Joe Biden Veepstakes 2020

Hugo Stiglitz

Huge Rice piece in Politco saying Republicans actually want him to pick Rice as it will fire up his voters.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/08/05/republicans-susan-rice-vice-president-391480

“She is absolutely our No. 1 draft pick,” a Trump campaign official said.

Rice, a former ambassador to the United Nations and national security adviser for Obama, is accused of revealing the identities of top Trump associates in 2016 after they were picked up as part of U.S. surveillance of foreign officials.

Four years earlier, she faced allegations that she misled Americans when she announced on national TV that the fatal attacks in Benghazi, Libya, occurred after spontaneous protests in response to an anti-Muslim video. That was determined to be inaccurate.

On Monday night, Tucker Carlson, the Fox News host influential in Trump’s orbit, opened his show with a lengthy diatribe about Rice and her role in the 2012 Benghazi raid — strikingly similar to the attack Republicans lodged against Clinton in the 2016 race against Trump.

“I can’t think of anyone that is more polarizing who would fire up the base than Susan Rice,” said former Rep. Jason Chaffetz, a Republican who investigated the Obama administration as chairman of the House oversight committee. “They know her, and they don’t like her.”

I think it should be Harris.

Trump already backed himself into a corner with his LAW AND ORDER bullshit. What’s he going to do criticize Harris for being tough on crime when he himself promises he will be tough on crime?

She’s probably the safest pick.  Rice will supposedly fire up the GOP base. Bass will hurt Biden in Florida / with Hispanics. 

Edited by Voldemort86
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

I think it should be Harris.

Trump already backed himself into a corner with his LAW AND ORDER bullshit. What’s he going to do criticize Harris for being tough on crime when he himself promises he will be tough on crime?

She’s probably the safest pick.  Rice will supposedly fire up the GOP base. Bass will hurt Biden in Florida / with Hispanics. 

Yep.  I'm thinking Biden needs someone who is tough on crime, even if it irks the progs. 

Too bad that asshole sheriff that Trump likes appears to be a man.

01xp-Clarke-superJumbo.jpg

1 hour ago, Hank Kingsley said:

I'd think Rice as VP would piss off the progressives more than Kamala.  

The problem with Rice is that it's so obviously doubling down on the Clinton/Obama old guard.

I would love going back to that era over the current - but I do think it gives Trump the most shit to feed to his moronic fan base.  And it has the least likelihood of increasing any excitement among Dems.

• Hook 'Em 2

26 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

The problem with Rice is that it's so obviously doubling down on the Clinton/Obama old guard.

I would love going back to that era over the current - but I do think it gives Trump the most shit to feed to his moronic fan base.  And it has the least likelihood of increasing any excitement among Dems.

Agreed. 

We don't need two old guards on the ticket. Joe is enough. 

7 minutes ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

Can Susan Rice shade like this??

kamala-harris-gif-6.gif

It's been awhile, I've forgotten how great she is at emoting when she's on the attack. She would be a fantastic asset on the warpath while Joe sits back and aw shuckses his way to the Whitehouse.

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I’m perplexed by the “just hurry up and fucking pick one!” attitude. It was always going to be early August, a week or so prior to the convention.

They can't hold back their pent up hot-takes anymore. 

8 year old Pancho: “Momma, I want McDonald’s!”

My mom: “With whose money?”  (Said this while giving the expression below.)

20 hours ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

Can Susan Rice shade like this??

kamala-harris-gif-6.gif

#NeverForget

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, orangecat92 said:

wow. Rice is out! see this  https://www.foxnews.com/politics/susan-rice-trump-supporting-son

"His mother said she believes, for both her family and the country, in respecting those with differing political views"  Hard left will not respect people with differing political views. 

Dick Cheney's daughter was gay married when like only 25% of the country supported gay marriage. He also talked like a supervillain and shot a guy in the face. You're overthinking this. Nevertheless, the more I've followed, I'm not leaning Harris. 

Edited by 'stache

Harris is exactly a perfect VP pick for a campaign. She is a political animal and knows how to campaign. Will she make a good executive and govern successfully? Maybe. I don't know.

i think picking Rice as VP pick would be a BIG mistake. (The problem is Biden likes her and feel more comfortable personally with her).

I hope he can get past that and realize Harris is the smarter choice.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, yoladu said:

Harris is exactly a perfect VP pick for a campaign. She is a political animal and knows how to campaign. Will she make a good executive and govern successfully? Maybe. I don't know.

i think picking Rice as VP pick would be a BIG mistake. (The problem is Biden likes her and feel more comfortable personally with her).

I hope he can get past that and realize Harris is the smarter choice.

I realize that it's been approximately 350 years since she dropped out, but either your recollection or mine is very much off the mark with respect to the bolded portion. 

• Like 1

Just now, Prepuce of Doom said:

I realize that it's been approximately 350 years since she dropped out, but either your recollection or mine is very much off the mark with respect to the bolded portion. 

i hear ya, but compared to Susan Rice's ability to campaign? i just don't see it... but yeah, point taken, Harris never gained the traction i thought she would.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Speculation on twitter last night was that it’s Rice based on her selling her Netflix stock (or something like that) but there was some thought that this was in the works for a while and might just be coincidence 

Question for the political hobbyists: Why would she or any candidate sell any stocks or make any preparations (unless they just liked the market situation) before they were elected? I wouldn’t prepare to sell shit unless it made strategic sense before December. 

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Question for the political hobbyists: Why would she or any candidate sell any stocks or make any preparations (unless they just liked the market situation) before they were elected? I wouldn’t prepare to sell shit unless it made strategic sense before December. 

Hell, Donny proved, why would you sell anything even if elected.  Keep your fucking NFLX and then make it the official streaming service of the US and make all military stations subscribe.  Seems normal now...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Hell, Donny proved, why would you sell anything even if elected.  Keep your fucking NFLX and then make it the official streaming service of the US and make all military stations subscribe.  Seems normal now...

Yeah mean, I totally get that snark. But I mean, you know, for normal people who actually might want to uphold the integrity of the country, etc, why would you sell it before you actually know you're going to have to govern the country?

15 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Yeah mean, I totally get that snark. But I mean, you know, for normal people who actually might want to uphold the integrity of the country, etc, why would you sell it before you actually know you're going to have to govern the country?

Perception.  Also, presidential candidates and presumably VP's get intelligence briefings and may have platforms which affect current holdings.  It's probably best for all candidates to immediately put their investments into a blind trust, but dumping NFLX as a reason to think someone's being named VP is a stretch, IMO.

wow. Rice is out! see this  https://www.foxnews.com/politics/susan-rice-trump-supporting-son

"His mother said she believes, for both her family and the country, in respecting those with differing political views"  Hard left will not respect people with differing political views. 
I think you meant to post this on texags?
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Kamala is a much better pick than Rice, I don't see how that's even a contest outside of the desire to make a Tom Hernan style comfort hire.

That said, VP doesn't matter so whatever.

Seems like it matters quite a bit more than usual in this situation if Biden ends up winning. He's like 78. Even if he stays healthy for the whole term, he's only doing 1 right? Gotta think the VP would have the inside track to the 2024 nomination in that scenario.

Just now, tokamak said:

Seems like it matters quite a bit more than usual in this situation if Biden ends up winning. He's like 78. Even if he stays healthy for the whole term, he's only doing 1 right? Gotta think the VP would have the inside track to the 2024 nomination in that scenario.

I think it depends on their thinking. If this is the thinking, I think he will be pressured greatly to pick Harris. If not, it'll be Rice, who he likely is much more familiar and comfortable with. 

Either way, the biggest part of this election will be the Obama machine when it really ramps up. He is still popular and will give Joe a boost, especially if trump keeps on with his dimentia filled nonsense and racism.

Matters for them, sure. Voters don't care. This is about Trump.

4 hours ago, 'stache said:

I think it depends on their thinking. If this is the thinking, I think he will be pressured greatly to pick Harris. If not, it'll be Rice, who he likely is much more familiar and comfortable with. 

Either way, the biggest part of this election will be the Obama machine when it really ramps up. He is still popular and will give Joe a boost, especially if trump keeps on with his dimentia filled nonsense and racism.

Pick Harris as VP and Rice as Sec of State. Best of both worlds. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1