Joe Biden Veepstakes 2020

Hugo Stiglitz

21 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Biden is going to drag this VP shit out until July.  At least that’s my prediction.   

They’ve already announced they won’t be finished vetting until July.

(we all know vetting has been going on for a while)

I keep imagining how much better a place we would be in during this pandemic if Warren were our president.  She would be a great pick (and in the interest of full disclosure, I early voted for her in the primary).  Is it more important for the party and voter turnout to have a minority on the ticket?  I don't know - I'm not politically astute enough to predict the outcome of going one way or another.  But I'd feel damned good if Warren were to succeed Biden as the presidential candidate in 2024.  

• Like 2

With Joe Biden’s age, I want the best option available to be president if he goes down. Biden already has the black vote and is 100x the candidate in the Midwest HRC could ever be IMO. Most people countrywide have already made up their mind I would venture and this shouldn’t be a difficult to understand post analysis.

Warren probably got a ten point plan for that like some Leslie Knope freak.

I don't think he should take the black vote for granted. He needs to reward it by picking a strong black woman. Warren can work anywhere in the administration and shine. She is so fucking capable. And she is also passed 70. The Veep he picks is going to have first dibs at a presidential run once Biden is out of the picture.

I am not a big fan of Harris but I can live with her.  My issue is her being cozy with cops and with how she treated the back page owners for political points.  But those are minor points in today's environment. I am more intrigued by Stacy Abrams but am admittedly not sure she has the name recognition and gravitas as Harris or even Val Demmings. The core of the party is black women. Make them energized with your pick and you will fucking own. 

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

I don't think he should take the black vote for granted. He needs to reward it by picking a strong black woman. Warren can work anywhere in the administration and shine. She is so fucking capable. And she is also passed 70. The Veep he picks is going to have first dibs at a presidential run once Biden is out of the picture.

I am not a big fan of Harris but I can live with her.  My issue is her being cozy with cops and with how she treated the back page owners for political points.  But those are minor points in today's environment. I am more intrigued by Stacy Abrams but am admittedly not sure she has the name recognition and gravitas as Harris or even Val Demmings. The core of the party is black women. Make them energized with your pick and you will fucking own. 

Stacey Abrams is having a joint interview w/Biden on MSNBC tonight around 9 with Lawrence O Donnell if interested. Pretty sure it’s a dry run to gauge sentiment and see how she responds to all the attention.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, burntorangebongos said:

i think abrams is ready to be vice-president.  i don't think she's remotely ready to be president.  unfortunately, right now we need somebody who is ready to do either.

• Like 1

I questioned Obama as being too inexperienced but he had a lot of abilities that I was unaware of and pleasantly surprised by. HIs lack of experience in governance did lead to some poor decisions on strategy and policy, but he was very willing to listen to expert opinions in his decision making and make effective arguments to get people on his side once he settled on a decision.

I get that vibe from Abrams but truly she has a harder row to hoe to make people believe and follow her than he did. I don't know that she'll be able to overcome it. Joe would seem that he was taking a flyer if he chose her and I don't see him as the sort to take big risks. 

Abrams is not qualified to be President and therefore Vice President.  The fact she’s being considered for one of the most potentially consequential positions in American History is a bit ludicrous given her experience or lack there of. 

(Cue but Donald Trump!)

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

3 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

With Joe Biden’s age, I want the best option available to be president if he goes down. Biden already has the black vote and is 100x the candidate in the Midwest HRC could ever be IMO. Most people countrywide have already made up their mind I would venture and this shouldn’t be a difficult to understand post analysis.

Warren probably got a ten point plan for that like some Leslie Knope freak.

I agree with both of these posts. 

30 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

The sooner you people (yep I said you people) come to grips with the fact the VP will NOT be Elizabeth Warren, the happier you will be.

No fucking way will she be the choice.

Typical Democrat mentality.  Don’t even fight, because you can’t win.  And I’m going to be pissed regardless so might as well shoot for the best case scenario. 

Do I think Biden picks Warren?  Yeah, I think the moment calls for it.  If the economy was strong and we weren’t in a global pandemic/depression, I’d say no way Biden picks Warren but the reality is Biden is going to need Warren at the table to help him clean up this mess.  

Warren is the VP that makes the most sense for this moment in history.  However, I’m prepared for Biden to fuck this up and pick Harris.  It’s going to be either Warren or Harris. All the others options are just for show.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

9 hours ago, burntorangebongos said:

Without black women Roy Moore would be a senator.

It doesn’t matter where you put Warren, she will leave any department in better shape than when she found it.  Which is exactly why she should be as close to the ultimate decision maker as possible. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Like 2

Stacey carrying water for the Biden Campaign. 

Rising Star.

3 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

It doesn’t matter where you put Warren, she will leave any department in better shape than when she found it.  Which is exactly why she should be as close to the ultimate decision maker as possible. 

Good point. Department heads often see the President more often than the VP. She will also need authority to act - which is not given to the VP.

So which Department? Treasury? HHS? Justice?

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The optics of a VP debate between Mike Pence, head of the coronavirus task force, and Elizabeth Warren, whose brother died from the coronavirus...

I would be shocked if there were debates.  Pence (and trump) aren't agreeing to debate anyone.