Joe Biden Veepstakes 2020

Hugo Stiglitz

Biden would be making a mistake to put a Scientology friendly person on the ticket. Especially for him being an old candidate. Why would he want to tap on the breaks on his candidacy now?
my understanding is that he truly want a VP partner like he feels he was with Obama. Unless you have a junior mentor that has been working with you for years, you’re rolling the dice when you don’t really know someone too well.
Pick some one that 1) can help in the election 2) you feel can make a good president if needed 3) Your partner in the WH.
if someone doesn’t check the first two boxes, don’t even think about the third. 

Wait what? Who’s a Scientologist?

Kamala is too much of a cop for my liking - seems like a ready-made, no brainer for AG to me. I question the interpersonal observational skills of anyone who doesn't see how she often comes across as a phony. 

Warren was my first choice for the nomination, but I agree that she's too easy to campaign against, fairly or not. 

I don't know squat about Bass, but I lived in Miami for 10 years, and those are some of the most cognitively dissonant nitwits I've ever encountered, and relying on them for anything (be it a rational action or otherwise) is a fool's errand, and they hold a grudge like nobody else. But they sure can make a lot of noise, so that seems problematic. 

Selfishly, as a resident of Illinois, I don't want to lose Duckworth. She's a badass. 

I agree with whoever characterized Rice as boringly hypercompetent, and I think we could certainly do a lot worse. 

My wholly uneducated guess is Rice. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Bass is on camera saying nice things about Scientology at a Scientology ribbon cutting. 

So is this someone who was just being nice, or does she support that cult, because if she does that should immediately disqualify her for the position.

Harris is the right choice. You want a tough VP candidate and she can shred Pence in a debate. Yes she has some issues but are you going to see trump and pence say that Harris was too tough on criminals? Trump may tweet it but it won’t be a campaign theme for trump.

I know it’s tempting for Biden to think past the election and start preparing to be President and how his administration will work. However, there are still paths for trump to potentially win. The polls will pull tighter. He needs to pick Harris, run like he’s behind, and worry about how he will govern after he wins. 

23 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

It don’t make a shit. Biden could name Winnie the Pooh his VP. Let’s just get it done. Kamala is fine. The rest are fine.

Considering Biden is essentially the Crypt Keeper, it's a huge fucking deal. The VP has a very big chance of taking over the Presidency within the next few years if Biden wins.

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, F250 said:

Considering Biden is essentially the Crypt Keeper, it's a huge fucking deal. The VP has a very big chance of taking over the Presidency within the next few years if Biden wins.

Whoever it is will still be better than Trump. It don’t matter 

1 minute ago, thepop said:

Whoever it is will still be better than Trump. It don’t matter 

That's like saying a lump of shit will be better than Trump so let's settle for a lump of shit.

Demand better.

• Hook 'Em 2

20 minutes ago, F250 said:

That's like saying a lump of shit will be better than Trump so let's settle for a lump of shit.

Demand better.

Normally I would, but I just have a hard time caring who is in the White House as long as it isn’t Trump. I’ll vote for a lump of shit.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

It don’t make a shit. Biden could name Winnie the Pooh his VP. Let’s just get it done. Kamala is fine. The rest are fine.

Bullshit. 

Pooh loves kids and refuses to wear pants in public. 

6 hours ago, NWBuck said:

Bullshit. 

Pooh loves kids and refuses to wear pants in public. 

That fucker is compromised as shit.

Where do you think the term honeypot came from?

Think About It Reaction GIF by Identity

Edited by Dnaguy
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

On 8/1/2020 at 10:23 PM, JimmyJames said:

Kinda my position. I have preferred candidate but her not being chosen will not dampen my enthusiasm to work to see the ticket elected.

On 7/31/2020 at 9:12 PM, Satchel said:

Rice had an answer for the expected Benghazi attacks during her appearance on The View earlier this week:

I'm sold. Extraordinarily qualified and is already speaking like a politician. The Benghazi thing only resonates with the idiots who aren't voting for Biden anyway. It is much less serious than the problems Harris could bring in her own party for her prosecutorial record in the current environment. I'd like to see Harris in the debates and she'd be a fine VP, but I'm liking Rice more at this point.

7 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

Rice, like Bass, checks the box as someone who would likely make a very effective VP, but will have no positive impact on the election and lacks the typical resume of someone ready to be president.  But outside of Warren and Harris, she’s probably my 3rd choice.

I would look forward to hearing Trump supporters claim she doesn't have the experience necessary to be president. 

Susan Rice says Trump unilaterally bringing home troops from Syria was batshit crazy.

"It's crazy to bring home troops from a country that we have no strategic interest in? Who are there to fulfill a mission we can't articulate." - Tucker Carlson

Tuckers says this because the people viewing his show are too stupid to think for themselves. Do we have interest in Syria? Of course not, screw foreign countries. America! 

Let me try to articulate you dumb fuck: We had troops in Syria because of the active military operation led by the United States and involving the UK, France, Jordan, Turkey, Canda, Australia and other against ISIS. You know that whole STOP ISIS campaign you stupid fucks. Oh, did the Republicans somehow become Pro-Terrorism? Somewhere between starting a WAR ON TERRORISM and Obama getting elected, the Republicans thought fuck it, let's stop this shit. What bad could come of this?

On 8/1/2020 at 10:49 PM, F250 said:

This is correct. Biden's VP will either be the president in less than four years,  or will be the next D nominee (against a Don Jr/Hannity- like ticket) after Biden declines to run for a second term due to mental or health reasons.

• Hook 'Em 2

i've said this before, but if biden isn't going to run for a 2nd term (and i've seen nothing to suggest he's in worse mental or physical health than trump) then he needs to step aside after 1-2 years and let the vp be the president for a while.

the main knock on rice is that she's never run for anything.  that doesn't mean she doesn't want to be president (or vp), but it's there.  of course people give kamala shit for being too ambitious.  i guess people will give rice shit for not being ambitious enough?

i thought it was humorous that the tucker clip (which was from yesterday) mentions 3 front-runners, and states them as fact.  kamala, which he mispronounces on purpose (calls her cam-a-luh), stacy abrams, just so he can talk about her being unemployed (who hasn't been in the discussion for months), and karen bass, so that he can mention cuba/scientology.

you could get onion/snl writers and a tucker lookalike and it would be indistinguishable. 

I mean, I get your joke but her ambition basically crippled the Democratic Party and allowed trump to get elected. So, yeah, considering a Team Player primarily concerned about the vision for America seems like a fair point considering how recently Hillary fucked shit up. 
The fact that Trump won the R nomination has nothing to do with who the D was.

After that, Trump won because he gamed the electoral system with assistance from some tech friends.

I didnt vote for Hillary, but her ambition wasnt the reason she lost. Some people in key states didnt like her and she didnt have a plan...

Fwiw, there is an "ambitious black wimmenz are terrible" stigma that exists... Don't fall for it (not that you are, but don't)

40 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

My prediction is that if Biden is alive, he will run for a 2nd term (assuming he wins in November).  He might step down in late 2025, but he won’t forfeit the incumbency advantage if he can help it.

Starting to think this is the way it goes down.  Seems much more likely he would step down early after winning a second term than stepping down before even attempting a second run (assuming his health holds up).

3 minutes ago, Snacks said:

Pretty sure Rice is going to be SOS. That's the job she wanted uber Obama, but Hillary...

She could run Biden's whole foreign policy as VP - with a much more significant power base to operate from.  Someone else can be SoS.  SoS is not necessarily the glam job that it was in administrations prior, particularly with an activist and highly leveraged VP.  Pandemic preparedness and response will fall under this remit as well is my guess.

27 minutes ago, Snacks said:

The fact that Trump won the R nomination has nothing to do with who the D was.

After that, Trump won because he gamed the electoral system with assistance from some tech friends.

I didnt vote for Hillary, but her ambition wasnt the reason she lost. Some people in key states didnt like her and she didnt have a plan...

Fwiw, there is an "ambitious black wimmenz are terrible" stigma that exists... Don't fall for it (not that you are, but don't)

Ha, I agree with everything you said my man, but I think we're talking about different things. The "ambition" part of Hillary was basically her ability (as quite successful a lady) to basically fund the bankrupt DNC and then elbow out any other candidates as competition. Or as other folks talk about it, the "her turn" bullshit. Now maybe "ambition" isn't the right word. But she absolutely made sure she was the candidate chosen using leverage. And you walk down that path, I think any other candidate beats Trump. But that's speculation on my part. But yes, it's completely independant of what happened on the R side. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Ha, I agree with everything you said my man, but I think we're talking about different things. The "ambition" part of Hillary was basically her ability (as quite successful a lady) to basically fund the bankrupt DNC and then elbow out any other candidates as competition. Or as other folks talk about it, the "her turn" bullshit. Now maybe "ambition" isn't the right word. But she absolutely made sure she was the candidate chosen using leverage. And you walk down that path, I think any other candidate beats Trump. But that's speculation on my part. But yes, it's completely independant of what happened on the R side. 

I can't think of a better metaphor for the brokenness and disfunction of our political system (and the country as a whole) than the fact that our last presidential election featured the only two people who could possibly lose to each other. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

i've said this before, but if biden isn't going to run for a 2nd term (and i've seen nothing to suggest he's in worse mental or physical health than trump) then he needs to step aside after 1-2 years and let the vp be the president for a while.

the main knock on rice is that she's never run for anything.  that doesn't mean she doesn't want to be president (or vp), but it's there.  of course people give kamala shit for being too ambitious.  i guess people will give rice shit for not being ambitious enough?

i thought it was humorous that the tucker clip (which was from yesterday) mentions 3 front-runners, and states them as fact.  kamala, which he mispronounces on purpose (calls her cam-a-luh), stacy abrams, just so he can talk about her being unemployed (who hasn't been in the discussion for months), and karen bass, so that he can mention cuba/scientology.

you could get onion/snl writers and a tucker lookalike and it would be indistinguishable. 

This is why you don't let this shit into the equation. They will spin anything based on whoever he picks. The one plus of her not having held elected office is that she doesn't have the years of sexist baggage from the last 20 years like Hillary and Warren. Other than Benghzi (which she can overcome) they'll have to start from scratch about her being an uppity overly emotional bitch who hates 'murica. They'll defintely gain some traction but without the headstart they had with Hilllary or would have with Warren.

Biden is [insert bad things republicans will say]

Biden's VP pick is [insert bad things republican will say]

Counterpoint: They are a functioning adult. That's the fucking bar. No one gives a shit if Biden is not all there. No one gives a shit if his VP pick is too ambitious, never had to run for office, or said nice things about Scientology during a ribbon cutting. Anyone who takes that bait is regarded. No one cares. Are they a functioning adult that is capable of thought? Yep, cool. I'm in.