Check Out This Fucking Sandwich

Jack Straw

• 1 month later...
15 hours ago, Jameslaw121 said:

Saturday nights dinner.

I added some pepperichinos and hot sauce to mine

Hard to tell, but I scooped out most of the breading underneath the meat and cheese958320f22f01d171f40a7dda63035826.jpg4fdba46b58564f526787931cda66d9bb.jpgc063a0fb1cf9efff03f2b8312a63b404.jpg

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

I'd eat that.  Minus the tomato...add roasted red peppers.  Can't remember where I picked that up, but it was some dude from NY who wins best Italian sub in the city every year or some shit.  Lot of people say his biggest differentiator is that he uses roasted red peppers instead of tomatoes.  I tried it and it took my sandwiches to 11.  Something about the texture and flavor that just works better than tomato.  I now keep a jar of them on hand at all times just for such an occasion.  Try it, thank me later.

And I always like a little shredded lettuce too, but I can see where some would find that part optional.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Landomatic said:

I'd eat that.  Minus the tomato...add roasted red peppers.  Can't remember where I picked that up, but it was some dude from NY who wins best Italian sub in the city every year or some shit.  Lot of people say his biggest differentiator is that he uses roasted red peppers instead of tomatoes.  I tried it and it took my sandwiches to 11.  Something about the texture and flavor that just works better than tomato.  I now keep a jar of them on hand at all times just for such an occasion.  Try it, thank me later.

And I always like a little shredded lettuce too, but I can see where some would find that part optional.

100% agree on the roasted red peppers. Thought I had a jar left but I was out. I'm not a big fan of shredded lettuces. Had some Romaine but it wasn't as crisp as I like so I skipped it. Also, added red or balsamic vinegar right before it served is excellent

Excellent sandwich there. We also keep a jar each of the roasted red peppers and the yellow peppers. We use the red ones in a lot of pasta dishes and put both on sandwiches. When I made that trip to Austin to visit the Central Market (that was amazing!), I picked up some dry salami and some capicola and various cheeses and made a sub similar to yours for the family the next day, it didn't look as pretty as yours does, but it was pretty tasty!

• Hook 'Em 1

On 4/21/2021 at 3:52 PM, Jameslaw121 said:

Saturday nights dinner.

I added some pepperichinos and hot sauce to mine

Hard to tell, but I scooped out most of the breading underneath the meat and cheese958320f22f01d171f40a7dda63035826.jpg4fdba46b58564f526787931cda66d9bb.jpgc063a0fb1cf9efff03f2b8312a63b404.jpg

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

looks like great american hero. I miss that place. 

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

For the first second I said to myself “Now, why is he eating it off his table cloth?’”

Ha. The first pick is parchment paper. But I would assume nothing when it comes to what I'm willing to eat off of. Also, not fancy enough for table cloths.....

1 hour ago, CooterBrown said:

For po boys, Evangeline’s will bake and sell you some loaves with a day or two notice.

Outstanding!  Thanks for the tip.  I've been searching for good po boy or cheesesteak rolls for years.  Delaware Subs will sell theirs, but at this point going in their store feels like walking into a petri dish, and covid ain't the only concern.  Their Mesa Drive location is flat filthy.  Easy Tiger's aren't great.  Grocery store bolillos work in a pinch.  New World Bakery has a retail presence now, but that's Kyle, and I live in NW Austin.

5 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Outstanding!  Thanks for the tip.  I've been searching for good po boy or cheesesteak rolls for years.  Delaware Subs will sell theirs, but at this point going in their store feels like walking into a petri dish, and covid ain't the only concern.  Their Mesa Drive location is flat filthy.  Easy Tiger's aren't great.  Grocery store bolillos work in a pinch.  New World Bakery has a retail presence now, but that's Kyle, and I live in NW Austin.

Bread from waltons fancy staple on 6th is legit 

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Did one over the weekend, can confirm it was phenomenal and used leftovers for a sandwich also.  Even the old lady liked it and she was skeptical at first, still have pleny to make tacos out of this weekend. 

Get pastry crust, and make pies out of the leftovers with a slice of swiss or provolone on the inside. Cut a slit on top and use egg wash, bake until golden brown, enjoy!

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

had a cuban at a restaurant up here and it sucked.

so I made a cuban. then made about 10 more cause you can't get all the stuff for only one sandwich. mojo pork and ham for weeks. First time I used an instant pot too. Grilled the pork butt for searing first then 1:15 in the ip. Holy shit that was convenient and worked well lmao.

image.thumb.png.0c2e250738f45ba9b8d3283b521c5587.png

vc8Tu_alYc2NGbLRWKxqlMhRjmSoy5Idm4VzdVl_Y1UJmFCQbnEQFsLZe9u1aoYUI3Qi15ckqDpDGn_bkVqFEF8OSGaa6Rzf4rSxdCBxGhGIVDdCjuTWzpLjr6bMVliJUxA4TJ2DY71C7H1QXloaQAlOs5vtcYuCFllJAgaFsWcf8AqGWQUxnCxvKJe1aZNk4W7iNcCns3QPMlYlWDiTD4SIHJsfN7czJ8-aHUp_LRpfoac4ulyumy1e2DhIF7OXFUuiwu7L_a_EWUCBARVipcESNFQd5FPwDgA5FxmlfyhrSpiZ7_BIol9MbKtFr688q3HrlxLes8RMLROyowH5lfDnzG2728ezsq3vKiAgz6JqhjL7msT5Icwr8pPmO7ftoibPOsUEDCTdJ_Cx_ZBlOfDUtiavZIUds3N_AfsHaBOq2hGNRI8RPrrCvBoF_OwDXd0_Byz8ArcWYi6a7SI39N3BSg3nF-DfPV28IxwhgilxqfcOQky65IA-yV9JOYE0SxPgferP6cF1BOfex3-klPeyTCgUNXdnbkBJQpRL4S_BMnNChqrXkT7PgmkBZBJExJiR6o-HOp842W8KQiEY313Ii1lh0z0fc3hfrRSvpzvcc9syNrrdsLFZbtomwOZsE9cznqrxSjpAF8Jul0QkAHBVDrGRQYMH5ws2wW6RZXGlI1gs-uPeS8Z7QumIrLzu2oSG8jiTH8j9coBnZm5EYmm7=w1908-h903-no?authuser=0

rcdkcRedBThG-iWvWHWmhjCaXJv7jjC8Z2KtjGGu3hqhrKG6eBP1JCJQOIrjctlchEtruY5YcVsUcohvSrxsMoxidJ2QKZTtBwNfpeBmeN8vVCpWZByj3-A4ektzMD5lrVsne4_Thnes7HkZv1CrONP0KZ68NNRtuRiGpgjCT9Q5YKME81S4Mj27PPd4F6dJVwmWJi3NbNp_iigIMYatZ6uxp2SUdB8zbgnppdxyqJLId0la7ynHW-oCwTU0HgRJDUsSoZFTNu_0VHp9OIuoj9LJqlZipG2dkHvmVlmtDUymHI3L85-Ko1mypM9h_pzkf5l5ZXwP0dovcdKYZ9-pq99oBp5vnp1zhDJJIgtowhaXc30aOXOIoBk0beyBZpxUs47v91sKHq7xcj6l6yRQdunye7K3qShn87_D66dmB_n-6LMYt8m0_FPrv1o8LLkoPt_HIbHXgMR4tAx3YDFrZ3Ri5RJDWL86WZBf2lG_G1oppEiT8Q5BQQlGIXNUISnGJ0ZP0e6gCZ8eiNuntU_RCt6Djf974UEPFirmBIsGIAOyv5LcgEW3u-KFw8vwz_R8MCe9pOqjQrYnCkwUR10eoHvINvjDHdOqqrrXIK0PMQtn1kQDEs_bHcD_MVuYquU1iEHvdw7Lc1Ui8zhBKgOBxcBKtyfxcQoKjNy7EZ0CvPmaG5Rm6-WNxx_yrpoJ1yMA3mwIEGPzE7FquzEps22itxmP=w1908-h903-no?authuser=0

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1