Texas Women's Basketball 2020-2021 "A New Era"

LTtxfan

So our recruiting ties are:

Texas and the southeast - Vic (Sam Houston, Texas A&M, MSU)
Oklahoma and the southeast - Jackson-Durrett (OU player and MSU)
Midwest and West coast - McEntire (Dayton and Arizona)
West coast - Phillips (Arizona and Cal) 

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...

Zaay Green has had quite the journey and is in the portal (again).

Originally committed to Kansas, switched her commitment and spent 2 years at Tennessee (missed most of her sophomore year due to injury), transferred to Texas A&M and is now in the portal again.  6'0 guard out of Duncanville. 

Played in all 32 games as a freshman, making 24 starts... Finished the season with an SEC All-Freshman Team selection… Averaged 9.6 points while hauling in four rebounds and dishing out 2.3 assists per game… Served as Tennessee’s third-highest scorer and rebounder in SEC play, averaging 10.3 points and 4.8 rebounds… Put up double-digit points on 14 occasions and had three or more assists in 10 games… Logged a career-high in points (25), rebounds (11), assists (6) and steals (5) during her first season… Named SEC Freshman of the Week on Dec. 4 and Jan. 29.

I could see Vic reaching out to her - a tall guard would go a long way to replacing Celeste. 

• 2 weeks later...

One of my ref bosses (she runs the Big 12 and Big 10) had her annual clinic this summer in Indianapolis, and I had to go ref some games for her this weekend so hopefully I don’t get fired.  Regardless, I saw Vic there sharp as a fucking tack both days.  Yesterday, he had the burnt orange on with his boat shoes and today it looked like he went to church before heading to the gym with that burnt orange jacket which i want really bad.  I wanted to say hi but Vic was there (with his muffin) to ‘croot.

The program is in good hands.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 10 months later...
One of my ref bosses (she runs the Big 12 and Big 10) had her annual clinic this summer in Indianapolis, and I had to go ref some games for her this weekend so hopefully I don’t get fired.  Regardless, I saw Vic there sharp as a fucking tack both days.  Yesterday, he had the burnt orange on with his boat shoes and today it looked like he went to church before heading to the gym with that burnt orange jacket which i want really bad.  I wanted to say hi but Vic was there (with his muffin) to ‘croot.
The program is in good hands.

Was he smiling with his eyes?