Flynn Walks.. DOJ drops case

horn4life

34 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Well, for one thing, a lot of the things Trump did in office aren't easily prosecuted as crimes.  His obstructive actions may be defendable on the ground that it is his prerogative, for example.  There's nothing criminal about emoluments violations, for another.

But, more than the practicalities of prosecution, it may be a precedent that no one really wants to set.  It would be decried, not completely inaccurately, as politically motivated.  There is some validity to the notion of just letting it go for the sake of the nation.  There are probably multiple criminal offenses, pushing it hard, that multiple Presidents could have been prosecuted for.  But no one has had the stomach for it.

Criminality before taking office is a different matter.

And, who knows where that leads.  I think there's less militating against prosecuting crimes that may have occurred while in office, but not connected to official duties, like ongoing depredations of the Trump family and "organization" for which teh Donald may be liable.

One legal development that I would like to see is that, because a sitting President can't be prosecuted, the criminal statute of limitations should be tolled or not running during a President's term of office.  That seems completely reasonable to me and a piece of law that should come from all of this.

3 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

On the "voting machine" trademark.  I wouldn't attach much significance to that.

When you file a trademark registration application that originates in the US in China, all kinds of weird shit happens because English does not translate nicely to Chinese.  In addition to the actual recitation of goods covered by the registration, they are also "classified" by an international system.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_(Nice)_Classification_of_Goods_and_Services   For example, if your trademark is for "luggage," that fits in Nice Class 18, which also covers " umbrellas and parasols; walking sticks; whips, harness and saddlery; collars, leashes and clothing for animals."  

When the Chinese can't literally translate a good recited in an English-language trademark application, sometimes they look at the Nice system and kind of fill in gaps.  So your registration application may say "handbags," but the Chinese turn that into parasols, harnesses, and leashes if they have no word for handbag.

Also, what they do in China can get fucked up being translated back to English.  You get some weird-ass shit sometimes.  My best guess is that if "voting machines" appears in one of her registration applications, it is the result of a translation error.

Also, in the US, you can't get a registration for anything that you aren't actually using the trademark on.  That is, if you aren't actively selling voting machines bearing your trademark, you can't get a registration here.  In most other countries, you can register a trademark that you aren't using at all.  So you can preemptively register Ivanka Trump for garden tractors if you want.  It can be taken away if you haven't used it and someone else applies, but their systems permit it.  As far as I can tell, all of her trademarks were filed first in the US and "extended" under international treaties to China.  It seems highly unlikely that Ivanka would file for voting machines in the US and pay the fees to extend to China.  And there's no evidence in the US records indicating that she did so.

There are a variety of innocent explanations for why a trademark that started out in the US, in English, would become fubar in China.

Further, as to the trademarks she was allegedly granted by China, the information on that is pretty unclear.  It is notoriously difficult to look up information on the Chinese IP Authority website, unless you speak/write Chinese so it's hard to "go to the source."  But from what I can see, the registrations were applied for in 2016 and "granted" in 2018, or later.  That is a completely normal timeframe for that sort of thing,  It's even slow.  There's no evidence of expediting or anything else.  That whole thing is just one step above Sydney Powell stuff.  Also, patent and trademark offices generally employ sort of the pinnacle of nonpartisan, civil servant bureaucrats who would be some of the least likely government employees to be influenced by politics.  Of course, if Xi tells the office to do something, they'll probably do it.  But it seems fairly unlikely here.

Thank you for that clarification and explanation; I was jumping to conclusions because they project so that it seemed not a stretch to hear them say “voting machines are crooked,” and believe they are seeking methods to manufacture crooked voting machines. 

But it’s reassuring to read your explanation. It makes sense. 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Thank you for that clarification and explanation; I was jumping to conclusions because they project so that it seemed not a stretch to hear them say “voting machines are crooked,” and believe they are seeking methods to manufacture crooked voting machines. 

But it’s reassuring to read your explanation. It makes sense. 

Yeah, at first glance all of the trademark stuff seems a bit alarming.  But when you have more knowledge of it, which most don't and why would they, it's not so insidious.

I had to look it up out of "professional" interest and also to see if there was any truth to it.

I have been doing IP work for 30 years.  Only a couple of times has even an inference of political interference with specific matters (as opposed to broader IP policy) even been raised.  Once here in connection with some Blackberry patent matters, and once in the European Patent Office on some matters I can't recall.  In both cases, the allegations of political interference were only semi-credible, never proven, and amounted ultimately to nothing.  And in both cases, there was considerable money involved, as the IP owners were getting large judgments and injunctions in their industries, as opposed to the Trumpian thing, where any money involved was pretty speculative.

Edited by TwiceHorn

Flynn wrote a lil statement:

By Almighty God’s grace and with the love and courage of my wife Lori, the strength and fortitude of our families, and the inspiration of our friends and every single patriot who circled me with their prayers, wisdom, and kindness, I say thank you from the bottom of my heart. For the first time in more than four years and because of my fearless attorney, Sidney Powell, the Guardian Angel of American Justice, and thousands of good people with endless energy rallying together on my behalf, I breathe freedom and liberty today.

We are a nation founded by leaders who fought tyranny and oppression to ensure that all American citizens be treated fairly and equally across this land. These constitutional and God-given rights should never be denied or disguised behind false prosecution or political persecution out of fear, hate, or an opposing voice. Those who scowl at the very core of our Republic and act from vengeance or revenge against one of us, threaten the safety and security of all of us.

Never again should any family or individual be so viciously targeted, maligned, smeared, and threatened such has been the experience of my family and I. Not you and your loved ones, not me nor President Trump, our First Lady, and the Trump children. Stand with me today in renouncing this betrayal of trust that has burdened our nation and proclaim with one united voice across this land that we will never again allow the rightful power of the citizens of this country to be uprooted, undercut, usurped, or held hostage by a coup against our nation, a duly elected President or any future president of these United States.

For over three decades, it has been my honor and privilege as a Soldier and public servant to fight for the rights of American citizens and for citizens of the world. I have fought alongside the bravest men and women on distant battlefields in the midst of the fire and fury of war. In this fight for my life and liberties on the battlefield of justice and truth, my faith in God and the love and support of my wife Lori have seen me through.

Along our journey together, we have been blessed to have the trust and support of millions of Americans across our great country and around the world. These are our Digital Army of Patriots who inspired us to keep fighting, uncovered secrets we would otherwise have not known, and shared with us their thoughts, dreams, and wisdom throughout this ordeal.

Many months ago, one patriot wrote to me, “I only recently learned of you. I’ve been willfully ignorant of this world and the level of evil in it. God is moving in our lives and I know my purpose now is to raise my five patriots to love God, fight for truth, and defend the United States of America, One nation under God!” We are so deeply and sincerely appreciative for the force of light brought into our lives to battle on and we will never forget the trust placed in us to never give up the search for truth.

I am forever grateful to my legal team of warriors – a team that came into our lives during the most difficult time. Ms. Sidney Powell entered the Flynn family’s lives like an Angel sent from heaven with the fighting spirit of David, ready to slay Goliath—and she did.

Each member (of our small defense team), assembled by Sidney, fulfilled unique and difficult roles with a warrior’s spirit. Mr. Jesse Binnall, a brilliant leader, and polished legal street fighter possessed an expert grasp of the law and a common-sense approach to discovering the truth. Ms. Molly McCann, who is an intense scholar with a superb mastery of the law, a true warrior, and someone of great faith. Molly spent tireless hours researching, reading, and writing all the while helping her Mother’s fight with cancer. Mr. David Warrington’s steady hand and advice on navigating the minefields of the Washington, D.C. legal circuit were always on the mark. Lindsay McKasson and Abigail (Abbie) Frye are two determined legal professionals who were relentless in piecing together a million-piece puzzle allowing our team to find the truth.

A special thank you goes to my warrior sister Barbara, who took on managing my legal defense fund and between her and my youngest sibling and brother, Joe, did countless interviews to help raise necessary and important funds to fight this fight.  And finally, my sister Clare Eckert and her daughter (my God-Daughter and niece), Alicia Kutzer, rounded out our team. My oldest sister Clare is a tough but superb legal and business professional and Alicia is a remarkable lawyer. Without a doubt, we could not have won this fight without their counsel, exceptional research and writing abilities, as well as their unwavering love.

I can never thank them all enough for taking on this monumental challenge to win. Because of them, my eyes are brighter and my heart is filled with love for my sons, their wives, my grandchildren, and for all members of our extended family of Flynns and Andrades and so many, many others who kept me going and gave me strength through their prayers and messages of hope for the future.

Together, we have overcome this enormous hurdle. Now we will get back up on our feet, dust ourselves off, and not fear what lies ahead. We may be tested again with false accusations and untruths and hatred for our beliefs and for raising our voices but we cannot be deterred and we cannot stop.

Time does not always heal all wounds, but discovering the truth has a funny way of shaping the scars.

To all Americans, what we choose to do in this life should never be stopped by fear. Instead, we need to embrace the uncertainty and accept the risk that comes with sacrifice and then work to overcome the sheer magnitude of life’s challenges, especially during this crucible of our nation’s history. Our very survival as a nation is at stake.

The Flynns will never stop being the fighters that our parents, Charlie and Helen, taught us to be. Through generations of military in our past, and with many of us still serving our nation in one capacity or another, we will “rise up” to the next set of challenges together and defend our families, our homes, our honor, and our nation.

Even today, perhaps more than ever before, America requires tried, true, and tested patriots to ensure the future of our children and grandchildren. And in the end, there is only ONE who is the judge of our ultimate destiny.

God Bless America.

Michael T. Flynn

5 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

In the final analysis, his lawyers didn't really do that much for him.  Trump DOJ interference and the pardon are what saved his skin.

I suppose Powell deserves some credit for delaying the mess for a year or so and creating an absolute zoo parade in the trial court.

14 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

In the final analysis, his lawyers didn't really do that much for him.  Trump DOJ interference and the pardon are what saved his skin.

I suppose Powell deserves some credit for delaying the mess for a year or so and creating an absolute zoo parade in the trial court.

No, she didn't (do that much for him it appeared) and that was what I thought odd, he mentions it over and over again. Is it also perhaps some kind of future Q grift? This statement is being retweeted on hard core Q accounts (although they've removed the giveaway label due to the clamp down) and me being the suspicious person I am of late, immediately jump to "he's going to go on the paid speaker circuit" line of thought...

Edited by Mrs Whiggins

No, she didn't (do that much for him it appeared) and that was what I thought odd, he mentions it over and over again. Is it also perhaps some kind of future Q grift? This statement is being retweeted on hard core Q accounts (although they've removed the giveaway label due to the clamp down) and me being the suspicious person I am of late, immediately jump to "he's going to go on the paid speaker circuit" line of thought...

Oh, grift is part of the end game, no question.

All that unnecessary Department of Justice corruption when all he had to do was pardon him.

Why just obstruct justice and reward corrupt cronies when you can ALSO hopelessly corrupt and destroy the credibility of the very institution that might prosecute you after you leave office?

By Almighty God’s grace and with the love and courage of my wife Lori, the strength and fortitude of our families, and the inspiration of our friends and every single patriot who circled me with their prayers, wisdom, and kindness, I say thank you from the bottom of my heart. For the first time in more than four years and because of my fearless attorney, Sidney Powell, the Guardian Angel of American Justice, and thousands of good people with endless energy rallying together on my behalf, I breathe freedom and liberty today.

We are a nation founded by leaders who fought tyranny and oppression to ensure that all American citizens be treated fairly and equally across this land. These constitutional and God-given rights should never be denied or disguised behind false prosecution or political persecution out of fear, hate, or an opposing voice. Those who scowl at the very core of our Republic and act from vengeance or revenge against one of us, threaten the safety and security of all of us.
Never again should any family or individual be so viciously targeted, maligned, smeared, and threatened such has been the experience of my family and I. Not you and your loved ones, not me nor President Trump, our First Lady, and the Trump children. Stand with me today in renouncing this betrayal of trust that has burdened our nation and proclaim with one united voice across this land that we will never again allow the rightful power of the citizens of this country to be uprooted, undercut, usurped, or held hostage by a coup against our nation, a duly elected President or any future president of these United States.
For over three decades, it has been my honor and privilege as a Soldier and public servant to fight for the rights of American citizens and for citizens of the world. I have fought alongside the bravest men and women on distant battlefields in the midst of the fire and fury of war. In this fight for my life and liberties on the battlefield of justice and truth, my faith in God and the love and support of my wife Lori have seen me through.
Along our journey together, we have been blessed to have the trust and support of millions of Americans across our great country and around the world. These are our Digital Army of Patriots who inspired us to keep fighting, uncovered secrets we would otherwise have not known, and shared with us their thoughts, dreams, and wisdom throughout this ordeal.
Many months ago, one patriot wrote to me, “I only recently learned of you. I’ve been willfully ignorant of this world and the level of evil in it. God is moving in our lives and I know my purpose now is to raise my five patriots to love God, fight for truth, and defend the United States of America, One nation under God!” We are so deeply and sincerely appreciative for the force of light brought into our lives to battle on and we will never forget the trust placed in us to never give up the search for truth.
I am forever grateful to my legal team of warriors – a team that came into our lives during the most difficult time. Ms. Sidney Powell entered the Flynn family’s lives like an Angel sent from heaven with the fighting spirit of David, ready to slay Goliath—and she did.
Each member (of our small defense team), assembled by Sidney, fulfilled unique and difficult roles with a warrior’s spirit. Mr. Jesse Binnall, a brilliant leader, and polished legal street fighter possessed an expert grasp of the law and a common-sense approach to discovering the truth. Ms. Molly McCann, who is an intense scholar with a superb mastery of the law, a true warrior, and someone of great faith. Molly spent tireless hours researching, reading, and writing all the while helping her Mother’s fight with cancer. Mr. David Warrington’s steady hand and advice on navigating the minefields of the Washington, D.C. legal circuit were always on the mark. Lindsay McKasson and Abigail (Abbie) Frye are two determined legal professionals who were relentless in piecing together a million-piece puzzle allowing our team to find the truth.
A special thank you goes to my warrior sister Barbara, who took on managing my legal defense fund and between her and my youngest sibling and brother, Joe, did countless interviews to help raise necessary and important funds to fight this fight.  And finally, my sister Clare Eckert and her daughter (my God-Daughter and niece), Alicia Kutzer, rounded out our team. My oldest sister Clare is a tough but superb legal and business professional and Alicia is a remarkable lawyer. Without a doubt, we could not have won this fight without their counsel, exceptional research and writing abilities, as well as their unwavering love.
I can never thank them all enough for taking on this monumental challenge to win. Because of them, my eyes are brighter and my heart is filled with love for my sons, their wives, my grandchildren, and for all members of our extended family of Flynns and Andrades and so many, many others who kept me going and gave me strength through their prayers and messages of hope for the future.
Together, we have overcome this enormous hurdle. Now we will get back up on our feet, dust ourselves off, and not fear what lies ahead. We may be tested again with false accusations and untruths and hatred for our beliefs and for raising our voices but we cannot be deterred and we cannot stop.
Time does not always heal all wounds, but discovering the truth has a funny way of shaping the scars.
To all Americans, what we choose to do in this life should never be stopped by fear. Instead, we need to embrace the uncertainty and accept the risk that comes with sacrifice and then work to overcome the sheer magnitude of life’s challenges, especially during this crucible of our nation’s history. Our very survival as a nation is at stake.
The Flynns will never stop being the fighters that our parents, Charlie and Helen, taught us to be. Through generations of military in our past, and with many of us still serving our nation in one capacity or another, we will “rise up” to the next set of challenges together and defend our families, our homes, our honor, and our nation.
Even today, perhaps more than ever before, America requires tried, true, and tested patriots to ensure the future of our children and grandchildren. And in the end, there is only ONE who is the judge of our ultimate destiny.
God Bless America.
Michael T. Flynn

Do I miss something and he did not plead guilty twice??? Without his crack Kraken led team he would have pled guilty three times???

God Bless America.
Michael T. Flynn

Do I miss something and he did not plead guilty twice??? Without his crack Kraken led team he would have pled guilty three times???

From Gil's link (thank you Gil), the memorandum order from the judge:

https://ecf.dcd.uscourts.gov/cgi-bin/show_public_doc?2017cr0232-311

On the other hand, a pardon does not necessarily render “innocent” a defendant of any alleged violation of the law. Indeed, the Supreme Court has recognized that the acceptance of a pardon implies a “confession” of guilt. See Burdick, 236 U.S. at 94 (“[A pardon] carries an imputation of guilt; acceptance a confession of it.”); see also United States v. Schaffer, 240 F.3d 35, 38 (D.C. Cir. 2001) (“[A]cceptance of a pardon may imply a confession of guilt.” (citing In re North, 62 F.3d 1434, 1437 (D.C. Cir. 1994)). As Chief Justice Marshall wrote, “[a] pardon is an act of grace, proceeding from the power intrusted with the execution of the laws, which exempts the individual on whom it is bestowed, from the punishment the law inflicts for a crime he has committed.” United States v. Wilson, 32 U.S. 150, 150 (1833) (emphasis added). In other words, “a pardon does not blot out guilt or expunge a judgment of conviction.” In re North, 62 F.3d at 1437. Furthermore, a pardon cannot “erase a judgment of conviction, or its underlying legal and factual findings.” Arpaio, 2017 WL 4839072, at *1 (citing United States v. Crowell, 374 F.3d 790, 794 (9th Cir. 2004)); but see Schaffer, 240 F.3d at 38 (vacating “all opinions, judgments, and verdicts of this court and the District Court” where “[f]inality was never reached on the legal question of [the defendant’s] guilt” (emphasis added)).

Edited by washparkhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

I like the judges opinion. He makes it clear that Flynn by accepting the pardon is admitting guilt as a matter of law. The pardon in no way bestows innocence upon the party. In fact he goes further to say while the pardon is broad and says it applies to all crimes by Flynn, the judge is only ruling as it applies to the two charges he plead guilty to 

Most importantly, without injecting a bunch of opinion, he makes a strong case that the dismissal motion was not "on the up and up" and was, in fact, pretextual and directly at odds with positions the government had taken earlier in the case.  In other words, politically motivated bullshit.

• Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Most importantly, without injecting a bunch of opinion, he makes a strong case that the dismissal motion was not "on the up and up" and was, in fact, pretextual and directly at odds with positions the government had taken earlier in the case.

Facts. 

2 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

I like the judges opinion. He makes it clear that Flynn by accepting the pardon is admitting guilt as a matter of law. The pardon in no way bestows innocence upon the party. In fact he goes further to say while the pardon is broad and says it applies to all crimes by Flynn, the judge is only ruling as it applies to the two charges he plead guilty to 

Yeah, his pleading guilty twice kind of covered that part already. 

• 7 months later...
On 12/2/2020 at 3:27 PM, Gatorubet said:

Remember this excerpt above from the statement by Flynn? I do. SIAP.

• Rage+1 1

• 9 months later...
1 hour ago, wildcat09 said:

Of all the pieces of shit associated with Trump, Flynn might be the one I hate the most. Absolute bitchass piece of shit and a certified lunatic to boot. 

The fact that he was a Lieutenant General makes his behavior all the more reprehensible. 

Just now, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

is there any merit to this? is there any consequence if it goes south for Flynn?

Almost none.  This is why qualified immunity exists (FBI), and the prosecutors (DOJ, USA DC, and Special Counsel) enjoy complete immunity, as does, I believe the Executive Office of the President.

Flynn or his attorney may be sanctioned, but I think rather doubtful.  Jesse BInnall is one of the less outrageous Trump-identified attorneys (compared to say Sidney Powell).  He toes the line between aggressive and sanctionable fairly well.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...