Texas Women's Basketball 2020-2021 "A New Era"

LTtxfan

2 hours ago, Hard Times said:

I have no idea of what to expect this season with all the changes in coaching and personnel. However, I certainly do expect the players to finally get coached up and Texas will play discipline, along with no longer leading the nation with turnovers and stupid mistakes.

This.

I expect better fundamental ball.  Better defense.  More discipline.

Vic is going to take do amazing things with Collier and Celeste, defensively.  I really hope we can keep Collier in 2021, but she's projected #1. 

10 hours ago, Hard Times said:

I have no idea of what to expect this season with all the changes in coaching and personnel. However, I certainly do expect the players to finally get coached up and Texas will play discipline, along with no longer leading the nation with turnovers and stupid mistakes.

7 hours ago, Js1 said:

This.

I expect better fundamental ball.  Better defense.  More discipline.

Vic is going to take do amazing things with Collier and Celeste, defensively.  I really hope we can keep Collier in 2021, but she's projected #1. 

I EXPECT...

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

Vic is the real deal and a class act...  at end of video (above) he talked about how his team is the TEXAS Fans team.  He is sad the WBB players won't be able to stay on the court to interact more with the fans after games due to COVID. 

I think this is CDC's best coaching hire thus far -- love how Vic's teams play!!!

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Think it really depends on if Ebo gets her waiver.  

She would benefit our rotation, but I'm sure Vic has a small ball contingency plan if she's out. I'm certainly not suggesting we'll be at Baylor's level this year, but I think we do have potential to finish 2nd in our conference in year 1 of Vic

Edited by perfectchaos007

Shae Routt is officially off roster.  Either she's retired from her concussion issues or will transfer because of a new regime.

With Routt, Higgs, Holmes, Underwood, Sutton and Palmer off roster, only 4 remaining players have ever played a minute for Texas.

Returners: Collier, Allen-Taylor, Warren, Taylor

Newbies: Ortiz, Lambert, Chevalier, Gaston, Johnson, Coleman, Holle, Ebo

Not a bad thing that 75% of our roster has not played a game under Karen Aston.  Less bad habits to coach out of them. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Also still nothing on Lauren Ebo's waiver.  NCAA has been handing them out like candy, but it always feels like WE get fucked by transfer waivers.  They just handed out 3 more yesterday for FSU, Mizzou and Hofstra.

And it was confirmed last Friday that Routt entered the portal. 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Vic is going to learn pretty quickly that the NCAA rulings committee hates Texas. They'll give waivers to everyone else, but Texas players nah. Ebo would have already been cleared at MSST

Seriously.  It's absolute bullshit.  Many other waivers got approved that, in a normal year, would not have been.  I'm thinking teams like ND a few years back when they got an approved waiver for no actual reason beyond "depth," Baylor seemingly gets all their waivers approved for major transfers, etc.