Joe Biden Veepstakes 2020

Hugo Stiglitz

I don't read it the same way, Hugo. But it's opinion. 

I would like to see what the author suggests and move Warren into the Senate Majority Leader spot. Chuck is ineffective - perhaps intentionally. Warren would be much better suited for his job. And she could make a real difference in the nation at a time with bold solutions are necessary. 

• Like 1

On 7/2/2020 at 1:57 PM, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I read a pro-Kamala VP article today that was pretty much anti-Kamala.  The thesis of it was almost “Kamala sucks at politics and the VP job isn’t important so Kamala is the perfect fit.”  It’s a beating.

I still get empty suit vibes from her, but idk, maybe I'm doing what the article states in its subtitle - overthinking it. 

If it's not going to be Warren and he wants a minority VP, Val Demings should be the pick IMO. She is much more relatable to AA's than Kamala. She comes from a big black family, daughter of a maid/janitor, her husband is a mayor in FL, one marriage btw them (3 kids, 5 grandkids). Optically she will play better with older AA's, some who are still weary about interracial marriages (Kamala). She's also from a swing state and apparently she has a pretty clean law enforcement record. The photos below would play well in places like the Best Southwest (Dallas). 

ValandJerry_Portrait_blog.jpg

D2CaWrWX4AEV_13.jpg

Edited by Bruh Man

2 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

If it’s going to be a woman of color it should be Barbara Lee or Ayanna Pressley.  

Pressley has 1 year of experience at the federal level.  She's a rising star but the same experience knock that weighs on Demings would be double on Pressley.  Additionally, there's not much upside to her voting bloc being from the NE.  Barbara Lee is 74 years old this month.  Not going to assuage age concerns for Joe.  Lee has a good platform but I think the age probably drags her down the list.

If it turns out to be a woman of color, it won’t be an emotional pick but one that soberly assesses her ability to assume the presidency. Congresswomen Demings has a bright future in the Party, she’s just too inexperienced. 

16 hours ago, Red Five said:

I kind of feel like it’s gonna be Susan Rice.

We really want to highlight Hillary’s emails for ANOTHER campaign?

Dear god.

She’s America’s erudite aunt who lives by herself, gives books for Christmas, and doesn’t own TV. Who the fuck wants to stay over at her house?

12 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

I love her, but I think she'd be a better Secretary of State. 

This.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pancho said:

Y’all can stop with the KLB tweets and quotes. She’s not a serious candidate, and that’s pretty obvious.

Yep..... this weekend took the air right out of her push.  Harris is looking like the extremely safe choice as others drift away.  Demings as a backup and Warren as the dark horse.

Reminder.

Duckworth would make conservative heads explode. They are definitely going to play up the patriotism angle this year. Pretty sure the “America hating libtard” line won’t stick to a lady that had her legs blown off in Iraq. Same with Demmings and the “libtards won’t back the blue and want all cops to die” idiots.

8 minutes ago, Larry T. Spider said:

Duckworth would make conservative heads explode. They are definitely going to play up the patriotism angle this year. Pretty sure the “America hating libtard” line won’t stick to a lady that had her legs blown off in Iraq. Same with Demmings and the “libtards won’t back the blue and want all cops to die” idiots.

Saxby Chambliss did it to Max Cleland, and they would do the same thing to Tammy Duckworth. Demmings would be more difficult. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova

13 minutes ago, Larry T. Spider said:

A GOP bad faith attack on a veteran? Even if they were willing to try that, it'd never work!

• Like 4

This has been an interesting strategy from the Biden campaign. Lots of comments over the last few months about Trump needing to "lead" and "do his job". 

Seems like he's specifically talking to Rs and Independents when making these statements. Everyone who hates Trump obviously knows he'll never lead or do his job, and that's been the case from Day 1. But I guess Joe is simply spelling out Dotard's basic failures to everyone else. 

1 hour ago, Hank Kingsley said:

This has been an interesting strategy from the Biden campaign. Lots of comments over the last few months about Trump needing to "lead" and "do his job". 

Seems like he's specifically talking to Rs and Independents when making these statements. Everyone who hates Trump obviously knows he'll never lead or do his job, and that's been the case from Day 1. But I guess Joe is simply spelling out Dotard's basic failures to everyone else. 

It will ring true with the potentially swingy baby boomers in some of the right places. It sounds like something they'd aimlessly yell at the closest millennial to them at any given moment.

10 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

It will ring true with the potentially swingy baby boomers in some of the right places. It sounds like something they'd aimlessly yell at the closest millennial to them at any given moment.

Bootstraps, nose to the grindstone, etc. 

57 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

my mother, who doesn't like trump as a person or a president, but never ever talks about it in specifics, has been talking about it in specifics lately.

blaming abbott's inaction/bullshit on following trump's lead, his lack of leadership, his failure to show any type of empathy, his divisiveness.  the stuff that was always there, but she's actually expressing it in words now, and she didn't used to.  hopefully this is something going around.  

2 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

my mother, who doesn't like trump as a person or a president, but never ever talks about it in specifics, has been talking about it in specifics lately.

blaming abbott's inaction/bullshit on following trump's lead, his lack of leadership, his failure to show any type of empathy, his divisiveness.  the stuff that was always there, but she's actually expressing it in words now, and she didn't used to.  hopefully this is something going around.  

My dad is apolitical and doesn't vote and just recently told me he registered and is going to vote against Trump. It's happening, one at a time. We can get there via half votes  like my dad voting, maybe your mom leaving the top line blank, bad_teammate ending his hunger strike, etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BradInATX said:

My dad is apolitical and doesn't vote and just recently told me he registered and is going to vote against Trump. It's happening, one at a time. We can get there via half votes  like my dad voting, maybe your mom leaving the top line blank, bad_teammate ending his hunger strike, etc.

i just always assumed your dad was bad_teammate.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Message Board User said:

Sorry Val.  Thanks for playing.  Some lovely parting gifts for you.

Was wondering when these stories were going to come out...... Make no mistake, Kamala has them in her history too, but as an ADA and then AG, she has some sense of division and therefore cover.  But Harris has the sticky Willie Brown situation which she'll be hit hard on.  Biden been criticized for not having selected a running mate yet, but considering Trump's dousing himself with gasoline right now.... waiting and making a prudent choice seems logical.

I browsed first 50 posts in this thread and was shocked no one refuted the claims of Bill/Obama cant be VP

22nd amendment is only for being "elected" president twice. There is no term limit on VP AT ALL...we could have the same VP for 50 years if we wanted.

If said VP was then made president they just couldn't be the presidential candidate next election but could be VP again