Fitlump fucking won an Austin City Council seat

atomheartbevo

21 hours ago, hookemATL said:

I believe there is a 100% correlation between serial killer rapists and guys that tuck their t-shirts into jeans sans belt.  What a fucking goober.

I’ll take it a step further, I’m not sure the belt saves the act of tucking a t-shirt in, period. It’s fucking weird no matter how you slice it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

You can buy fake Twitter followers from a number of sites that sell them. I just looked at one of them, and you can buy 1000 followers for $75. The more you buy, the cheaper they are. And other sites sell them even cheaper. I'm pretty sure this is how she got the bulk of her followers.

I also think she has personally created a few sock Twitter accounts that "like", retweet and reply to her posts. If you go through the likes on her tweets, you'll see a few fishy looking anonymous accounts that consistently like and retweet her stuff. I'm pretty sure those are her socks. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Foggy Notion said:

You can buy fake Twitter followers from a number of sites that sell them. I just looked at one of them, and you can buy 1000 followers for $75. The more you buy, the cheaper they are. And other sites sell them even cheaper. I'm pretty sure this is how she got the bulk of her followers.

I also think she has personally created a few sock Twitter accounts that "like", retweet and reply to her posts. If you go through the likes on her tweets, you'll see a few fishy looking anonymous accounts that consistently like and retweet her stuff. I'm pretty sure those are her socks. 

She wouldn’t pay the fee to get on the ballot bc she had to use her campaign funds buy fake followers, pay for signs she planted and then posted about, and had to pay for access to hob-knob with real elected officials. 

Also lots of photoshop for horn removal from campaign materials 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Foggy Notion said:

I have a few twitter accounts tied to sites I manage, where I get at least half a dozen emails and messages every week offering me followers.  $75 for a thousand seems steep, but like you said, bulk discounts are available.  Some of the offers I get tout that they can provide accounts that look like they are from specific geographic areas, or in specific industries, etc., and they can also have them retweet, etc. if you pay a little extra.

Would be interesting to run her twitter account through one of the analytics sites and see if any of her followers ping as bots.  I'm guessing so, because there's no way she's accumulated 20,000 followers organically, given that she's running for a city council least.

With that said, she's thrown out some Qanon slogans, so it's possible they latched on to her.  That could boost her follows, but it does very little to help her race.

10 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I have a few twitter accounts tied to sites I manage, where I get at least half a dozen emails and messages every week offering me followers.  $75 for a thousand seems steep...

I knew Twitter was bullshit but good Lord.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, B00M said:

I knew Twitter was bullshit but good Lord.

Yeah, it's really bad.  If you poke around, there's a lot of studies about it out there.   And if you are a major twitter presence like Trump or a Kardashian or whatever, you are not necessarily having to pay for them - instead, you're getting followed by tons of bots that are throwing out likes and retweets of your posts on various hashtags to get their accounts noticed and followed.   Not that you want to F5 somebody like Trump or a Kardashian, but if you were to do so, when they put out a tweet or retweet, you will see an insane amount of likes/retweets/etc. within seconds, far faster than a human being could react and retweet.  It's like bots buying up new NVIDIA cards.

I know they say there are 330 million accounts active every month, but someday we are going to find out there's like a few million actual human beings active on twitter, many of whom have lots of alts, and and tens of millions of human beings who setup a twitter account, and then did nothing - they just wanted to follow whoever they are stalking interested in, and then hundreds of millions of bots.

So I wondered if she bought her followers - if she did, she didn't do it recently for her political campaign.  I dug through Archive.org, about the best source of historical info for twitter.  Unfortunately there is a gap between when she started in 2009 and 2013, but I think if she bought any at any point, it was before 2013, and then possibly again in 2015, and then what we see here in 2020 is the remnants of that earlier bunch.

With that said, somebody with a better memory and who was closer to the situation, could probably line up certain online events of hers that match up to the follower numbers.  It's possible that tens of thousands of horny young men caught wind of her back in the early 2010s.

October of 2019 to now is remarkably steady.

October of last year, she had around 20,000 followers.

October of 2018, she had 33,000 followers.

February of 2018, she had 41,000 followers.

February of 2016, she had 43,000 followers

March of 2015, she had 49,000 followers

January of 2014, she had 37,000 followers

October of 2013, she had 37,000 followers

February of 2009, she had 9 followers

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

Yeah, it's really bad.  If you poke around, there's a lot of studies about it out there.   And if you are a major twitter presence like Trump or a Kardashian or whatever, you are not necessarily having to pay for them - instead, you're getting followed by tons of bots that are throwing out likes and retweets of your posts on various hashtags to get their accounts noticed and followed.   Not that you want to F5 somebody like Trump or a Kardashian, but if you were to do so, when they put out a tweet or retweet, you will see an insane amount of likes/retweets/etc. within seconds, far faster than a human being could react and retweet.  It's like bots buying up new NVIDIA cards.

I know they say there are 330 million accounts active every month, but someday we are going to find out there's like a few million actual human beings active on twitter, many of whom have lots of alts, and and tens of millions of human beings who setup a twitter account, and then did nothing - they just wanted to follow whoever they are stalking interested in, and then hundreds of millions of bots.

So I wondered if she bought her followers - if she did, she didn't do it recently for her political campaign.  I dug through Archive.org, about the best source of historical info for twitter.  Unfortunately there is a gap between when she started in 2009 and 2013, but I think if she bought any at any point, it was before 2013, and then possibly again in 2015, and then what we see here in 2020 is the remnants of that earlier bunch.

With that said, somebody with a better memory and who was closer to the situation, could probably line up certain online events of hers that match up to the follower numbers.  It's possible that tens of thousands of horny young men caught wind of her back in the early 2010s.

October of 2019 to now is remarkably steady.

October of last year, she had around 20,000 followers.

October of 2018, she had 33,000 followers.

February of 2018, she had 41,000 followers.

February of 2016, she had 43,000 followers

March of 2015, she had 49,000 followers

January of 2014, she had 37,000 followers

October of 2013, she had 37,000 followers

February of 2009, she had 9 followers

I ran her account through TwitterAudit, which is a site that can tell you if an account is fake or how many fake followers and account has. Right now it says that 60% of her followers are real and 40% are fake.

48-BDEF8-E-FE09-443-E-B07-B-13-F1-D90421

I did the same thing 2 or 3 years ago and posted the results. I think it was on TOS. I don't remember the exact numbers, but I'm pretty sure her percentage of fake followers was quite a bit higher back then. IMO the reason you see a decrease in followers since her high mark of 49k in 2015 is because she probably deleted a bunch of the ones that were bad, obvious fakes in order to get her percentage of fake followers down.

I'm sure she's picked up some new real followers since she started this city council run. But the only other time she has gotten any real traction online that would have resulted in Twitter follows was when the Gamergate fiasco happened in late 2014. She probably picked up some followers then who were actually real people which explains part of the increase in followers between Jan 2014 and March 2015. 

Edited by Foggy Notion

1 hour ago, Foggy Notion said:

I'm sure she's picked up some new real followers since she started this city council run. But the only other time she has gotten any real traction online that would have resulted in Twitter follows was when the Gamergate fiasco happened in late 2014. She probably picked up some followers then who were actually real people which explains part of the increase in followers between Jan 2014 and March 2015. 

I forgot all about Gamergate - yeah, I'd bet that is where a shit-ton of her followers came from during that era, and many of them would have been real.

She's thrown out a Qanon slogan or two, so if there's been a recent uptick, I'd attribute it to that.

Her Zoom game is absolute shit.  One candidate has an American flag that was used in a burial or flown somewhere important behind her, another has a virtual background with a nice big campaign sign, Flannigan has a Central Texas backdrop.

And Fitlump has fucking $10 mini-blinds behind her, in a generic-looking apartment/house.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Continental Op said:

"How can you help Asians in Austin?"

"MY WHITE DAUGHTER GOES TO A SCHOOL WHERE SHE IS THE MINORITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" 

That was an odd answer.

And also, she somehow thinks that a City Council seat is what's going to help Americans live out the American Dream or something.

I'm telling y'all, she's going to be running again two years from now.

Edited by atomheartbevo

1 hour ago, B00M said:

Transportation seemed like the only question fitlump had prepared for. 

Dr Jen was new to me and pretty impressive, clearly the most capable of the challengers: https://drjenforatx.com/

Which is funny, given that she was president of Take Back Austin.  I didn't see the whole thing, was hard to watch, although fitlump randomly breaking into a huge grin was off-putting, almost like she had a timer going that she had to smile big every X amount of minutes, but I'd have liked it if the host asked her who we need to take back Austin from.

Dr. Jen did impress.

24 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Which is funny, given that she was president of Take Back Austin.  I didn't see the whole thing, was hard to watch, although fitlump randomly breaking into a huge grin was off-putting, almost like she had a timer going that she had to smile big every X amount of minutes, but I'd have liked it if the host asked her who we need to take back Austin from.

Dr. Jen did impress.

that's when someone flipped some tokens to her and set off her lush

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, B00M said:

Dr Jen was new to me and pretty impressive, clearly the most capable of the challengers: https://drjenforatx.com/

From a city policy perspective she's identical to Kelly but she's less overtly ideological, and clearly a better and more cogent representative of the growing intersection of  KLBJ/ANC politics..

Remember - everything, EVERYTHING in Austin politics orbits around the politics of land use. Of course there are separate issues, but like the sun, the gravity of land use politics pulls those issues and coalitions together in clumps. For example, the new urbanist wing sort of coincidentally happen be the criminal justice reform wing. The "quality of life" anti-new-anything  wing also happens to be the old SOS wing, even though SOS was originally against sprawl and new urbanism ostensibly results in less sprawl. So, SOS has more or less changed their position that growth should be directed to suburbs that aren't over the watershed and that the "environment" of Central Austin is more important. Sitting members of council have even conjectured about ways to move jobs out of downtown outside the boundary of 183. 
Historically, conservatives on the council (Troxclair, Zimmerman and many others) voted with the new urbanists because property rights and liberty align with less prescriptive zoning. 

But - there's lot of policy overlap between the Tovo wing of council and what Dr. Jen and Kelly are pushing. It's the same nexus that the Trump admin is reaching with their nonsense about how the liberals are out to destroy the suburbs. While she's willfully and very seriously misrepresenting the facts, particularly on the zoning stuff, Dr. Jen is by far the best at staking out the territory. Be interesting to see if her approach is too polished, especially since Kelly is going right at the MAGA crowd in their own terms. 

• immamac changed the title to Fitlump fucking won an Austin City Council seat