Texas Women's Basketball 2020-2021 "A New Era"

LTtxfan

5 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

vic has a lot of work to do. this team is full of average players.

This group lacks toughness... has too many poor long stretches in games.  If you watch Vic's interviews after games, it's obvious he is really frustrated by the players constantly making the same damn mistakes and not fighting hard enough to get rebounds and play defense.

What's the old Ron White saying:

"They sure gotta lotta quit in 'em"

4 minutes ago, ruitxn said:

As the season progressed, this is not the type of basketball I was expecting.  I have no concept of what we are trying to do now offensively.  Disappointing really.

Yeah, will be glad after Vic adds two more recruiting classes.  This group of players is soft...

46 minutes ago, ruitxn said:

As the season progressed, this is not the type of basketball I was expecting.  I have no concept of what we are trying to do now offensively.  Disappointing really.

They’re soft! And inconsistent. Karen left Charli and some meh players behind. We’d have been really awful if we hadn’t made a change. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

They’re soft! And inconsistent. Karen left Charli and some meh players behind. We’d have been really awful if we hadn’t made a change. 

Agree totally.  I just am perplexed that Vic hasn’t been able to toughen this bunch up. To play Schaefer ball we are going to need players with a totally different mentality of what effort consists of.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ruitxn said:

Agree totally.  I just am perplexed that Vic hasn’t been able to toughen this bunch up. To play Schaefer ball we are going to need players with a totally different mentality of what effort consists of.

I remember Karen was floored when she came in and saw those princesses that Gail recruited. Vic needs the transfer portal, I hear some MSU players are unhappy with the new regime. 

3 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

This group lacks toughness... has too many poor long stretches in games.  If you watch Vic's interviews after games, it's obvious he is really frustrated by the players constantly making the same damn mistakes and not fighting hard enough to get rebounds and play defense.

What's the old Ron White saying:

"They sure gotta lotta quit in 'em"

3 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Yeah, will be glad after Vic adds two more recruiting classes.  This group of players is soft...

And Vic agrees

"Lackadaisical", " Out-Toughed", and "just wanna look cool"

3 hours ago, Js1 said:

29 minutes ago, ruitxn said:

26 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I remember Karen was floored when she came in and saw those princesses that Gail recruited. Vic needs the transfer portal, I hear some MSU players are unhappy with the new regime. 

Vic's gonna need to clean house!!  Hope he has room to effectively add several more competitive players thru both the transfer portal, and his quality recruiting class just signed.

Also, Vic's's probably gonna need to "encourage" a few of these current players to leave.

This is " SOME KINDA SHIT ROSTER" left behind by Karen... they missed 9 consecutive free throws today.

DAMN

• Hook 'Em 1

DT-DWZ9Q_bigger.jpg      Danny Davis       @aasdanny
7h

Texas still must close out its regular season on Sunday but the team's postseason path has already been set. UT will be the No. 5 seed in the Big 12 WBB tournament. That means Iowa State in the quarterfinals and presumably Baylor if the Longhorns reach the semifinals. #HookEm