Check Out This Fucking Sandwich

Jack Straw

29 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I usually do romaine, but did iceberg this time. Put in the freezer a bit to get really cold and then fine sliced.  Would do again. 

I have to admit, iceberg lettuce has its place.  Uber crunchy.  

I believe it is completely void of nutritional value.

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I have to admit, iceberg lettuce has its place.  Uber crunchy.  

I believe it is completely void of nutritional value.

I thought so, but apparently not completely devoid.

And while iceberg lettuce gets a bad reputation for not being as nutritious as other lettuces, it’s packed with Vitamin A, Vitamin K, and folate.

https://www.webmd.com/diet/health-benefits-iceberg-lettuce#1

I use it for burgers to add some crunch, but rarely for anything else.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 6/22/2021 at 1:38 PM, South Austin said:

I thought so, but apparently not completely devoid.

https://www.webmd.com/diet/health-benefits-iceberg-lettuce#1

I use it for burgers to add some crunch, but rarely for anything else.

On 6/22/2021 at 1:40 PM, jimmyjazz said:

I like it on gringo beef tacos.

wedge. fucking. salad.

• Hook 'Em 2

Coarse grind all beef bologna. Sweet pickle relish, diced onions, celery seeds, salt and pepper. I sometimes add japs. I add Miracle whip for lube but mustard works too. Cut the top off of a tomato and lay it open like a flower. Put a big dollop of the salad on top and enjoy. Cool summer treat.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 6/26/2021 at 9:52 AM, 956 Worldwide said:

Thick sliced warm smoked pastrami, beetroot horseradish, pickles, mustard on crunchy bread. Oh yeah, and a freshly pulled Czech Budweiser from a tank, delivered today.

image.thumb.jpeg.312419c1d91267aa6eb557d092fd02cf.jpeg

I'm pretty sure that's from "Fury".

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'm pretty sure that's from "Fury".

Ha, you noticed the background. These are some locals who do heritage and re-enactments of the U.S. liberation of South Bohemia. It’s not my hobby, but they are really great to have beers with, they love the U.S., and are incredibly knowledgeable about WWII history. 

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday I grilled burgers but today— I wanted another burger. I wanted a crispy, greasy, simple burger. So I made one. Quick browned some onions in a skillet with butter and salt/pepper. Buttered buns tossed under a broiler and spread with good mustard. And “puck style” smashed patty on the same skillet in the leftover oniony butter. Salt and pepper a two inch thick puck of beef, then immediately smash it to 1/2 inch a second after it hits the pan. Just let it sit till it’s crunchy and dark brown on one side. And melted some cheddar cheese on it after it flipped.  This may be what I’d eat for my last meal, nothing else needed on the plate.

image.thumb.jpeg.e1fa3c50a916e0b782344f51034622c3.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally got to try a local place I’ve passed by several times, wife got a regular cheeseburger and I got the bison bacon cheeseburger, both were excellent. 

5DAC03AD-CA1E-4DD1-8562-009803A9EB20.thumb.jpeg.c05995fb2dfc9ae4bb17cf1662e71955.jpeg

Usually not a fan of messy burgers but didn’t mind it this time.  Was also disappointed they stopped with their exotic burgers the python sounded interesting…

3D237A9B-3B91-4A41-94EA-62A5E80074F1.thumb.jpeg.4b356be8b6047bd3dd169304a7ccd1a7.jpeg

Edited by Underdog
  • Hook 'Em 1

My old man grew up poor in Depression era Texas out near Munday. He and my mother both had their comfort foods. He would dread bacon grease on bread, toast in a skillet, add mayo and sliced tomatoes. Poor folks food if you’re starving. It’s an awesome sandwich if you’re not. Sorry no pics.

• Like 1