) and that can help loosen the players up.  Home crowd too!

I thought it would take a miracle to hit the Sweet 16.  NCAA Vic strikes again. All about peaking. Charli and Lambert aren’t ready to end their college careers (Lambert isn’t going to use the COVID year - she could easily end up a GA on Vic’s staff)