Joe Biden Veepstakes 2020

Hugo Stiglitz

6 hours ago, gmr548 said:

Kamala is a much better pick than Rice, I don't see how that's even a contest outside of the desire to make a Tom Hernan style comfort hire.

That said, VP doesn't matter so whatever.

Kamala Harris Meme GIF by Ari Spool - Find & Share on GIPHY

Assuming Biden wins, the VP he picks may very well be the president within the next 4 years. So it matters a whole lot.

Edited by Superhero

46 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

I think that's the obvious call.

But if you don't have Harris as VP, you damned sure as hell ought to have her as AG.

Would AG be a promotion from Senator? Yeah im not sure I’d take that job if I was Harris. Which AGs have gone on to be presidents? She has permanent job security in CA. 

Edited by SydneyCarton

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Would AG be a promotion from Senator? Yeah m kit sure I’d take that job if I wasHarris. Which AGs have gone on to be presidents? She has permanent job security in CA. 

No.  It would not.

• Hook 'Em 1

Would AG be a promotion from Senator? Yeah im not sure I’d take that job if I was Harris. Which AGs have gone on to be presidents? She has permanent job security in CA. 

Depends on what you want to do with your life, I suppose. If you want to be a senator for the rest of your life, you can do that. But if you want to put the Trump cabal in prison, then you become AG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Brandywine said:

Pick Harris as VP and Rice as Sec of State. Best of both worlds. 

Yes

3 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

I think that's the obvious call.

But if you don't have Harris as VP, you damned sure as hell ought to have her as AG.

Yes

1 hour ago, Ghost of LL said:

Depends on what you want to do with your life, I suppose. If you want to be a senator for the rest of your life, you can do that. But if you want to put the Trump cabal in prison, then you become AG.

FUCK YES

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

If she stays in the Senate, she has to raise tens of millions of dollars to run every six years for a job where she gets to work with the likes of Rand Paul and Tom Cotton.  Sure, the blowjobs from lobbyists are nice but the Senate can be a beating.

On the other hand, go be AG for 4+ years or whatever and then be an instant partner at Big Law and make millions per year.

On 7/29/2020 at 11:27 PM, fellside said:

I get the same creepy, power-hungry, fake vibe from Kamala Harris that I got from Clinton.  If the GOP had half a brain, it would be very easy to turn a lot of those who are frustrated with police against Harris and her record. 

You can just say she's a woman

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Michael Knight said:

These discussions always throw me for a loop because I agree with your assertion that women are unfairly labeled as power-hungry or whatever, but I also think Hillary Clinton was terrible and power-hungry. 

FWIW I don't think Harris is power hungry for the sake of being power hungry. At least not any more than anyone else who ran in the primary. I like Harris, and I was really in her corner early on. She was a front runner for me until she started pulling the "everything to everyone" thing that every candidate not named Joe, Bernie, or Amy did.

She's my pick for VP, both prediction and what I'm hoping for.

14 hours ago, Michael Knight said:

Or one could say she's a dirty cop who has ruined many lives putting away innocent people as a prosecutor.  

Harris sucks as a human being, and she would suck as a VP.  I'm voting Biden regardless of his VP pick, but here's to hoping he doesn't pick a corrupt former cop for his VP.

Edited by Tom
  • Hook 'Em 2

Does it even matter who Joe Biden picks?  I mean the Republicans are going to make up all sorts of scary shit about whomever is Biden’s VP and a good chunk of the country will believe it by the time of the election because it will be parroted 24/7 by every R and news outlet on the right.   If Biden chooses Kamala Harris then Fox News will start saying she is not eligible for VP because she is really from Uganda and is the daughter of Kamala the Ugandan Giant.  What is interesting is the Republicans will find a problem with the VP pick for Biden yet this is the party that has given us VP picks like Quayle, Palin and Pence the current VP who believes in electrocuting gay people to straighten them out.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, burntorangebongos said:

Joe skinny'd up for this run.  He looks real fit on that bike and he made a funny troll joke to that reporter from Fox that asked him about the new bastard kid by Hunter.  Something tells me Joe liked fucking with that guy. 

What would be a good troll is if Biden puts out videos of him doing things that Trump isn’t able to do, like riding a bike, doing push-ups (like he said he’d do during the primaries), reading a book and being a decent human being. 

• Like 1

Just now, Pancho said:

The Harris hate here is just baffling. 

She wasn’t my favorite but I’ve warmed to her quite a bit. I’m confused and irritated that much of the condemnation of her is “she’s a bad cop and they’re going to find out she did some bad cop shit” as an excuse to shit on her. Who cares? If it was egregious is would have been discovered already. And if it’s not egregious, it can be spun easily. 

1 minute ago, Pancho said:

That;’s the crazy part. It don’t make a shit. 

I’m all in on Harris and will be slightly disappointed if she’s not the VP.

Same here, and whatever her past transgressions are, she has grown into having a pretty damn decent set of policies. One of the few who follows a lot of the environmental groups that I follow. Take that for what it's worth, but I appreciate that someone is at least aware that we are fucking this planet up. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

She wasn’t my favorite but I’ve warmed to her quite a bit. I’m confused and irritated that much of the condemnation of her is “she’s a bad cop and they’re going to find out she did some bad cop shit” as an excuse to shit on her. Who cares? If it was egregious is would have been discovered already. And if it’s not egregious, it can be spun easily. 

God forbid we hold people to standards.  Again, I'm voting for Biden regardless.  I think my posting history makes that much clear.

It's much less "we're going to find out she did some bad cop shit" and much more "we already know she did a bunch of bad cop shit."  She was a dirty prosecutor who cared more about winning than ruining people's lives.

I'm more baffled by why people are so hung up on her.  She ran a shit campaign;  there's nothing discernable that sets her apart from the field. Would anyone still be mentioning her if she wasn't a black woman?

55 minutes ago, Pancho said:

The next administration needs to unfuck the country. That’s going to require a president and VP who can fight the GOP, but who also can reach across the aisle and who can solve long-term problems. We need to undo some stupid Trumpist shit really quickly and then embark on a long, difficult project of healing some deep wounds in this country. 

My take on Harris is that she’s a fighter, but she doesn’t have the ability to attract right-leaning moderates (like Biden) and she doesn’t strike me as having the principles and vision of Elizabeth Warren. If Harris is the pick and something happens to Biden, the Dems will be in a terrible spot in 2024 and America will continue to fracture.

Harris wouldn't be my first pick but she definitely wouldn't be my last. I also predicted it would be her from the beginning. Susan Rice just doesn't seem to have enough election experience, she'd probably be great in the cabinet tho. 

Warren would probably be my pick if it meant she would have a strong voice in the administration

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

People don't like cops and prosecutors unless they're Republicans. This shouldn't be baffling considering the current political climate.

• Hook 'Em 1

My opinion only based on her primary debates, I don't think she'll be able to reach across the aisle to reach any bipartisan agreements. I'm not terribly excited about her being selected as VP. Just like I'm not terribly excited about Biden being the democratic nominee. But as some of you have said before, winning this election is establishing a beach head so the McConnell and Trump enablers can be driven out of American politics.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

If Biden chooses Kamala Harris then Fox News will start saying she is not eligible for VP because she is really from Uganda and is the daughter of Kamala the Ugandan Giant.

I legit spit out my coffee... Nicely done. 

Looking forward to Hannity or Carlson running commentary on this with pictures of whoever is the secretary of state dressed as Kim Chee. 

• Hook 'Em 1