Joe Biden Veepstakes 2020

Hugo Stiglitz

27 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

Doesn't matter. She's been humbled, her ambition will be much more muted. She has to know that she's viewed as ambitious and stiff-necked and doesn't appeal broadly on her own, but she works perfectly as a complement:

She's a woman.

She's a minority.

She's got experience.

She doesn't scare away the Biden voters while also appealing to secondary/tertiary Biden voters (by virtue of being a woman and a minority). There are just some voters they will never get (hardened/most extreme of the Bernie bros, etc.), but it doesn't matter, they don't need them. 

She's Trump's worst nightmare in the last mile of the Presidential election (I can't believe we are 3 months away already, it feels like Trump v Biden hasn't even really gotten started yet).

If Biden chooses her, like I said, my belief is he can play conservative and take the air out of the ball and run out the clock to a victory as long as he doesn't do anything horrible.

Why the ever living fuck would she need to "mute" her ambition? Why should she feel "humbled" for not winning the nomination this year? She can hold on to her ambition and still be a good VP to Biden supporting him while also forging her own future path to the presidency. I have literally never heard a male candidate demeaned for being ambitious.

3 hours ago, Pancho said:

Eddie Glaude has already stated he wasn't asked about this or read it yet his name is on it.  Nick Cannon has already stated kanye has his vote so why is his name on this list?

I question any list that has Charlamagne on it. 

Jacquees is an R&B singer. 

CED9D91C-D575-4EC0-868A-1B1B2EE74175.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

for those who haven't seen it, today's "covid" briefing ended with the oann reporter asking if rice was the favorite because she'd be in the best position to help cover up all of the obamagate crimes.

if this season isn't up for an emmy for creative writing, then the system is rigged.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Dropout said:

Nina is thoroughly vetted. If the DNC could have found anything on her they’d have done it by now.

LOL, what?? 

AFAIK, Nina Turner hasn't run for anything since losing the Ohio Secretary of State race about 6 years ago. She is not being considered for VP.  She hasn't been vetted as she is not a candidate for anything. 

• Like 1

Does it even matter who Joe Biden picks?  I mean the Republicans are going to make up all sorts of scary shit about whomever is Biden’s VP and a good chunk of the country will believe it by the time of the election because it will be parroted 24/7 by every R and news outlet on the right.   If Biden chooses Kamala Harris then Fox News will start saying she is not eligible for VP because she is really from Uganda and is the daughter of Kamala the Ugandan Giant.  What is interesting is the Republicans will find a problem with the VP pick for Biden yet this is the party that has given us VP picks like Quayle, Palin and Pence the current VP who believes in electrocuting gay people to straighten them out.  
This is the post I've been waiting for...

21 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

LOL, what?? 

AFAIK, Nina Turner hasn't run for anything since losing the Ohio Secretary of State race about 6 years ago. She is not being considered for VP.  She hasn't been vetted as she is not a candidate for anything. 

So you don’t think the national co-chair to Sanders’ campaign has been looked into by the DNC? She was imo deservedly lambasting everyone in sight for 8 years and you don’t think some of these powerful people had it out for her? They wouldn’t be vetting her to to VP but thoroughly looking for any dirt to take her down. Vetted is vetted. Her background has been examined.

21 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

My guess is that he's going to announce thursday, and I think there's a fair chance he's going to announce a slate of major cabinet nominees along with it - VP, State, AG, Defense, treasury, plus education and labor. 

That would be amazing. 

2 minutes ago, Dropout said:

So you don’t think the national co-chair to Sanders’ campaign has been looked into by the DNC? She was imo deservedly lambasting everyone in sight for 8 years and you don’t think some of these powerful people had it out for her? They wouldn’t be vetting her to to VP but thoroughly looking for any dirt to take her down. Vetted is vetted. Her background has been examined.

She hasn't been a politician since 2014. Why would the DNC vet a high level campaign staffer? 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

My guess is that he's going to announce thursday, and I think there's a fair chance he's going to announce a slate of major cabinet nominees along with it - VP, State, AG, Defense, treasury, plus education and labor. 

Seems to be the rumor on Twitter as well. I'd love to see it and think it'd be a great move to remind people that you're not just voting for Biden, you're voting for this entire team.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tokamak said:

Has a candidate ever announced cabinet picks before the election like that? Seems very unusual to me.

Biden is a caretaker candidate - in the traditional sense of the word. As a caretaker candidate - without any real policy goals - one can announce how well they will take care of the nation by showing who will be in the cabinet. Provide certainty. 

Gerald Ford 2.0 - except Biden gets elected. 

1 hour ago, 406W30th said:

Seems to be the rumor on Twitter as well. I'd love to see it and think it'd be a great move to remind people that you're not just voting for Biden, you're voting for this entire team.

Would love to see that, even more so if they could immediately become available to hit the tv interview circuit targeting their respective Trump admin counterparts.  Have each individual speak to the position they would lead highlighting the current danger, corruption, and incompetence of the current occupants.  It makes it harder to focus attacks on Biden. 

Being publicly surrounded this early by competent people all speaking the same team goals language would have a powerful neutralizing and normalizing effect to counter the onslaught of whacked russian-fed propaganda.

Looking like it's Rice. Futures have her creeping closer at $0.38 vs $0.43 for Harris. Also rumors of Harris unfollowing Biden campaign on twitter. Lastly, Buttigieg was on a plane from South Bend so he could be taking a cabinet position as someone else mentioned. 

11 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Looking like it's Rice. Futures have her creeping closer at $0.38 vs $0.43 for Harris. Also rumors of Harris unfollowing Biden campaign on twitter. Lastly, Buttigieg was on a plane from South Bend so he could be taking a cabinet position as someone else mentioned. 

I’d be OK with Rice, but I think she’s going to be Secretary of State.
Buttigieg to HUD if he will take it. Not sure what other cabinet job he would be qualified for. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova

2 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

I’d be OK with Rice, but I think she’s going to be Secretary of State.
Buttigieg to HUD. 

The McKinsey and Co. twins to the rescue. How much did Rice make off that Canadian pipeline? 

2024 will be a reckoning for the Party. 

But that is for another day. . . 

Chasten said on Twitter that Pete wasn’t on a plane to anywhere.

Political Twitter has become like Football Coaching Search Twitter with this plane tracking nonsense.
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, 6th Street said:

This was a rumor started by OANN after they searched Harris's followers and didn't see Biden.  She never followed him.

9 hours ago, 6th Street said:

The Harris unfollowing the Biden campaign is false.  

23 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

This was a rumor started by OANN after they searched Harris's followers and didn't see Biden.  She never followed him.

19 minutes ago, Pancho said:

The Harris unfollowing the Biden campaign is false.  

What a stupid fucking premise to begin with no wonder OAN folks lapped it up. Because it's so realistic as a fundamental aspect of human nature that Biden phones of Harris, gives her the bad news, and she immediately calls everyone in her campaign and demands they unfollow all of Biden's shit on their various social media accounts. That totally seems realistic.