Joe Biden Veepstakes 2020

Hugo Stiglitz

lol at Klobs putting Warren in a super shitty position.

And don’t be a sore loser Hugo.

Kamala or Liz or any of the women under consideration do not handicap Biden in any way.

The last three weeks have made it a virtual lock that Biden picks a black woman.

Liz got pushed out by history.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Sounds like a decision has been made (or at least she’s been told “thanks, but no thanks.”)

Time to coalesce and bring it home. 

This reminds me of how Carly Fiorina would preemptively withdraw from CEO searches after she got fired from HP

• Like 2

I'm warming to the idea of Harris as a full blown attack dog to satiate those of us that want to see Trump eviscerated on a daily basis while Biden continues to be the "aw shucks" nice guy for the olds and independents.
Also Hugo is really against her so she's probably the best choice.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Also she would eat Pence alive. Not that VP debates matter but it would rule. The charisma and confidence gap would be huge. She would be the alpha on the stage by a lot. She will make him look like the idea-less washed up do nothing chump that he is.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Greatest debate moment ever came from VP debate.  

They do matter. Pence destroying Kaine was probably worth a point or two- determinative in his case. Also Palin self-destructing against Biden was arguably important.

Edited by Bozo_Casanova

10 hours ago, Pancho said:

Sounds like a decision has been made (or at least she’s been told “thanks, but no thanks.”)

Amy Klobuchar sucks so fucking much. I hope someone primaries her ass.

• Like 3

Not sure if she actually trembles when she speaks, but the entire interview she seemed unsteady. Maybe it’s the hair that constantly moves, but I first noticed it during the debates when Pete would dig at her and I can’t unsee it when she talks now.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Pancho said:

I would also like to announce that I'm withdrawing from consideration to be VEEP. 

For the last time, NO. I will not fill in for John Bohnam on drums. If Led Zeppelin wants to reunite, they'll have to do it without me.

I also want to just preemptively announce that I will not play quarterback for the San Francisco 49ers and will not polygamously marry Kate Beckinsale and Megan Fox. Just wanted to get that out there to avoid any rumors or distractions. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, maninblack said:

I would also like to announce that I'm withdrawing from consideration to be VEEP. 

Me too.  Although the enthusiasm for my candidacy is strong, some say the strongest ever, I would like to focus on family....specifically I am seeking to informally  adopt Jennifer Lawrence for a weekend at least.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

Not sure if she actually trembles when she speaks, but the entire interview she seemed unsteady. Maybe it’s the hair that constantly moves, but I first noticed it during the debates when Pete would dig at her and I can’t unsee it when she talks now.  

Same. It reminded me of the neighbor from Beavis and Butthead and now I can't watch her and take her seriously at all. I'm an asshole, but we already knew that.

11 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Having a woman of color on the ticket is clearly more important than beating Donald Trump. 

Having a woman of color on the ticket is very important in regards to beating Donald Trump, and by the biggest margin possible. 

You might not agree with it, but that is the argument. 

Edited by Hank Kingsley
  • Like 2

Warren is a policy nerd and a huge favorite of Twitter politicos, which is great.  But her strength/support has always been overvalued due to it. 

Biden's clear victory in the primary was led by a huge majority of D voters that don't care about policy minutiae and simply just want to beat Donald Trump. We should take that lesson and apply it to the VP pick. 

Biden + younger POC veep >>>> two old white people on the ticket. It's that simple.  Does it suck that there is not more nuance to the discussion? Yes. But IMO it's the reality. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Pancho said:

No one has said that.

It was sarcasm.  I’m a little disturbed about how we’re expecting a black woman to heal the country and improve race relations when that didn’t exactly work out so well before.  As great as it would be to have a Black women as VP, the reasoning reeks of tokenism and the black women being considered aren’t progressive. You don’t see people like Ayanna Pressley being considered.  

This is about good optics, satiating white guilt, and protecting the status quo once Trump is gone, it’s not that difficult to see through.  Kamala couldn’t even get black voters to support her when she ran for president so this idea she’s some galvanizing force in black leadership is suspect at best.

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I’m a little disturbed about how we’re expecting a black woman to heal the country and improve race relations when that didn’t exactly work out so well before. 

I don't think picking a Black woman will "heal" this country. That's a stupid comment by Klobuchar. I don't know who else is really saying that. 

lol we did it!!

29 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

It was sarcasm.  I’m a little disturbed about how we’re expecting a black woman to heal the country and improve race relations when that didn’t exactly work out so well before.  As great as it would be to have a Black women as VP, the reasoning reeks of tokenism and the black women being considered aren’t progressive. You don’t see people like Ayanna Pressley being considered.  

This is about good optics, satiating white guilt, and protecting the status quo once Trump is gone, it’s not that difficult to see through.  Kamala couldn’t even get black voters to support her when she ran for president so this idea she’s some galvanizing force in black leadership is suspect at best.

Identity politics, in other words.

It's effective in getting votes that you were already going to get. Ineffective for everything else.

Kamala sucks.

lol good job Democrats!!

24 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

"This is about good optics" - Yes, absolutely. 

"Satiating white guilt" - Whoo boy. Speak for yourself. Recognizing that representation matters, especially in the current BLM/civil rights movement we are living in, is extremely important. The inside baseball reasons to pick Warren just don't fucking matter to most voters. 

"Protecting the status quo once Trump is gone" - Complete horseshit and borderline conspiratorial. 

Pete Buttigieg beat Elizabeth Warren in every single state before he dropped out. Including South Carolina! Pretending that Warren was some kind of powerhouse in primary voting is just that, pretending. 

• Like 3

Who says progressive left is the right pick?

44 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Who says progressive left is the right pick?

A progressive that aesthetically and conversationally pulls the Biden ticket significantly to the left is the wrong pick. 

Right now Biden is up 8-9 points in polling average vs. Trump. He has the clear momentum. The goal should be to strengthen the current mojo, not shake it up. 

Win the election big. Keep the House. Flip the Senate.  Then you have the power to enact progressive policies. It'd be fucking refreshing to have an administration that over delivers on expectations, and there's an opportunity here to do just that. 

Biden has already extended an olive branch to progressives. He's working with Bernie and AOC. Hell, Liz is practically already a fucking capo for Joe. If some leftists want to ignore the positive actions he's taken, that's their problem. 

The first and most crucial step to positive change is to win the election in dominating fashion. Nothing else matters or can actually happen without a decisive victory. Every single campaign move from now to November should be in the service of winning. Policy details and promises can wait until Wednesday, November 4th. 

• Like 7

A progressive that aesthetically and conversationally pulls the Biden ticket significantly to the left is the wrong pick. 
Right now Biden is up 8-9 points in polling average vs. Trump. He has the clear momentum. The goal should be to strengthen the current mojo, not shake it up. 
Win the election big. Keep the House. Flip the Senate.  Then you have the power to enact progressive policies. It'd be fucking refreshing to have an administration that over delivers on expectations, and there's an opportunity here to do just that. 
Biden has already extended an olive branch to progressives. He's working with Bernie and AOC. Hell, Liz is practically already a fucking capo for Joe. If some leftists want to ignore the positive actions he's taken, that's their problem. 
The first and most crucial step to positive change is to win the election in dominating fashion. Nothing else matters or can actually happen without a decisive victory. Every single campaign move from now to November should be in the service of winning. Policy details and promises can wait until Wednesday, November 4th. 

Anything positive Biden does after getting Trump out would be exceeding expectations. He's got it made.
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

A few things:

1.) drinks in red stick?  When?

2.) It’s only tokenism if you believe Harris isn’t qualified. I think we all know she is.  I don’t think I’ve heard anyone say that a Black woman is going to heel the country.  I’m not sure where you’re getting this information from. I’m not sure what you mean by the progressives stance.  I’m not requiring Biden to pick a progressive.  Is there a majority out there that is?  And we already know why Harris didn’t get the Black vote.  That has been stated numerous times.