Fitlump fucking won an Austin City Council seat

atomheartbevo

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

I was thinking D6 was more a state of mind, that transcends city boundaries.

But, given that Mr. "No fees on hiking trails" Whoever injected himself into the race and has a little traction, it's pretty Austin-ish after all.

District 6 is a wide spreader, isn't it?  I think River Place is in there, and those people never shut the fuck up about the fees on their trail and whether they own it or the city owns it and why are there so many assholes in our neighborhood on our trail who don't live here and on and on and on.  I suspect whoever this new candidate is may live in River Place.  District 6 also surrounds the entirety of Steiner Ranch, without including it, so I'm surprised no candidate has raised concerns about how they can best keep an eye on all those swingers.

2 hours ago, Armybrat said:

Back story plz!

May be hard to do without doxing myself even more on here.  

My wife (girlfriend/fiancée at the time) had a job in CC where she was known in the area.  Old Thomas J was drunk and riding around CC in his limo bar hopping one night and didn't want to accept "no" from my wife that she didn't want to join him for the evening.  I wasn't originally at the same bar and when I arrived he thought he was going to play the role of Mr. tough guy.  Once he realized I was 5 inches or so taller than him and he didn't have any of his boys around he quickly changed his tune and left.  I think he was married to his first wife at the time but he always had other women out with him.  

He tried to buddy up with me at a party one night a few months later.  I told him to fuck off.  

• Hook 'Em 1

On 10/4/2020 at 1:11 PM, atomheartbevo said:

No hiking trail fees?

Shit, in Austin that will pull in a lot of votes.

On 10/4/2020 at 9:33 PM, tbone_ said:

What part of town is D6?

On 10/4/2020 at 11:08 PM, atomheartbevo said:

Cedar Park.

On 10/5/2020 at 6:56 AM, Armybrat said:

Westwood HS area is CoA.

Cedar Park is a separate charted city with its own set of dumbasses just like Austin.

I doubt any of those fuckers that far north go to any trails in CoA. 

But I do have a question, the homeless can camp anywhere they fucking well please which includes in the greenbelt. But tax paying citizens have to pay to use said trails? I assume our taxes already goes to paying for those trails anyway. So we're being taxed twice? 

Can normal tax paying, law abiding people just dress like hobos, claim to be a protected class, and use the trails for free? 

1 hour ago, Pasken said:

She has spent very little of the money she has raised so far which is odd this close to the election: http://www.austintexas.gov/edims/document.cfm?id=348114

That reinforces my theory that she plans on running for a future office.  From what little I read, if you run for office in Texas, and lose, you can roll that money either into another campaign in the future, or you can donate it to the candidates of your choice, pay back loans, etc..  

I think after the election, she will have to keep the treasurer position filled (herself) and still make reports as long as there is money in the coffers, but she can use it elsewhere.

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

That reinforces my theory that she plans on running for a future office.  From what little I read, if you run for office in Texas, and lose, you can roll that money either into another campaign in the future, or you can donate it to the candidates of your choice, pay back loans, etc..  

I think after the election, she will have to keep the treasurer position filled (herself) and still make reports as long as there is money in the coffers, but she can use it elsewhere.

1 hour ago, BurntEyes said:

You know, for as much shit as we give her for being an idiot, I bet she runs a tight, savvy grift game. So I agree.

Based on what others have said here, this can help buy herself into many fundraisers to raise her profile.

4 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Occam's razor: She's going to drink it all at "The Mill Bar and Grill" on Anderson Mill where she drinks every day anyway, and justify it as an expense for all of the people that "helped" her.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Orange&White said:

Occam's razor: She's going to drink it all at "The Mill Bar and Grill" on Anderson Mill where she drinks every day anyway, and justify it as an expense for all of the people that "helped" her.

“Campaign strategy meeting”

• Hook 'Em 2

On 10/4/2020 at 9:57 AM, Lobo said:

Didn't hear much about this until this weekend, but another candidate has entered the District 6 race against Fitlump and Flannigan.  Somebody running on a campaign of no hiking trail fees in NW Austin.  I dunno.  Seems like that'd be her jam, but the race is now officially more complex and likely heading to a 'runoff' 

playoff.jpg.e51779336577a8d349ed71b9f6d9ee7f.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2

27 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

She’s being ridiculed on Twitter about that by some new industrious upstart.  Wonder how long it lasts. 

Ha! in the comments:

https://publish.twitter.com/?query=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2FDrBeeper2%2Fstatus%2F1314289410469498883&widget=Tweet

Nice job, Dr. B.

Edited by J.R. Juniors Junior Jr.
  • Haha 1

• immamac changed the title to Fitlump fucking won an Austin City Council seat