Fitlump fucking won an Austin City Council seat

atomheartbevo

8 minutes ago, skittlebrau said:

Everyone has read those. That’s different from a first hand account of some of the shenanigans.

Those reddit comments I linked - plenty of people on there have mentioned knowing her, having worked with her, went to school with her, etc.

The thing is, she documented the shit out of her shenanigans. I'm honestly surprised we never got a sex tape of her and Lance released, assuming that actually happened.

Those reddit comments I linked - plenty of people on there have mentioned knowing her, having worked with her, went to school with her, etc.
The thing is, she documented the shit out of her shenanigans. I'm honestly surprised we never got a sex tape of her and Lance released, assuming that actually happened.
She probably tried to record it and he stopped her. Didn't want the singular nut going viral.

1 hour ago, Chewbacca said:
1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

She probably tried to record it and he stopped her. Didn't want the singular nut going viral.

NSFW

Based on what I know, everybody knows. Nobody cares. The GOP sees this as their best chance to get a partisan toehold at the municipal level. It’s a coordinated thing. 

I was a big fan of Troxclair when she was on council for the same reasons I like Cesar and Harper-Madison. She represented their district’s interests really well and conducted herself well on the dais. It’s a shame she would be a party to this, but that’s where we’re at.

Edited by Bozo_Casanova

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

I promise you that Ellen has no idea about Kelly's checkered past.  She would be radio silent on the entire District 6 race if she knew.  

She absolutely does. Everyone knows. No one wants to talk about it publicly. GOP probably think they can control her if she's elected. It's like they learned nothing from the failed Trump experiment. You can't control mental.

Edited by Pasken
  • Hook 'Em 3

Yeah, she probably knows.  Just a massive departure for Ellen from how she conducts herself in every other facet of her life.  But yeah, as stated above...that's where we're at...people completely abandoning every vestige of decency for somebody that slightly reminds them of their shitheap of choice in D.C.  Shame too, because she's really good people and while folks disagreed with her politics, she was (as stated above) respectful of her position and the public's trust in her and always pursued facts and decency while on Council.  More than Adler can say.  

4 minutes ago, skittlebrau said:

Everybody of influence knows. The voters don’t. I’ve blown plenty of neighbors minds by sharing a few links.

You're sharing a few links of plenty of neighbors blown?  No wonder Fitlump is polling ahead...

^

It was hyperbole dude, used to close out the lame joke before it.  "plenty of neighbors blow...no wonder this city is going to hell in a handbasket."  It was in that vein.  We're dealing with a borderline insane woman that the courts have ruled shouldn't near children or firearms that's about to get up on the City Council dais.  There's gonna be hyperbole and stupid shit on this thread.  Buckle in. 

Edited by Lobo

4 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

She does.   Troxclaire is thorough, if nothing.   Definitely has an idea of what's going on with Kelly. 

Yes, I confirmed that I know she knows several posts back.  It was just a moment of frustration and bummed-outness that so many good people are backing Fitlump because she has some bullshit aura of "MAGA" about her.  It's one in a long line of ruses that otherwise very intelligent people are falling for because it offers some semblance of normal/comfort to them.  Which is another fucked up concept for another time.  

Look, people want to protest, I get it. You have a combination of a bad year for everyone, some really poor leadership by the mayor, mishandling of homeless policy, riots this summer followed by poor messaging of a reassignment of some public safety duties and a total breakdown of labor relations with the police union, and the constant failure to get traction on the code rewrite despite a clear mandate from the voters, and all that with ongoing, coordinated efforts by TPPF (Troxclair’s employer) and the Texas GOP to poison civic consensus in the city of Austin and sabotage moving forward on purely municipal issues with no partisan import. 

It’s a bad time. But the cure can’t be worth than the disease, and replacing Flanagan with Kelly would be a disaster. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Look, people want to protest, I get it. You have a combination of a bad year for everyone, some really poor leadership by the mayor, mishandling of homeless policy, riots this summer followed by poor messaging of a reassignment of some public safety duties and a total breakdown of labor relations with the police union, and the constant failure to get traction on the code rewrite despite a clear mandate from the voters, and all that with ongoing, coordinated efforts by TPPF (Troxclair’s employer) and the Texas GOP to poison civic consensus in the city of Austin and sabotage moving forward on purely municipal issues with no partisan import. 

It’s a bad time. But the cure can’t be worth than the disease, and replacing Flanagan with Kelly would be a disaster. 

Council was 1 reading away from passing land use reform until a judge stopped the process. You can't put that on the mayor or council. 

6 minutes ago, Pasken said:

Council was 1 reading away from passing land use reform until a judge stopped the process. You can't put that on the mayor or council. 

I don't, but if it's not one thing it's another. People are mad. I understand the urge to vote against the status quo. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova

21 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

It’s really hit me in 2016 and 2020 at a national level, for obvious reason. It certainly had to do with each party’s candidates but also I’m just getting older, more jaded and less and less interested in politics. As a kid I was enamored with Reagan and Bush. I loved W, and had respect for Clinton and even Obama. Since the ‘12 election when I was 34, I think the bigger factor is the quality of candidates (in each party in multiple national, regional and local elections) has gone way downhill, and my attitude is the lesser factor. But I don’t know. 

Wasn't a kid but was enamored with Reagan's daughter's bush. 

5 hours ago, Anastasis said:

I am seeing her signs pop up in quite a few places and every time I see one I realize that surly is indeed the center of the universe. 

If Surly is the center of the universe, then we know what must be done:

7 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

Fuck it. I may as well run for a seat.

source.gif

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Speaking of radio, seems like some of the radio stations would love to do a deep dive on this stuff, if they knew about it or saw the reddit threads.

One would think. But they might also want to talk to someone who was directly involved rather than just reading reddit threads on air.

11 hours ago, Underdog said:

Strangest Dear Penthouse letter I've read in a long time.  

It has inspired MacKenzie to remix the hit 80's song by Falco into "Fuck Me On-the-Dais"  

On 12/4/2020 at 1:27 PM, Dr. Beeper said:

No she’s not. Lol.  If she’s being vetted for bigger things the GOP in Texas is utterly retarded and I might as well stop voting altogether. 

John Cornyn retweeted her yesterday. Like I was saying, she’s being positioned for bigger things and is benefitting from a coordinated effort.

Edited by Bozo_Casanova

51 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

They have a purpose and that’s a GOP voice in the middle of a fucking circus. Once that circus chews her up the GOP machine will spit her out. She’s not being groomed. Christ. 

The same GOP that welcomes Owen Shroyer and sends Louis Gohmert to congress will spit out Mackenzie Kelly? Nah, dawg.

She may flame out on her own, but they aren’t going to cast her aside for anything other than losing. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Falling out of GOP favor due to losing, or flaming out of ACC, is totally different than “being positioned for greater things.”  She’s not being positioned for anything other than a hopeful conservative voice within the ACC. Her political career has a Tiny House ceiling exactly at the ACC. 

I cannot fucking believe this is a real discussion. 

I’m just telling you what I’ve been told; she’s  viewed as someone with ability and potential and her past inoculates her from attack more than it makes her vulnerable.
Nobody thinks she’s congressional material, but state leg? Sure.
Welcome to 2020. 

Yeah, I could see State Rep. or even a run at State Senator.  The map of district 6 cuts through a lot of State Legislative districts.  I'm sure a handful of surly posters knows her exact address, or least how to find her duplex at 3am (no judgement).   She could be in Bucy (136), Israel (50), maybe even Hinojosa or Howard.  She could still move while serving on City Council into one of those districts so long as she's there 1 full year prior to running for that state seat.  She strikes me as someone who moves around a lot, so that should't be an issue.  Of course, the maps are gonna undergo a massive redraw, particularly here in Central Texas for the 2022 races so I'm guessing she'll hold tight for now. 

But I could the RPT (particularly TCRP) running FitLump against Celia Israel or Bucy, two Democrats who are drawn into pretty "moderate" districts, at least by Central Texas standards.  Hinojosa and Howard are in "safer" Democratic districts, and as such are more left of Israel and Bucy.  Would be a fool's errands to move against them in 2022, barring some insane redistricting.  So I could see the GOP powers talking Mackenzie into doing some sort of kamikazee mission like that.  I could also see Buckinham and Campbell talk her into running against Eckhart in 2022 when her 14 seat is next up for general.  

I don't see what else she could do though, U.S. House is out of the question.  The GOP is deadly serious about how Central Texas is particularly drawn and who, in particular, gets to run to preserve the seats they manage to get out of this area.  They're not gonna burn that on a cos-play villain from an Ann Gillian movie on Lifetime Network.  She has no law degree, she won't win anything statewide.  I think a comical voice on the City Hall dais is about as good as it gets for her.  But she's gonna blow somebody on the redistricting committee in the Capitol Annex and get a favorable draw in NW Austin to run for the State House in 2022 or 2024.  

Edited by Lobo

• immamac changed the title to Fitlump fucking won an Austin City Council seat