NFL 2020 Season Catch All Thread

LTtxfan

Has anyone actually missed preseason football yet? I haven't, even though we normally go to a preseason game every year. In addition I haven't been keeping up with the NFL network/news like  I normally would. With things being the way they are, it really does make me devalue football. Five years ago that would have been impossible.

Maybe I'll start missing it next week. 

1 hour ago, Brothahorn said:

Has anyone actually missed preseason football yet? I haven't, even though we normally go to a preseason game every year. In addition I haven't been keeping up with the NFL network/news like  I normally would. With things being the way they are, it really does make me devalue football. Five years ago that would have been impossible.

Maybe I'll start missing it next week. 

There are definitely some undrafted FAs and late round picks that are getting fucked by there being no preseason. But other than that, just have one preseason game. Let the 1s run a few series to knock the dust off and spend the rest of the game looking at the fringe guys 

The Jacksonville Jaguars have agreed to trade franchise defensive end Yannick Ngakoue to the Minnesota Vikings for a 2021 second-round draft pick and a conditional 2022 fifth-round draft pick that could go as high as a third-round pick, league sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Ngakoue still has to sign his franchise tender, but the trade is now in place and he is expected to join the Vikings.

Sources said the fifth-round pick becomes a fourth-round pick if Ngakoue goes to the Pro Bowl this season and a third-round pick if Ngakoue is a Pro Bowler and the Vikings win the Super Bowl.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29771509/jaguars-agree-trade-de-yannick-ngakoue-vikings

On 8/29/2020 at 3:30 PM, LTtxfan said:

Pat mcafee had Darius Butler on and he talked about how most coaches do something similar to this, but with boxing gloves. The fact that these were taped to their hands and they can’t freely take them off and on to tie their shoes, drink water, etc is just funny to me. 

2 hours ago, Chad said:

It'll take time to clean up the devastation that Tom Coughlin caused during his recent stint with the sparkle kitties. 1/3 of the NFLPA grievances filed the last two seasons were filed by players on the Jaguars.

And the HC, GM are still there screwing things up.

The Jags should be a lesson to 95% of the NFL players/teams. Just because you knocked on the door, doesn't mean you are kicking it in next year. Get it while you can.

Leonard Fournette has a new home.

The running back has agreed to a deal with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter, just days after he was waived after a turbulent three-year stint with the Jacksonville Jaguars.

The sides have an agreement in principle, the source said.

2 hours ago, Chad said:

NFL teams are still rolling the dice hoping for a repeat of 2013.

He had a couple of really clutch catches last year before getting suspended again. He's been in Seattle since and LOVES it up here. 

Flash and DK on the outside and Lockett inside it a fantastic lineup. Seattle gonna make a run this year

*ronpaulitshappeninggif*

7 hours ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

Skins release Adrian Peterson.

Saw that. Not sure if this is it for him, but doesn't look good. Dude has been a warrior on the field, in the weight room, and possibly at home.

But seriously, even his post-release interview comments were respectful and professional. Always admired his game; just wish he'd chosen a better school.

https://247sports.com/college/texas/Article/Former-Texas-Longhorns-WR-Marcus-Johnson-waived-by-Indianapolis-Colts-NFL-cuts-2020-season-151113806/

Former Texas WR Marcus Johnson waived by Colts

ByJEFF HOWE 18 hours ago

Former Texas wide receiver Marcus Johnson was waived by the Indianapolis Colts on Saturday as NFL teams cut their rosters down from 80 to 53 players ahead of the 2020 season. A veteran who has played for three teams since his Texas career ended following the 2015 season, Johnson is expected to be brought back to the team as a member of the practice squad if he clears waivers, according to one report.

Johnson told Horns247 by way of an interview on 104.9 The Horn’s Light The Tower in March that he was hoping to be brought back to the Colts for a chance to make the club. The team announced in April that Johnson had agreed to a new deal, allowing him to return to a Colts organization for which he caught 22 passes for 379 yards and three touchdowns in 13 games (six starts) over the 2018 and 2019 seasons.

Edited by LTtxfan

https://247sports.com/college/texas/Article/Former-Texas-Longhorns-center-Zach-Shackelford-waived-by-NFL-Tampa-Bay-Buccaneers-2020-cuts-151114582/

Former Texas center Zach Shackelford waived by Buccaneers

Former Texas offensive lineman Zach Shackelford was waived by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers Saturday as the team was forced to trim their roster from 80 to 53 players in order to comply with NFL roster limits by the 3 p.m. deadline. Signing with the team as a free agent following the 2020 NFL Draft, Shackelford has been working as a reserve center with the team after a lengthy, decorated career with the Longhorns.

Shackelford said after the draft that it was hard to turn down the opportunity the Bucs gave him to make the club. The fact that the franchise made the biggest splash move of the NFL offseason by signing future Hall of Fame quarterback Tom Brady didn’t hurt the appeal for Shackelford when it came to signing with Tampa Bay either.

“It seems to me like they have a good organization,” Shackelford said. “Obviously over the past week you’ve been hearing a lot of buzz about them. The offensive line coach (Joe Gilbert) called me and said I have an opportunity to compete for a roster spot.

https://longhornswire.usatoday.com/2020/09/05/longhorns-in-the-nfl-roster-tracker-as-teams-cut-down-to-53/

Longhorns in the NFL: Roster tracker as team's cut down to 53

On Sept. 5, NFL teams were forced to make cuts in order to trim their roster down to 53 players.  While the deadline is a celebration for some, it’s absolutely heartbreaking for others. Unfortunately, several former Longhorns will be looking for a new opportunity elsewhere as they did not make the initial 53-man roster for their respective teams.  A few of the Texas ex’s are expected to either be signed to the practice squad and/or be picked up by another team. Let’s take a closer look at the players that were considered on the bubble to survive the final round of roster cuts.

Still on 53-man Roster

• Andrew Beck – TE/FB   Denver Broncos   
  • Calvin Anderson – OL     Denver Broncos   
  • Malcolm Roach – DL        New Orleans
  • Geoff Swaim – TE.           Tennessee Titans

Waived by current team

• P.J. Locke – DB      Denver  Waived Sept. 5

Denver appears interested in bringing him back as a practice squad member if he clears waivers.

• Tyrone Swoopes – TE      Philadelphia Waived Sept. 5
  • Lil’Jordan Humphrey – WR  New Orleans Waived Sept. 5
  • Marcus Johnson – WR  Indianapolis  Waived Sept. 5

Team sources indicate that Indianapolis hopes to bring Johnson back as a practice squad member if he clears waivers.

• Malik Jefferson – LB   LA Chargers Waived Sept. 5
  • Zach Shackelford – OL Tampa Bay Waived Sept. 5
  • Garrett Gilbert --  QB      Browns  Waived Sept. 5

Edited by LTtxfan

Always something. 

Eagles rookie wide receiver Jalen Reagor will miss multiple weeks with a UCL tear in his thumb, sources told ESPN.

A source said Reagor is expected to undergo surgery and will be placed on injured reserve.

Reagor was injured on a play across the middle in the first half of Sunday's loss to the Los Angeles Rams. He stayed in the game and finished with four catches for 41 yards.

There is a chance the Eagles could hold him out until after their Week 9 bye as a precaution. For context, New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees missed five games with a similar injury last season.

Reagor has a recent track record of recovering quickly, however, returning from a slight shoulder tear in two weeks earlier this month in what was originally supposed to be a monthlong absence.

Reagor, the team's first-round pick, has five catches on eight targets for 96 yards this season.

J.J. Arcega-Whiteside and fellow rookie John Hightower will be called on to pick up the slack in Reagor's absence. Alshon Jeffery (Lisfranc) is expected back at some point as well.