Joe Biden Veepstakes 2020

Hugo Stiglitz

Schiff and Porter are my two favorite congress folks, but I don't know that either of them would be an effective speaker.  It's a special skill, and most work happens behind the scenes. 

I'd rather see those two as committee chairs, and ultimately, one of them to take Feinstein's spot.   There's nothing more satisfying than watching Katie Porter cut a bitch, and she does it often. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Who the hell is Karen Bass?  I’m not getting the “ready to take over at a moment’s notice” vibe here.

She's a hell of a lot more qualified to hold the office than its current occupant. Of course, so is the big juicy turd I just released a few minutes ago, so that's not saying much.

10 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Looks like Karen Bass is going down in flames.   She's got Castro connections that won't go over well in Florida. 

Agreed from a tactical perspective. Florida could be the kill shot and sacrificing it for a relatively unknown VP choice would be a pretty dumb thing to do. 

• Hook 'Em 1

At first glance I don’t see any way Bass results in additional votes for Biden over any other VP candidate, and I don’t see a good case for her being ready to be president.  I suppose the argument for Bass is her ability to be effective in the role of Vice President, as she seems to have a pretty good record in the House.

Of the 3 main criteria to use for picking a running mate (1. Ability to help win the election, 2. Readiness to be president, and 3. Ability to act as VP), she only checks 1 of the boxes for me, and I think there are others on the list that check 2 or have an argument for all 3.  So picking her would be disappointing for me (but obviously would not affect my vote).  But I can certainly see why Biden would value the ability to be an effective VP over all else, as he himself probably does not expect to die in the next 8 years, and he probably (smartly) doesn’t view the pick as having a major impact on the election.

Edited by Snake Diggity

I really wish Biden hadn't painted himself into a corner with the "picking a woman as my VP".  I have zero issues with a woman as VP or President.   But if the pool was wide open and THEN he picked a woman, I think it plays better. 

I dont have a man in mind for VP but it would be a better view if EVERYONE was in play rather than just some.

And would someone please tell me what Susan Rice brings to the table?  I realize that a warm bowl of spit is more qualified than our current POTUS but we have be considering who might be POTUS BEFORE the end of 2024 possibly.  Not who runs in 2024.

1 hour ago, Macanudo said:

I really wish Biden hadn't painted himself into a corner with the "picking a woman as my VP".  I have zero issues with a woman as VP or President.   But if the pool was wide open and THEN he picked a woman, I think it plays better. 

I dont have a man in mind for VP but it would be a better view if EVERYONE was in play rather than just some.

And would someone please tell me what Susan Rice brings to the table?  I realize that a warm bowl of spit is more qualified than our current POTUS but we have be considering who might be POTUS BEFORE the end of 2024 possibly.  Not who runs in 2024.

Biden trusts her.  Their offices were next door to one another.  He watched her in action for 4 years.  Biden probably knows more about Rice than just about anyone.

Meanwhile,  she's dead to me now

9 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Biden trusts her.  Their offices were next door to one another.  He watched her in action for 4 years.  Biden probably knows more about Rice than just about anyone.

That’s a big ‘nope’ from me 

looks like it’s down to Kamala and Susan. 

12 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Ok wtf.  No no no no no. Nooooooooo

2 hours ago, Macanudo said:

Susan Rice is a boring hypercompetent badass. She’s more ready to manage the executive branch than any of the other VP Options AND Biden.  

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

That’s a big ‘nope’ from me 

looks like it’s down to Kamala and Susan. 

Happy with either, but my preference is Harris because I want her to break Mike Pence while the world watches.

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

Schiff and Porter are my two favorite congress folks, but I don't know that either of them would be an effective speaker.  It's a special skill, and most work happens behind the scenes. 

I'd rather see those two as committee chairs, and ultimately, one of them to take Feinstein's spot.   There's nothing more satisfying than watching Katie Porter cut a bitch, and she does it often. 

Adam-Schiff.jpg.5dcf93cf0cd563d21afaf250ad100082.jpg

This Schiff?  He seems very pedio.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, SizzleChest said:

Like most of those people were going to vote for Biden anyway.

You’d be surprised. My wife is very anti trump and a registered Democrat, but I have a feeling this would cause her not to vote. 

growing up starving under Castro while having to sneak into mass via underground passageway will do that to you. 

edit:  I just asked her. She got really pissed at life and walked off.  Lol 

Edited by Xian

28 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Happy with either, but my preference is Harris because I want her to break Mike Pence while the world watches.

We can get excited about Harris's ability to go on the offensive but she was pretty open to attacks. Tulsi Gabbard ripped her a new one and Harris had no retort. 

13 minutes ago, Xian said:

You’d be surprised. My wife is very anti trump and a registered Democrat, but I have a feeling this would cause her not to vote. 

growing up starving under Castro while having to sneak into mass via undergird passageway will do that to you. 

edit:  I just asked her. She got really pissed at life and walked off.  Lol 

Doesn't matter.  Bass is a head fake.  Harris may be a head fake, too.  He knows Rice very well.  Her negatives are she's never been elected and Benghazi, which ultimately doesn't mean much because Trump was never elected either and she won't inspire the level of "meh" that independents had with HRC.  

Overall, she's probably the most complementary fit for him.

Edited by SizzleChest
  • Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, fellside said:

We can get excited about Harris's ability to go on the offensive but she was pretty open to attacks. Tulsi Gabbard ripped her a new one and Harris had no retort. 

Ehh, I’d argue she wasn’t taking Tulsa’s bait.  

51 minutes ago, SizzleChest said:

Doesn't matter.  Bass is a head fake.  Harris may be a head fake, too.  He knows Rice very well.  Her negatives are she's never been elected and Benghazi, which ultimately doesn't mean much because Trump was never elected either and she won't inspire the level of "meh" that independents had with HRC.  

Overall, she's probably the most complementary fit for him.

Benghazi would be a trap the Republicans couldn’t resist and they’d look like complete buffoons.

That being said, let’s be honest.  Harris and Rice look the part.  That’s a huge deal.

6 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Agreed from a tactical perspective. Florida could be the kill shot and sacrificing it for a relatively unknown VP choice would be a pretty dumb thing to do. 

Now I'm convinced this will be the choice.  

53 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Benghazi would be a trap the Republicans couldn’t resist and they’d look like complete buffoons.

That being said, let’s be honest.  Harris and Rice look the part.  That’s a huge deal.

Rice had an answer for the expected Benghazi attacks during her appearance on The View earlier this week:

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

That's the first thing that popped up on my Google search.  Let's not blow this, OK?  Warren or Harris.

19 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

Saw him throw out a guy at home from the warning track of right center field in the astrodome. Fucking loved that guy as a kid. 

Was it a catcher?  Did the runner start at second or first base?

2 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

It was second or third, don’t remember except he threw that ball on a rope. Blew me away. Just went looking for a video but apparently there isn’t videos of anything that happened before 1990...

Some right fielders have amazing arms.  Daryl Strawberry made some pretty impressive throws.  

A couple of Bo Jackson's in this tape.  Vin Scully makes an appearance.

How come fat ketch can’t keep silent about ANYTHING but 40 different staffers can keep quiet about Kamala or Susan?

Dan Pfeiffer (Pod Save America) and former Obama comms director has been doing YouTube videos during the lockdown on various topics - reviewing current political ads, interviews with campaign veterans etc. Kind of inside baseball stuff but I find it very interesting.

One person he had on was Alyssa Mastromonaco. She worked for John Kerry’s campaign and the Obama campaign and was Obama’s Deputy Chief of Staff.

Anyway, she was part of the vetting committee for both Kerry and Obama.

Surprisingly, the number of people that actually know the actual information about who is in the running for VP and who knows who it is prior to public announcement is very small - like four or five people.

Pfieffer and the other PSA guys - who were very senior members of the Obama campaign staff - claim they didn’t know Biden was his pick until one hour prior to the announcement.

The episode on how a campaign and candidate pick a VP is very interesting if you have 45 minutes to spare.

• Hook 'Em 2

Biden would be making a mistake to put a Scientology friendly person on the ticket. Especially for him being an old candidate. Why would he want to tap on the breaks on his candidacy now?

my understanding is that he truly want a VP partner like he feels he was with Obama. Unless you have a junior mentor that has been working with you for years, you’re rolling the dice when you don’t really know someone too well.

Pick some one that 1) can help in the election 2) you feel can make a good president if needed 3) Your partner in the WH.

if someone doesn’t check the first two boxes, don’t even think about the third. 

11 hours ago, Satchel said:

Rice had an answer for the expected Benghazi attacks during her appearance on The View earlier this week:

Republicans dragged out Benghazi forever and still hang on to it, yet not a peep from the House about Russian bounties on our troops.  I guess they could request people in the know show up for hearings but they will ignore the requests but at least put them on record for dodging the issue.  Use their silence to go full asshole and bend the narrative to your own liking.

• Hook 'Em 1