NFL 2020 Season Catch All Thread

LTtxfan

43 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Steep price for a safety

A starting safety, two first round draft picks and a swap from 4th to 3rd round for Adams? That was a miracle for the Jets. What the fuck are the Seahawks thinking here? 

2 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

I’m serious, this sounds like a idgaf last gasp from Pete Carroll

Perhaps, but this is a terrible trade for Seattle. Not just for the haul they gave up, but Adams is a cancer in the locker room. Zero leadership qualities. Zero team player.

3 minutes ago, Herpa Derpa said:

Perhaps, but this is a terrible trade for Seattle. Not just for the haul they gave up, but Adams is a cancer in the locker room. Zero leadership qualities. Zero team player.

That goes against everything I’ve ever read about him.   

28 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

That goes against everything I’ve ever read about him.   

I'm basing it on everything I've observed and heard from him over the past 6 months while living in the NYC area. He burned the bridge so badly, the river is on fire. See Lev Bell's reaction.

I'm basing it on everything I've observed and heard from him over the past 6 months while living in the NYC area. He burned the bridge so badly, the river is on fire. See Lev Bell's reaction.
LeVeon Bell and the NYC Sports media are definitely trustworthy and reliable sources.

On 6/16/2020 at 2:07 PM, ss13 said:

Probably not the best look coming off a season where you barely made 70%. 

——

Fucked up at 8:25 in the morning too. 

He gone. 

The New York Giants are releasing Pro Bowl kicker Aldrick Rosas just days before the start of training camp after his arrest earlier this summer, according to multiple sources.

Rosas, 25, was charged with three misdemeanors stemming from a June 15 hit-and-run crash in Butte County, California. He faces charges of reckless driving on a highway, hit-and-run property damage and driving while suspended/revoked for DUI of alcohol/drugs.

Rosas still could face discipline from the NFL. The league has indicated in recent weeks that the matter remains under review.

10 hours ago, BradInATX said:
On 7/25/2020 at 8:08 PM, Herpa Derpa said:

LeVeon Bell and the NYC Sports media are definitely trustworthy and reliable sources.

Never said a word about NYC Sports media. I merely advised that my current location puts him in my backyard for ready observation. The mention of Lev Bell was to illustrate how his former teammates have reacted to his leaving. As for JA, I use my own eyes and ears to observe a person's attitude and behavior in order to form my own opinions on their character. He forced his way out by throwing everyone under the bus. He is not a team player. He's a headache waiting to happen. Just one man's opinion.

Regarding the trade, there is no possible way for an intelligent person to determine who won the deal for a few years. At a minimum, not until the picks are made.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 7/25/2020 at 6:37 PM, Herpa Derpa said:

Pete has a history of burning a program to the ground on the way out the door. 

Also fuck Seattle 

2 first round picks sounds like a lot in a tweet for shock value but they are likely mid 20's or later picks from Seattle.

Adams was a 6th overall pick that has proven to be a hit for that pick value.

Looking only at the 1st round pick part of this trade, it makes sense for Seattle. We get a proven stud hitting his stride. That's worth two mid to high 20's 1st rounders.

For the Jet's, adding McDougal and the 3rd (minus a 4th) pick let's them insert a quality safety immediately to replace Adams while really stock piling for the future.

Seattle saves the cap space from McDougal this year too who was already a possible cap casualty when FA started..... about 3-5 mil I think.... Puts their cap room up to 18/19 mil or so.....

Clowney come on down for another 1 year rental and let's make a freaking run.

Edited by cam4mav

Nah man that's a TON no matter how you slice it, late round picks or not. 

It's not just 2 Firsts...it's a 3rd AND another starting Safety in return.

Yes Adams is good...but as good as he is he's still a Safety and not worth that much of a return. 

Guice was charged with one count of strangulation as well as three counts of assault and battery. He also was charged with one count of destruction of property. Guice turned himself in late Friday afternoon; he was handcuffed before entering the Loudoun Adult Detention Center.

——

Guice will be represented by attorney Peter Greenspun, who once represented broadcaster Marv Albert.

Sounds like Duvernay is looking good: 

Spoiler

The morning after free agent wide receiver Dez Bryant arrived in Baltimore for a scheduled workout with the team, Boykin made his presence felt on the practice field.

So did third-round rookie Devin Duvernay, who beat Anthony Averett on a double move for one long touchdown and got behind All-Pro cornerback Marcus Peters for another.

If the Ravens decide to sign Bryant, a three-time Pro Bowler who hasn’t appeared in an NFL game since 2017, they’d likely hand out less playing time to younger wide receivers. Boykin and Duvernay on Tuesday performed as if they deserve a chance to win significant roles within the offense

https://www.pennlive.com/baltimore-ravens/2020/08/baltimore-ravens-practice-observations-day-2-two-young-receivers-come-to-life.html

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1