Fitlump fucking won an Austin City Council seat

atomheartbevo

7 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

From having skimmed the employment lawsuits, she voluntarily left one job for another and the first job accused her of stealing trade secrets/confidential information.  The accusation seems kind of iffy.

The big lie there is that she was laid off.

I think she is claiming she was laid off from the 2nd job.

Falling out of GOP favor due to losing, or flaming out of ACC, is totally different than “being positioned for greater things.”  She’s not being positioned for anything other than a hopeful conservative voice within the ACC. Her political career has a Tiny House ceiling exactly at the ACC. 
I cannot fucking believe this is a real discussion. 

98989c8123092d4a4de68359b61b3107.gif

7 hours ago, Captainant said:

She's a wildly unqualified, grifting, dishonest demagogue who has aligned herself with the most vocal and violent portion of her constituency. What about that isn't congruous with the GOP? It's a pretty good alignment with party leadership

She's pretty much a more authentic Dan Patrick.

• Haha 1

AC story about how she had an Infowars contributor make a video for her.  Totally mainstream candidate.

https://www.austinchronicle.com/daily/news/2020-12-08/council-candidate-tapped-infowars-contributor-to-make-campaign-video/

Council Candidate Tapped Infowars Contributor to Make Campaign Video

Mackenzie Kelly campaign's finance report tells the tale

By Austin Sanders, 4:25PM, Tue. Dec. 8, 2020

kelly_video_resized.jpg
Mackenzie Kelly in the campaign video edited by Harrison Hill Smith

An Infowars contributor produced a video for City Council candidate Mackenzie Kelly’s campaign, records show. In Kelly’s Oct. 26 campaign finance report, an in-kind contribution of $400 is listed from an “H. Smith” for “video editing and campaign video.”

The address listed in the report is the one where Harrison Hill Smith, the name he uses to advertise his video production services, is registered to vote.

Along with praising Kelly on his show, Smith has also interviewed members of the Groyper Army, described by the Anti-Defamation League as “a white supremacist group that presents its ideology as more nuanced than other groups in the white supremacist sphere.” The group generally adheres to a hardline “American First” ideology that opposes all forms of immigration to the US, as well as LGBTQ rights. The Groypers have gained fame online by confronting other conservative activists, such as the Trumpist youth group Turning Point USA, for not being explicit in their support of white nationalism.

Smith’s Twitter feed features the kind of anti-Semitic, anti-Islam, racist, and homophobic rhetoric associated with other Infowars stars. On Oct. 20 he tweeted, “The Middle School that I went to was named after a guy who executed Muslims with bullets dipped in pig blood, then buried their bodies alongside pig carcasses to eternally deny them paradise.” In a reply, he added, “They had to make up a new rank for him because ‘Five-Star General’ wasn't badass enough.” He’s referring to World War I and Philippine occupation commander John J. Pershing; the pigs’ blood story has been widely debunked.

Smith also promotes COVID-19 and “globalist” – a white supremacist codeword used to identify Jewish involvement – conspiracy theories on his Twitter feed and Infowars show. As of this publication, Kelly was following Smith on Twitter, so it is plausible that she has seen some of his bigoted rhetoric. Kelly did not return requests for comment from the Chronicle, but her campaign manager, Andy Hogue, confirmed that Smith produced the video for the campaign.

Hogue told us that Kelly was offered a free campaign video, and she took it. But, he added, “If I would have known about it I would have said something. Kelly’s running her campaign, she’s really the one calling the shots here.” He also noted that just because Kelly accepted the video doesn’t mean that she’s connected to the Austin-based conspiracy-driven media site founded by Alex Jones. “This is just someone who works at Infowars who does freelance video on the side who offered us a video for free.” Hogue said the campaign has no plans to take the video down; it’s one of the most-watched videos on her campaign’s Facebook page.

The Smith contribution is not Kelly’s only connection to a prominent personality at Infowars. Owen Shroyer, who appeared on Infowars along with Smith to endorse the white-nationalist manifesto of the gunman who killed 51 people at a mosque in New Zealand, was a featured speaker at a June event hosted by the Travis County Republican Party. Kelly tweeted a clip of Shroyer speaking at the event, adding “he knew who I was before I recognized him.”

She also tweeted a photo she took with the conspiracy theorist, but after being called out Kelly tweeted “I definitely don’t align with him in all areas he believes in. This is one of those areas. Now that I’m aware, I can speak to the whole picture. Really, I appreciate this.” The original video she posted, and the photo of her and Shroyer, remain on her public Twitter feed.

Edited by J.R. Juniors Junior Jr.

1 hour ago, RDCanecutter said:

She's pretty much a more authentic Dan Patrick.

I disagree, Dan Patrick looks much better in plaid oxfords and roper jeans than She does.  Admittedly, she looks better in a red dress...but i mean...fucking BARELY! 

Interesting. 

Her custody case was sealed on April 14, 2020. 

But from the records online, she filed a petition + an affidavit of indigency when the opened the case, and then the next month there is a "Contest of Affidavit" filed. I can't see the actual documents, becasue they are sealed - but usually it's the District Clerk saying "we think this person lied on their sworn affidavit of indigency and they should in fact be forced to pay filing fees and other costs."

175764234_ScreenShot2020-12-09at12_08_41AM.png.c4c6601cfcf815807a898cfdc9cc804a.png

So, one assumes, back in 2014, she was willing to lie on a sworn affidavit and got found out about it. 

Too bad the entire file is sealed. I understand sealing the file as it relates to the kid, but that seems like it may be something that is important to know about a candidate for public office. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Oh shit.  Once an aggie player with a very complicated name got in trouble.  A texags poster said a similar thing.  Anybody remember the player?  The name was african IIRC

You’re close. It was an OU DB named Chijoke Ongenacho or something close to that. And the response was hey, maybe it’s a different Chijoke Ongenacho?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

A city council race does not require $125k+ of consulting fees.  Add on staffers, volunteer events, cost of funds, media buys, social media outreach.  A city council seat doesn't require a half million dollars to campaign for.  That's some weird shit.  

4 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Yeah I looked at that company yesterday.  Tommy Larsen and some guy named Josh DeFord are also employees.  Got to be some kind of personal tie in.

It gets better, Reddit chasing down stuff, @Lobo or @Bozo_Casanova or whoever, may find this interesting.  

In case that doesn’t embed

I did a quick search and another group that used Pinpoint Action was Our Mobility Our Future, which opposed Proposition A: https://www.austintexas.gov/edims/document.cfm?id=349347

Bob Cornelius, who ran for Cedar Park City Council #2: https://www.cedarparktexas.gov/home/showpublisheddocument?id=15577

Ann Richardson, who ran for Mayor of Cedar Park: https://www.cedarparktexas.gov/home/showdocument?id=15231

They seem to be running campaigns for multiple groups in the Austin area, and I also tried finding anything attesting to this company existing with ACTIVE status. Found nothing. I searched the Tennessee Secretary of State's page too and nothing came up for them. I did this since their LinkedIn claimed an office in Tennessee.

So they do not appear to be a taxable entity anywhere, in three states. Yet they are collecting tens of thousands of dollars for multiple campaigns around here. As for Flannigan's consulting firm, it does appear on the Texas Comptroller website.

Anyway, I do not know anything about the law in this area. I am curious though how many other groups/individuals have used their services and over the course of what amount of time.

2 minutes ago, Lobo said:

A city council race does not require $125k+ of consulting fees.  Add on staffers, volunteer events, cost of funds, media buys, social media outreach.  A city council seat doesn't require a half million dollars to campaign for.  That's some weird shit.  

How the hell is she raising this much money?

This whole thing just took a turn for the even more bizarre.  

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

How the hell is she raising this much money?

This whole thing just took a turn for the even more bizarre.  

There are also 2 PACS that are raising money on her behalf along with the D10 GOP candidate. It's hard to know what the groups are spending per candidate but according to Jack Carver's newsletter this is the money just for the runoffs: 

Had Enough Austin? (Conservative group opposing Flannigan & Alter): $116k

SafeTX (conservatives against Flannigan & Alter): $70k

• immamac changed the title to Fitlump fucking won an Austin City Council seat