Joe Biden Veepstakes 2020

Hugo Stiglitz

really, really surprised you all keep thinking that Biden is going to run for a 2nd term.  hes gonna be 78 when inagurated- which is  4 FULL years older than Reagan was when he was REELECTED. Or to put it another way,  Reagan ended his 2nd term just shy of being 78. So the moment Biden takes office, hes the oldest President we have ever had. 

I dont think there is a chance in hell he runs for reelection in 4 years.

I dont wish ill on the man, but i think this election where both guys are older than Reagan was taking on his 2nd term, the VP selection is a really valid concern.       I honestly believe Biden  ran because he felt the country needed him for 4 more years.     I really dont think the man wants to be President for 8 years.   I think this is 4 years and he doesnt run and lets Kamala run in 2024.

Edited by AUS-97HORN
Spelling
  • Hook 'Em 5

2 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

really, really surprised you all keep thinking that Biden is going to run for a 2nd term.  hes gonna be 78 when inagurated- which is  4 FULL years older than Reagen was when he was REELECTED. Or to put it another way,  Reagan ended his 2nd term just shy of being 78. So the moment Biden takes office, hes the oldest President we have ever had. 

I dont wish ill on the man, but i think this election where both guys are older than Regan was taking on his 2nd term, the VP selection is a really valid concern.       I honestly believe Biden  ran because he felt the country needed him for 4 more years.     I really dont think the man wants to be President for 8 years.   I think this is 4 years and he doesnt run and lets Kamala run in 2024.

I agree. Before we talk re-election how about getting elected the first time?!!!

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

really, really surprised you all keep thinking that Biden is going to run for a 2nd term.  hes gonna be 78 when inagurated- which is  4 FULL years older than Reagen was when he was REELECTED. Or to put it another way,  Reagan ended his 2nd term just shy of being 78. So the moment Biden takes office, hes the oldest President we have ever had. 

I dont wish ill on the man, but i think this election where both guys are older than Regan was taking on his 2nd term, the VP selection is a really valid concern.       I honestly believe Biden  ran because he felt the country needed him for 4 more years.     I really dont think the man wants to be President for 8 years.   I think this is 4 years and he doesnt run and lets Kamala run in 2024.

Concur

1 hour ago, Ghost of LL said:

I take issue with your conclusion that it was the only real choice.  Duckworth would've been a good choice.  As would've been Whitmer.  Frankly, Lujan Grisham would've been a very good choice.  There were plenty of real choices that were available.

I think we all got wrapped around the Susan Rice axle.  That wouldn't have been a good choice.  But that's not to say that there weren't good choices out there.

So pretty much any women that’s not black would’ve been better?

Edited by A’Dam Psycho
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

In all seriousness, it depends on the circumstances of the political environment at that time.  It depends on things like the make up of Congress, whether or not Biden is popular, his health, and the likely GOP contenders.  

If Joe Biden is the strongest candidate in 2024 for the the dems to hold the house and senate, it would seem malpractice for him not to run again. Typically career politicians that have always wanted to be President don’t give up the job easily. 

36 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

He said she did poorly in the primaries and also was mean to Judge Kavanagh.  

He said she was "nasty." Because, you know, she's a black woman and he always seems to use that word to refer to women and especially to black women. 

2 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

He said she was "nasty." Because, you know, she's a black woman and he always seems to use that word to refer to women and especially to black women. 

There are a lot of pissed off NASTY women right now so if Trump &Co want to pick that fight, bring it. I am so ready for this.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

So pretty much any women that’s not black would’ve been better?

Nice try, troll.

You can look back at my posts from, I don't know, anytime in the past three months, saying that I wanted it to be Harris.

I wrote that others would be great picks; I didn't say they would be superior to Harris.  They wouldn't have been.

I used to be good friends with Harris's husband.  We drifted apart after they started dating, different social circles and all.

Kind of surreal watching all this play out.  He's a good dude, but I'm not sure if I'm happy for him or not.  Being in the spotlight like that, yikes, no thanks.

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

really, really surprised you all keep thinking that Biden is going to run for a 2nd term. 

there's a big difference between thinking biden is going to run again in '24 and thinking he should come out now and announce if he wins that he'll be a one-term president.

most people here would probably agree with you that in a vacuum, electing someone in their 80's is not ideal.  he's already said he's a bridge/transition candidate (or whatever), so now it's about getting us out of the trump mess, and positioning kamala over the coming years.

oh, and winning in november.

Reasons I think Harris is great 

1) Trump has screamed like an orange baby all summer about Law and order. Is he going to go after Harris for being tough on crime? Wouldn’t be a good look for him, but Trumps base is full of degenerate morons who probably can’t make the connection.

2) if the GOP tries to slut shame her,  it will alienate more of the urban and suburban women that they desperately need.

3) saw a cornyn mention in this thread of him calling her far left.  Are we really going to listen to a moron who said children don’t get and spread the coronavirus ?

4) I think the GOP wanted Biden to pick Rice. I bet that loser Sean hannity has been doing research on Bengazi the last few days. Oh well..... I guess he will have to scrap it!

Edited by Voldemort86
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

I've said it, but I think it's the right pick. It's the chalk pick. It doesn't create any liabilities or real talking points for Trump. The only talking point they have that might work "she used to be a cop and was tough on minorities!" would kneecap his own "Joe Biden's America won't have police and everyone will be raped every day" fear mongering. Outside of that or any dirt we don't know about, there's not much.

It seems like Biden realized that his "sit back, shut up, don't create red meat, and never interrupt your enemy when they're making a mistake" strategy is working flawlessly, and picked his VP accordingly.

Not sexy, but it's the safe correct and wise pick. Plus she's going to be at Trump's throat like a mother fucking pit bull which is going to rule.

Not sexy? I disagree. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Voldemort86 said:

Reasons I think Harris is great 

1) Trump has screamed like an orange baby all summer about Law and order. Is he going to go after Harris for being tough on crime? Wouldn’t be a good look for him, but Trumps base is full of degenerate morons who probably can’t make the connection.

2) if the GOP tries to slut shame her,  it will alienate more of the urban and suburban women that they desperately need.

3) saw a cornyn mention in this thread of him calling her far left.  Are we really going to listen to a moron who said children don’t get and spread the coronavirus ?

4) I think the GOP wanted Biden to pick Rice. I bet that loser Sean hannity has been doing research on Bengazi the last few days. Oh well..... I guess he will have to scrap it!

I'm pretty much convinced Rice was a decoy just to fuck with the GOP

Just now, WhatTheBuck said:

Not sexy? I disagree. 

Indeed.

30 minutes ago, shakahorn said:

It was pretty obvious she was going to be the pick.  I dunno man, if I was the R's, I would've thought about this a few weeks ago and come up with 2-3 solid talking points to release immediately upon announcement.  There were at most 2-3 others for whom they needed to prepare.

They already released a commercial. They showed it on CBS News. They were expecting the pick. 

3 minutes ago, Calihorn said:

Not an exciting pick, but a much better pick than Tim Kaine

I think it's remarkable that the first Black (and Asian) woman to be on a major-party ticket and likely the first woman to be vice president can be fairly described as "not an exciting pick."

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’m really glad it wasn’t Karen bass or duck worth.

those would have been terrible picks. If he picked Bass, Biden would have lost Florida instantly while blacks all over the country would be asking “who is bass?”

as for duckworth, I just didn’t want to see the GOP relentlessly attack a crippled woman. A woman who showed much more courage than bone spurs Trump ever could.

I'm happy with Kamala.  She would've been my second choice after Pete, but he's too white and too male, which begs a lot of questions about equality and level playing field, but I digress.  I have every confidence that she'll be an excellent VP.

Now, WIN.

And when those fucking crooks try to steal it, catch them and out them.  And win anyway.

WIN.

Edited by TexArcher
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

I think it's remarkable that the first Black (and Asian) woman to be on a major-party ticket and likely the first woman to be vice president can be fairly described as "not an exciting pick."

Credit to the nation for progress on that front. 

Had to switch to Fox News to see what the rest of the country is hearing and there was a lady on their saying that this shows the polls are wrong and that Trump is really winning by a lot and Biden is scared.  She said Biden picked Harris as a Hail Mary to try and get the black vote since it is apparently not locked up yet for the Dems.  I can’t believe people watch this and believe it but I know there are millions out there that are listening to this and nodding along.  I also wonder if this is the kind of stuff Trump’s advisors are telling him to make him feel better.  I am still expecting Trump to use Putin to rig the votes so that he wins all 50 states and the vote shows 95% of the country voted for him.  

19 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

The fact that the far left thinks she's too conservative and the right are claiming she's Bernie Jr. convinces me even more that she is the perfect pick.

Trump is/was always going to run on the "Radical Left!" narrative. The pick didn't matter in that regard. They'd say the same thing if Biden named Jerry Falwell Jr. as his running mate. 

39 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

I'm happy with Kamala.  She would've been my second choice after Pete, but he's too white and too male, which begs a lot of questions about equality and level playing field, but I digress.  I have every confidence that she'll be an excellent VP.

Now, WIN.

And when those fucking crooks try to steal it, catch them and out them.  And win anyway.

ISWYDT

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Had to switch to Fox News to see what the rest of the country is hearing and there was a lady on their saying that this shows the polls are wrong and that Trump is really winning by a lot and Biden is scared.  She said Biden picked Harris as a Hail Mary to try and get the black vote since it is apparently not locked up yet for the Dems.  I can’t believe people watch this and believe it but I know there are millions out there that are listening to this and nodding along.  I also wonder if this is the kind of stuff Trump’s advisors are telling him to make him feel better.  I am still expecting Trump to use Putin to rig the votes so that he wins all 50 states and the vote shows 95% of the country voted for him.  

Confused Kevin Hart GIF by Shark Week