Fitlump fucking won an Austin City Council seat

atomheartbevo

16 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

How do fundraisers work with candidates at vastly different levels? Is it a 99-1 split? Does Sessions get 100% but she has an opportunity to talk to donors hoping they will throw some money her way? $25 or $50 to stop talking to them. I’ve never been to a fundraiser when candidates are there so I have no idea.

It's been 20 years since I did that stuff (W's presidential campaign, and gubernatorial campaign in the 90s),  @Bozo_Casanova probably knows more these days and about these smaller fundraisers - the only ones I attended were focused on a specific candidate.

But from what I recall, it came down to what the fundraiser was intended to do.  If it's a Sessions fundraiser, she ain't getting shit, other than access to potential donors.  She may even have to buy her own ticket/make a contribution (using her own campaign funds) to get in, but maybe not - if she could promise to bring in X amount of solid attendees/donors, she could probably get in free.   But I wouldn't be surprised if she paid for her photo op with Sessions.

If it's a Travis County GOP fundraiser, I don't think she would get much, if anything, outside of being mentioned on the mailers/tweets/Facebook likes/etc.  From what I recall, they were more focused on get-out-the-vote stuff and up-ballot races.   She gets to rub elbows/high-five people.

My guess is that she's hitting all of these fundraisers to network for a future race.   They are probably costing her money (out of her campaign chest), and she's not getting a lot of social media traction out of them.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Her attempts to fit in with the movers and shakers in Austin business and politics are unrivaled except by her texts begging one-nut Lance to give it to her 15 seconds of attention.

Let’s not go crazy. These “movers and shakers” are part of the irrelevant Travis County GOP and random ass conspiracy theorists. Not anyone of actual note in Austin.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, skittlebrau said:

Let’s not go crazy. These “movers and shakers” are part of the irrelevant Travis County GOP and random ass conspiracy theorists. Not anyone of actual note in Austin.

That’s for sure. The only thing the Travis County GOPers can move is theIr bowels every now & then. 

19 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Got nothing against her.  But was wildly inappropriate of her to make up Kuato in blackface for her knee/yardsign photo.  

Edited by Lobo

her name came up in a conversation re: the elections on my neighborhood ND, someone posted she was a 'legit nut' and suggested people 'dig into her background...she doesn't belong in any elected position' heh

so which one of you was it?  😋

it does have the most likes of any post in the thread lol

• Hook 'Em 2

• immamac changed the title to Fitlump fucking won an Austin City Council seat